Page 329 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 2292793193253263273283293303313323333393794298291329 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,225 of 40782
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like bs to me

https://www.newscientist.com/article...ovid-19-worse/

Infectious dose = minimal viral dose required to get infected

After that it's all about viral load, how quickly the virus replicates inside the infected person.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like bs to me

After that it's all about viral load, how quickly the virus replicates inside the infected person.

Thanks. Hard to know what to believe, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , my only daily test is to make sure I can smell things.

This thing is so ed up.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moving around corners and passing people in the store is an awkward dance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2015 archive from Italian TV talking about an artificially created virus by the Chinese government with financial support of US government. It's in Italian but you might find images or words that You can relate.

http://www.rai.it/dl/RaiTV/programmi...7dc47565b.html

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Guess which state had the Democratic governor... and which had the Republican governor.
    That's so funny because I was in both states on March 13th and in KY from March 9th-March 13th. Kairotic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think I "spouted off about thousands failing". I know some did fail, but have not really offered any commentary beyond noting that.

I think you are entirely correct about the hoses. They may be simply left off of a checklist, or not. No idea what cons utes "maintenance".

Still, faulty equipment is something to be concerned about. Hopefully someone will look into it a bit more closely, so that it doesn't cause anyone harm.
    I meant "you" in general, not you specifically.

Equipment has a failure rate, a mean time between failures, a time to repair and an out of box failure rate. The OEM has to meet specific guidelines to secure a contract to provide these, so if there's any shortcoming as far as parts being missing, that has to be made right by the OEM or the contracted company servicing the units. I would not want to be the manager in charge of that contract, knowing now that many units my team signed off on just a few months prior have missing parts... it points to failure from top down and no real audits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hold my breath and walk away quick, tbh.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is one of the many variables we need to know more about with this virus.
    There is also evidence that some people produce more concentrated loads of virus as well and this changes throughout the process of going from no symptoms to have symptoms. Add that it might be also true that asymptomatic(really mildly symptomatic)and symptomatic people both produce larger more concentrated loads before symptoms are seen. Add in some people produce viruses over a longer time period.

This is is a mess. We will not figure this out in time this round (hopefully there is not another) for it to really help (except to maybe avoid another round in the fall)

This is basic stuff that should go into modeling but can’t with certainty because we just don’t know yet. We can’t even model the big stuff that accurately. (Base it on Italy because they did this and this but China did this so that means... on and on...)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like bs to me

No no, it's like gamma radiation. A startling metamorphosis occurs in the body chemistry, transforming the carrier into the incredible hulk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is one of the many variables we need to know more about with this virus.
    There is also evidence that some people produce more concentrated loads of virus as well and this changes throughout the process of going from no symptoms to have symptoms. Add that it might be also true that asymptomatic(really mildly symptomatic)and symptomatic people both produce larger more concentrated loads before symptoms are seen. Add in some people produce viruses over a longer time period.

This is is a mess. We will not figure this out in time this round (hopefully there is not another) for it to really help (except to maybe avoid another round in the fall)

This is basic stuff that should go into modeling but can’t with certainty because we just don’t know yet. We can’t even model the big stuff that accurately. (Base it on Italy because they did this and this but China did this so that means... on and on...)

Between the long incubation and asymptomatic spreaders, this is a very ty virus.

You go from hardly any cases to an explosion of cases in just a few weeks.

I can only hope scientists figure this out quick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need to start wearing masks d

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird that people seem to be less mindful in bigger stores. If Walmart curbside has enough stuff in stock I'm just not going in to any big boxes the rest of the month.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im even trying to figure out how many bike lengths to stay behind people before I make a sprint to pass them on the trails. Or how to drop back quickly if someone wants to pass me. And this is of course outside. Trying to go at times and bad (hotter or wet) weather when not as many peeps are out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. Hard to know what to believe, tbh.
    Yeah, I just noticed the guy used no citations of facts and was a chemist.

If you want to just get an understanding of coronaviruses this is a good read. Hard slog and impossible to understand everything in it without being an expert but still a good read. From 2009...
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2830095/

Or just read the conclusion. Can't say "we" didn't know...

Perhaps the most important insight made over the past several years is that coronaviruses have and will likely continue to cross between species and cause disease in unrelated hosts. This disease may be mild, like the disease caused by the SARS-like CoV that was transmitted to animal handlers in wet markets in China, but it may be severe, as illustrated by the transmission that triggered the SARS epidemic. Further, SARS-CoV appeared to use an entirely new receptor when it crossed species from bats to palm civets and humans. As part of this transmission to a new species, the virus also needed to evolve strategies to evade the innate immune response of the new hosts. One future goal will be to further delineate how the virus evades the immune response and better understand its interaction with the T and B cell responses, both in the original host (bats), in which disease appears to be mild, and in humans and experimentally infected animals.

Finally, no effective treatments exist for any coronavirus infections, including SARS140; vaccines, even for animal coronaviruses, are not effective; and live attenuated vaccines are prone to recombination with circulating coronaviruses. One future goal will be to translate new information about the structure and function of coronavirus proteins into specific anti-virus therapies. Also, development of live, attenuated, safe vaccines that do not recombine in the wild is another goal, made more feasible as more is learned about basic coronavirus biology. Over the past few years, the development of new technologies has simplified the identification of novel coronaviruses; the next major goals will be to understand viral pathogenesis and to design effective coronavirus vaccines and therapies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need to start wearing masks d
    Yes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird that people seem to be less mindful in bigger stores. If Walmart curbside has enough stuff in stock I'm just not going in to any big boxes the rest of the month.

My wife did one last trip this week. It's curbside from here on out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I just noticed the guy used no citations of facts and was a chemist.

If you want to just get an understanding of coronaviruses this is a good read. Hard slog and impossible to understand everything in it without being an expert but still a good read. From 2009...
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2830095/

Or just read the conclusion. Can't say "we" didn't know...
    , that wasn't very reassuring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im even trying to figure out how many bike lengths to stay behind people before I make a sprint to pass them on the trails. Or how to drop back quickly if someone wants to pass me. And this is of course outside. Trying to go at times and bad (hotter or wet) weather when not as many peeps are out.
    Luckily I'm in a much less dense part of town. I'd be downright paranoid in the city right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still see people cough into their hand all the time and then touch things. This is a major source of transmission.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luckily I'm in a much less dense part of town. I'd be downright paranoid in the city right now.

Same here. There's only between 1-4 people in my zip code that are positive. Might as well multiply that by 10 tho.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I meant "you" in general, not you specifically.

Equipment has a failure rate, a mean time between failures, a time to repair and an out of box failure rate. The OEM has to meet specific guidelines to secure a contract to provide these, so if there's any shortcoming as far as parts being missing, that has to be made right by the OEM or the contracted company servicing the units. I would not want to be the manager in charge of that contract, knowing now that many units my team signed off on just a few months prior have missing parts... it points to failure from top down and no real audits.
    From what I read most of the ventilators reported as faulty and needing repair had dead batteries because they've been sitting unopened in storage for over a decade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Could have"?

2015 archive from Italian TV talking about an artificially created virus by the Chinese government with financial support of US government. It's in Italian but you might find images or words that You can relate.

http://www.rai.it/dl/RaiTV/programmi...7dc47565b.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same here. There's only between 1-4 people in my zip code that are positive. Might as well multiply that by 10 tho.
    Yeah, I keep seeing 2 but there's no way that's it.

Thread Information