Page 393 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 2933433833893903913923933943953963974034434938931393 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,825 of 40782
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nah man, it's only testing.
    I think you're wrong there, bum. All co-pays have been waived by insurance companies & there is no charge thru Medicaid, that's how Splits got his paid for.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you're wrong there, bum. All co-pays have been waived by insurance companies & there is no charge thru Medicaid, that's how Splits got his paid for.
    By like two insurance companies though, right? That's all I remember hearing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing toothless brits

1,000 of their citizens died just today. Sky news opens their primetime show with smiling faces saying “good news, Boris Johnson is sitying up in bed”

de able Brits

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    By like two insurance companies though, right? That's all I remember hearing.
    You are the most, after Splits, anal poster on this Board.

Damn ya!!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ing toothless brits

1,000 of their citizens died just today. Sky news opens their primetime show with smiling faces saying “good news, Boris Johnson is sitying up in bed”

de able Brits
    We'd do the same damn thing if Hillary had beat the old man & ended up ass over teacup with Corona.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are the most, after Splits, anal poster on this Board.

Damn ya!!!
    Bend over, I'll give you anal splits.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ing toothless brits

de able Brits
    I couldn't be happier. He's a stout fellow.

& you can deny it till the cows come home, hater, but, you're pulling for his demise.

You sick thing, you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one lady w/o insurance got home from covid stay in hospital: $34K

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covid19 treatment is free.
    Uh, since when?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I couldn't be happier. He's a stout fellow.

& you can deny it till the cows come home, hater, but, you're pulling for his demise.

You sick thing, you.
    nope

Porton is comedic gold

hes a perfect PM for such a declining has been empire. hes Benny Hill reincarnated

Bolsonaro on the other hand. yes I would secretly be pulking for his demise

Trump... I would not. But only because behind him is Mike Penis and Joe Biden

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Another merit badge for Fauci.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Another merit badge for Fauci.
    Why does that matter to you, Qhris?

Step up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covid19 treatment is free.
    Dude, I wan't what you are huffing.

Seriously though, I heard the mouth noises coming out of Cadet Bungle McGees burger hole.

How much money you want to bet that won't be the case?

Before you answer, you may want to think long and hard about what health insurance premiums are going to do in the next year.

More free market failure, as fewer and fewer people will have health insurance.

But hey, we're number one, right? Best system in the world (at transferring money from poor people to rich shareholders)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I stand corrected. I thought the free testing got expanded in the last big funding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess you young sluffers better get insurance just in case.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, boomer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    President Sourdough "look at my ratings" Thunderthighs is pushing for it or something. Feel free to ask CC for a link. See how that goes. I tried and couldn't find where I had read it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup thats what happens in 3rd world countries

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yay. Hand-waving solution to all our problems.

What was your criticism of Sanders' health care plan again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .. blacks are being killed by covid at much higher rate than whites, they don't know why
    Hispanics and Blacks have a higher percentage of people that suffer from diabetes, hypertension, obesity, etc than whites do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally, I think that would be appropriate for US to pay all costs of treatment despite insurance status while we are printing money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally, I think that would be appropriate for US to pay all costs of treatment despite insurance status while we are printing money.
    Same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manny...you back in SA? Still with Jenn?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hydroxychloroquine-COVID-19 study did not meet publishing society’s “expected standard”

Didier Raoult
    The paper that appears to have triggered the Trump administration’s obsession with hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for infection with the novel coronavirus has received a statement of concern from the society that publishes the journal in which the work appeared.

The April 3, 2020, notice, from the International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents, states that the March 20 article, “Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin as a treatment of Covid-19: results of an open-label non-randomized clinical trial” does not meet the [International Society of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy’s] expected standard, especially relating to the lack of better explanations of the inclusion criteria and the triage of patients to ensure patient safety.
    The notice, which is from the ISAC and not the journal itself, is a bit ambiguous. The society says it “shares the concerns” about the paper, but it doesn’t appear to be taking additional action.

The study was led by Didier Raoult, of the University of Marseille, whose publication history has come under scrutiny.

Last month, Elisabeth Bik took a close look at the IJAA article and detailed a long list of serious problems with the study, including questions about its ethical underpinnings, messy confounding variables, missing patients, rushed and conflicted peer review, and confusing data.

Others have used PubPeer to report additional issues with the Raoult article.

Raoult has not responded to a request for comment from Retraction Watch.

Of course, the horse has left the proverbial barn on this one. An untold number of patients have been receiving hydroxychloroquine, as well as chloroquine, for Covid-19 infection, thanks in large part to cheerleading for the drugs from President Trump.

Although a certain amount of haste is to be expected in a medical crisis, and sometimes spitballing may be a viable option, the use of poorly investigated therapies is hardly risk free. In this case, not only do the drugs carry significant side effects, but they are critical treatments for people with lupus and rheumatoid arthritis — patients who now have to hope that they can still get access to medications that are keeping them alive. (Now come reports that states are hoarding hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine for precisely these people.)

In other words, although the president might be narrowly correct when he says that Covid-19 patients have “nothing to lose” by taking the drugs, the game is zero-sum.

And we are likely to see lots of “promising” but ultimately unhelpful treatments in the days and weeks ahead. As we wrote the other day in Wired:

When it comes to findings, the Covid-19 train is an express, while the rigorous science coach is a local. Until that local arrives at its final destination, it may be wise to label all this research—preprints, peer-reviewed papers, and for goodness’ sake, pronouncements from Donald Trump— with a black-box warning: “There is some evidence for this now. It will likely turn out to be at least partially wrong.”

https://retractionwatch.com/2020/04/...cted-standard/

So much for Dr. Trump’s magic elixir

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems a bunch of doctors still believe it helps and their patients appreciate it.

Thread Information