Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pre pandemic we only had 300,000 open hospital beds in the US of all kinds, including ones that are useless in this pandemic such as neonatal ICU, drug rehab, psych, etc.

300,000 divided by .05 is 6,000,000

meaning that, at that rate, 6,000,000 people getting COVID at the same time means all those beds are full.

6,000,000 divided by 330,000,000 equals 1.8%

So all it takes to completely overwhelm the health care system is about 1.5% of the population getting a highly contagious disease at once.

You.
    Stupid.
    another dumbass that has no idea how infectious diseases work

thinks everyone who contracts Covid needs a hospital bed

only 5% of all infections require hospital. And for many its just a visit not a bed. Based on your "calculations" (not how infectious diseases work) if EVERYONE in US gets infected at once. Only 16,000,000 beds will needed. And again many need just visits. There is zero chance of that scenario. It's taking 2 years to infect 50 million people
    Last edited by hater; 09-22-2021 at 09:37 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ron DeSantis Bans Quarantine Mandates For Students Exposed To Covid,

Calls Them ‘Draconian’

the state Department of Health issued a new rule banning schools from mandating quarantines for non-symptomatic students who were in close contact with someone who tested positive for Covid-19.

DeSantis said the state would be following a “symptom-based approach to quarantining,” and called the change “long overdue.”

“Parents have the right to have their healthy kids in school,”

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/ro...tine-mandates/

========================

"Signs and symptoms of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) may appear two to 14 days after exposure.

This time after exposure and before having symptoms is called the incubation period."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/symptoms-causes/syc-20479963#:~:text=Signs%20and%20symptoms%20of%20cor onavirus,called%20the%20incubation%20period.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ron DeSantis Bans Quarantine Mandates For Students Exposed To Covid,

Calls Them ‘Draconian’

the state Department of Health issued a new rule banning schools from mandating quarantines for non-symptomatic students who were in close contact with someone who tested positive for Covid-19.

DeSantis said the state would be following a “symptom-based approach to quarantining,” and called the change “long overdue.”

“Parents have the right to have their healthy kids in school,”

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/ro...tine-mandates/

========================

"Signs and symptoms of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) may appear two to 14 days after exposure.

This time after exposure and before having symptoms is called the incubation period."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/symptoms-causes/syc-20479963#:~:text=Signs%20and%20symptoms%20of%20cor onavirus,called%20the%20incubation%20period.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nothing new that wasn't prognosticated late July-early August, bouts. They warned Biden then that the thrust would peak mid-October.

Just like they told Biden after he hijacked the White House in January (You're not going to like it, sir, but Americans are going to die. Nothing will touch it. We'll herd it out just like they did a 100 years ago.)

They'd told President Trump the same thing (You're not going to like it, Mr. President, but Americans are going to die. Nothing will touch it. We'll herd it out just like they did a 100 years ago.)

Mother er Biden did 4th of July what Santis in Florida did a year earlier..."We're opening up and we're not going backPERIOD"

It's been a slaughterhouse ever since.

Let us proceed...

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when the leftist children of spurstalk would blame President Trump for every single death from covid. These people aren't serious people. They just have their agenda and they will do anything for power.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when the leftist children of spurstalk would blame President Trump for every single death from covid. These people aren't serious people. They just have their agenda and they will do anything for power.
    He is largely responsible since people dying are unvaccinated and he polarized the subject pretty much telling republicans not to get vaccinated. The US have one of the lowest vaccination rate among rich countries pretty much because of him. But at the end, I don't really care if maga supporters are dying, that'll raise the average IQ of the country and remove fascist from the face of the earth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is largely responsible since people dying are unvaccinated and he polarized the subject pretty much telling republicans not to get vaccinated. The US have one of the lowest vaccination rate among rich countries pretty much because of him. But at the end, I don't really care if maga supporters are dying, that'll raise the average IQ of the country and remove fascist from the face of the earth.
    Fake news...

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You GD rights, Nathan.

& I'm holdin' 'em & that mother er faking it in the White House to accounts.

Let us proceed...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another dumbass that has no idea how infectious diseases work

thinks everyone who contracts Covid needs a hospital bed

only 5% of all infections require hospital. And for many its just a visit not a bed. Based on your "calculations" (not how infectious diseases work) if EVERYONE in US gets infected at once. Only 16,000,000 beds will needed. And again many need just visits. There is zero chance of that scenario. It's taking 2 years to infect 50 million people
    I very specifically said that not everyone who gets sick needs a bed. That is the underlying assumption of hte calculation, dip .

And yes, that is exactly how infectious diseases work. It is basic statistics and probability.

For every X number of infections there is some ratio of people who will need hospitalization.

smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I very specifically said that not everyone who gets sick needs a bed. That is the underlying assumption of hte calculation, dip .

And yes, that is exactly how infectious diseases work. It is basic statistics and probability.

For every X number of infections there is some ratio of people who will need hospitalization.

smh
    No idiot its not. You are way off.

Infectious diseases dont spread over a region/country evenly. There are hotspots and cold spots. Covid doesnt check its GPS location or go through immigrations. It goes wherever it can replicate.

Thats where we are now there are hotspots that need to be watched and controlled. IMO every local region should have a circuit breaker if hospital beds.get 100% and infections are at a certain level. No choice but to locally lock down. But the #s should be clear. Not arbitrary.

Think of New Zealand system. Except NZ wants zero cases which is insane. The limit should be just enough cases to overwhelm hospitals but notncompletely collapse them. Much higher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this where your COVID conspiracy comes from?

Feel free to put some commentary on your own post…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’ll, it was a 3 year moratorium… and only on US funding.

We’re not talking about research that was previously banned or anything like that…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this where your COVID conspiracy comes from?

Feel free to put some commentary on your own post…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s so funny? You already commented on how you think the virus escaped from a lab in China and the NIH funded it. That’s a conspiracy theory at this time…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so much fail in this post.

Cain was 74. The others mentione ALL but Takada and Devito were younger and all multi millionaires

Do you realize how many more millions of non multi millionaires are there compared to actual multi millionaires?

Your "others" don't even exist.
    You're going to have to prove their both millionaires for this to go further, Williamson you got the name wrong, he was a temptation for 10 years and a Vegas singer that dude is not a millionaire.
    The newscaster you also got the name wrong, don't know who the you're talking about

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your "others" don't even exist.
    You're going to have to prove their both millionaires for this to go further, Williamson you got the name wrong, he was a temptation for 10 years and a Vegas singer that dude is not a millionaire.
    The newscaster you also got the name wrong, don't know who the you're talking about
    Hey if you believe millionaires are not at risk of dying of Covid thats your hill to die on

Infectious diseases just dont work that way

I work with big banks. Most of the VPs are.millionaires obviously. They just ins uted biweekly Covid tests eventhough everyone is vaxed

You do the math

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the lack of daycare and support for women caring for sick children and family members at home puts a s ch in employment

Women over the age of 20, who already had a lower labor force participation than men, were particularly pummeled by pandemic caregiving responsibilities. In August, the labor force participation rate for those women actually dropped from the month prior, indicating yet another impact of the Delta variant.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/only...ck-work-2021-9

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CNN saying this is probably the last major wave. That settles it people. Pandemic over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CNN saying this is probably the last major wave. That settles it people. Pandemic over.

Time to party

Thread Information