Page 406 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 3063563964024034044054064074084094104164565069061406 ... LastLast
Results 10,126 to 10,150 of 40770
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More than wearing KN95 mask and quivering at Wendy's drive thru.
    Which is what?

What are you doing for your hospital and community?

Post the top ten.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just give me a link.
    Google is your friend

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/04/...onavirus-peak/

2 of 15
    Workers wearing personal protective equipment bury bodies in a trench on Hart Island, Thursday, April 9, 2020, in the Bronx borough of New York. On Thursday, New York City’s medical examiner confirmed that the city has shortened the amount of time it will hold on to remains to 14 days from 30 days before they will be transferred for temporary internment at a City Cemetery. Earlier in the week, Mayor Bill DeBlasio said that officials have explored the possibility of temporary burials on Hart Island, a strip of land in Long Island Sound that has long served as the city’s potter’s field. (AP Photo/John Minchillo)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is what?

Post the top ten.

I have family in front lines of this. What are you doing, pussy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the models, it looks like June 1st is probably a 'safe' spot for landing and reopening in full, with precautions like masks, etc.
    The models assume all 50 states maintain the same level of social distancing into August. June would reset the clock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't ask what your family is doing, Darrin.

Surely you're very proud of everything you are doing now and want to set an example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't ask what your family is doing, Darrin.

Surely you're very proud of everything you are doing now and want to set an example.

I donated to #SafeChumpdumperFromDriveThruCovid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Coronavirus case counts are rising exponentially in Africa. Since the continent saw its first case, in Egypt in mid-February, some 10,000 cases and 500 deaths have been confirmed.

Public health officials think this is just the beginning, and they worry that the situation in the coming weeks will get much worse. "COVID-19 has the potential not only to cause thousands of deaths, but to also unleash economic and social devastation," Dr. Matshidiso Moeti, WHO regional director for Africa, said in a statement Wednesday.

There are several reasons why health officials are especially concerned about the impact of COVID-19 in African countries...."

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...t-the-beginnin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SOME GOOD IN NEWS FINALLY:

"So far, no transmission of the virus in supermarkets, restaurants or hairdressers has been proven," explained Bonn virologist Hendrik Streeck on the ZDF Markus Lanz talk show.
    Instead, the major outbreaks have been the result of close get-togethers over a longer period of time, he said.

That's demonstrated in, for example, outbreaks that have stemmed from après-ski parties in Ischgl, at football matches in Bergamo or at carnival celebrations in the municipality of Gangelt in the Heinsberg district of North Rhine-Westphalia.

Initial surveys and investigations in homes in Heinsberg have already provided some indications of how the virus works. Streeck, who is director of the Ins ute of Virology at Bonn University, said he was able to detect coronavirus by swabbing remote controls, washbasins, mobile phones, toilets or door handles.

However, it has not been possible to cultivate the virus in the laboratory on the basis of these swabs. "This means that we have detected the RNA (or ribonucleic acid, which carries the virus’s genetic information) of 'dead' viruses," Streeck said.
    According to his previous research results, he believes "that a door handle can only be infectious if someone has actually coughed in their hand and then reached for it.
    https://www.thelocal.de/20200402/how...worst-hit-spot

And some even better news. Germans conducted serotests within a town and found 14% of that population had antibodies (meaning prior infections that weren't counted as "official cases"), so this could illustrate how vastly we are undercounting recovered cases, which in turn will dramatically lower the mortality rate.

From the result of their blood survey, the German team estimated the death rate in the municipality at 0.37% overall, a figure significantly lower than what’s shown on a dashboard maintained by Johns Hopkins, where the death rate in Germany among reported cases is 2%.
    https://www.technologyreview.com/202...wn-in-germany/

Still about 4 times higher than the flu, but a of a lot better than 3.4 percent, 2 percent, 1 percent, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I donated to #SafeChumpdumperFromDriveThruCovid
    you're not doing a ing thing you self-righteous prick.

Not one ing thing!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, so because your family is in the front lines that means you're doing your part?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And some even better news. Germans conducted serotests within a town and found 14% of that population had antibodies (meaning prior infections that weren't counted as "official cases"), so this could illustrate how vastly we are undercounting recovered cases, which in turn will dramatically lower the mortality rate.

Still about 4 times higher than the flu, but a of a lot better than 3.4 percent, 2 percent, 1 percent, etc.

you are the light pulp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hope the numbers end up on the low side, but it's encouraging.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, so because your family is in the front lines that means you're doing your part?
    You don't know what I'm doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. That is exactly what he's saying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why I asked you what you are doing.

What are you doing to help your hospital and community?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't know what CD is doing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The POTUS state up to not long ago, tbh
    blue state

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good let’s all go get our hair cut then

Also will be interesting when they find out what genetic markers are the link between young people getting seriously ill. It has to be genetics if the person is young and healthy, no other explanation why some are perfectly fine and others very much not so

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can we agree we dont know wtf any of us are doing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm certainly not counting my family's actions on the front lines as my own. That would be pretty much the saddest thing anyone could try to pull.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Useful information

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me and you agree on that but people here with hurt butts will always guess the worst about those that did the hurting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm certainly not counting my family's actions on the front lines as my own. That would be pretty much the saddest thing anyone could try to pull.
    Reminds me of King Joffrey from GOT for some reason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good let’s all go get our hair cut then

Also will be interesting when they find out what genetic markers are the link between young people getting seriously ill. It has to be genetics if the person is young and healthy, no other explanation why some are perfectly fine and others very much not so
    Yeah, the big challenge after this is for all of us to get psychologically comfortable in public spaces. I probably won't get it going shopping at Target or whatever, but I'd still feel nervous simply shopping at Target. And who knows when our precious sports will return to normal? Don't know long it will take us collectively to be comfortable sitting shoulder-to-shoulder in a stadium or arena. I do think this virus might be able to be snuffed out. One problem with the flu and why it's never been eradicated because it mutates quickly. From what I read on coronaviruses, they mutate very slowly. So if we can get a vax plus herd immunity, we might be able to prevent it from becoming endemic.

Thread Information