TOTAL: 1 million active cases.

Let us proceed...
    Don't worry about it, the south will rise again

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Don't worry about it, the south will rise again
    ..."let us rise to the call of freedom loving blood that is in us. In the name of the greatest people who has ever trod this earth..."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    similar alarms ringing for OH, CO, PA, AZ, WI, MI, MA, and ME

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

...All BLUE states save OH.

& furthermore, they're full of . All they're doing is taking a fit because they're in the direct line of "fire." I don't see 'em resigning en masse, Winester. Uh, uh. Want to know why? I'll tell ya...makin' money hand over fist; That time & a-half, that double time, that triple time. It ain't money from home, sure, but it's cold-hard-cash...

If they don't die in the interim this is as good as it's gonna get. And it will not get this good again. & what's more, they know it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The great state of Minnesota, land of Bud Grant and his Purple People Eaters, of Joe & his Kapp.

The BLUE state of Minnesota checks in of a Friday luncheon time with 58 Minnesotan's dead from the COVID.

Let us proceed...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The great state of Ohio, land of Woody and his Hayes, land of Euclid and it's Beach Park.

The BLUE state of Oh...Uh, oh, Ohio ain't BLUE.

tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MAGA tear-flavored ice cream is so mmm, mmm, mmm delicious. Makes you wants another term.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    MAGA tear-flavored ice cream is so mmm, mmm, mmm delicious. Makes you wants another term.

Trump President.
    Not Clinton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Me: Another scoop of MAGA tear ice cream President Biden?

President Biden: But of course, yes, keep it coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In case all the salty MAGA s missed the obvious:

Covid-19 patients at this hospital are dying 'at a rate we've never seen die before' -- and it's taking a toll on health care workers

Nurse Katie Sefton never thought Covid-19 could get this bad -- and certainly not this late in the pandemic.

"I was really hoping that we'd (all) get vaccinated and things would be back to normal," said Sefton, an assistant manager at Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, Michigan.
    But this week Michigan had more patients hospitalized for Covid-19 than ever before. Covid-19 hospitalizations jumped 88% in the past month, according to the Michigan Health & Hospital Association.
    "We have more patients than we've ever had at any point, and we're seeing more people die at a rate we've never seen die before," said Jim Dover, president and CEO of Sparrow Health System.

"Since January, we've had about 289 deaths; 75% are unvaccinated people," Dover said. "And the very few (vaccinated people) who passed away all were more than 6 months out from their shot. So we've not had a single person who has had a booster shot die from Covid."

us/hospital-covid-19-deaths-michigan

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    In case all the salty MAGA s missed the obvious:

Covid-19 patients at this hospital are dying 'at a rate we've never seen die before' -- and it's taking a toll on health care workers

Nurse Katie Sefton never thought Covid-19 could get this bad -- and certainly not this late in the pandemic.

"I was really hoping that we'd (all) get vaccinated and things would be back to normal," said Sefton, an assistant manager at Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, Michigan.
    But this week Michigan had more patients hospitalized for Covid-19 than ever before. Covid-19 hospitalizations jumped 88% in the past month, according to the Michigan Health & Hospital Association.
    "We have more patients than we've ever had at any point, and we're seeing more people die at a rate we've never seen die before," said Jim Dover, president and CEO of Sparrow Health System.

"Since January, we've had about 289 deaths; 75% are unvaccinated people," Dover said. "And the very few (vaccinated people) who passed away all were more than 6 months out from their shot. So we've not had a single person who has had a booster shot die from Covid."

us/hospital-covid-19-deaths-michigan
    Thanks for the lead-in, daddy-O...

The great state of Michigan, after taking yesterday (Thursday) off is lodging 133 dead of the COVID of a Friday afternoon.

BLUE-state-Michigan.

Let us proceed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    MF Biden's weekly death count thru yesterday, Thursday 9 December 2021...

Monday: 733 dead of the COVID.
    Tuesday: 1,942 dead of the COVID.
    Wednesday: 1,366 dead of the COVID.
    Thursday: 1,396 dead of the COVID.
    Today/Friday: 1,173 dead of the COVID. & counting, son.
    Saturday:
    Sunday:

TOTAL, so far: 6,610 Americans dead of the COVID on MF Biden death list this week.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Omicron is dodging the immune system—but boosters show promising signs

Initial data on the new variant have experts worried about its ability to spread rapidly.

But vaccine boosters still seem to be effective, as do some monoclonal antibody therapies.

it seems to evade existing immunity more easily than previous variants.

But whether it causes more severe illness is still up for debate.

Despite multiple travel bans, the Omicron variant has already spread to 57 countries and has now been detected in 21 U.S. states.

At least for now, though, Delta remains the most prevalent variant in the world and still causes most COVID-19 deaths globally.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/omicron-is-dodging-the-immune-systembut-boosters-show-promising-signs

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Omicron is dodging the immune system—but boosters show promising signs

Initial data on the new variant have experts worried about its ability to spread rapidly.

But vaccine boosters still seem to be effective, as do some monoclonal antibody therapies.

it seems to evade existing immunity more easily than previous variants.

But whether it causes more severe illness is still up for debate.

Despite multiple travel bans, the Omicron variant has already spread to 57 countries and has now been detected in 21 U.S. states.

At least for now, though, Delta remains the most prevalent variant in the world and still causes most COVID-19 deaths globally.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/omicron-is-dodging-the-immune-systembut-boosters-show-promising-signs
    ...it's whooped the USA's ass pillar-to-post...it's killed over 7,000 Americans this week so far thru today...

Monday: 733 dead Americans.
    Tuesday: 1,942 dead Americans.
    Wednesday: 1,366 dead Americans.
    Thursday: 1,417 dead Americans.
    Friday: 1,574 dead Americans. & counting, bouts.
    Saturday:
    Sunday:

TOTAL of MF Biden's American dead just this week:::7,032 dead Americans. & counting, kids.

Let us proceed...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Colorado Gov. Jared Polis: No More Mask Mandates For Covid, "The Emergency Is Over"
    https://www.newsweek.com/colorados-d...andate-1658432

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

it doesn't matter if the Omicron disease progression is milder if it's more contagious and swells the caseload. hospital systems already under stain from Delta will be crushed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a personal note, two of my co-workers home-tested positive Thursday morning, one came back with a positive PCR test. Still waiting on the other PCR. I worked with both of them multiple times during the last week, masked and boosted.

I home tested negative Thursday afternoon, will retest tomorrow. No symptoms, fingers crossed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sequestered from my sweetheart and masked up at home, she isn't boosted yet and has a risk factor -- asthma.

Trying to keep the house as well-ventilated as possible, got a HEPA air filter in my room and staying outside as much as possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not worried about me, I seldom get sick. Just don't want my wife to get ill or die because I was careless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a personal note...
    Dear diary....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing antivaxx losers crushing our hospital staff. If you're an antivaxxer you should just be told to stay home and die when you get COVID.
    Or even the meh I'll get it at some point assholes

"....While Bob was never against receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, he chose to take a wait-and-see approach when they first became available. As time passed, he never took the time to get it, a decision he now regrets.

“Going through this, I would definitely go back and get it. I’m just one of those people that thinks, ‘I’m fine. I went a year and haven’t caught the virus, so I’ll be OK’,” he observes. “But looking back, I would take the shot many times over if I had the choice (again). I was on the edge of death.”....

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/patie...he-got-vaccine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same words spoken at about every hospital in the country:

"“I would recommend everybody get vaccinated. Don’t wait because when it’s too late, it’s too late and there were times I was going through this that I regretted not getting vaccinated.”

https://www.wkrg.com/news/36-year-ol...otten-vaccine/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same words spoken at about every hospital in the country:

"“I would recommend everybody get vaccinated. Don’t wait because when it’s too late, it’s too late and there were times I was going through this that I regretted not getting vaccinated.”

https://www.wkrg.com/news/36-year-ol...otten-vaccine/
    “I took Ivermectin and Dexamethasone and once I got that prescribed to me, went to CVS, picked it up in 30 minutes, started taking it the next day…it was a five day thing and it pulled me right out of the pneumonia part of it.”

Thread Information