you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    bryan edwards szn boys. rip tyrell

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Yikes. I guess this is why people that don’t follow teams or players shouldnt make uneducated opinions
    You praised me for my research when i was complimenting the Panthers front 7 acquisitions last year, but poopoo my takes when i say critical things. Lol

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I'm still going to Vegas for the Saints-Raiders game, but pretty bummed that I won't get to be sitting in the new stadium for the game.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    You praised me for my research when i was complimenting the Panthers front 7 acquisitions last year, but poopoo my takes when i say critical things. Lol
    Wasnt referring to you

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yikes. I guess this is why people that don’t follow teams or players shouldnt make uneducated opinions
    Look, I watched a lot of Saints games the first half of last year. Bridgewater can barely throw past 10 yards. Which is fine if you have Michael Thomas and Alvin Kamara. It's nice to have a Kamara clone in CMC, but they're going to be a one dimensional team because they can only run and throw short and their offensive line can't pass protect for .

Not to mention the mass exodus on defense and the lack of effort to replace the guys they lost in free agency. The draft, yeah, but rookies that aren't blue chip need time to develop.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm still going to Vegas for the Saints-Raiders game, but pretty bummed that I won't get to be sitting in the new stadium for the game.
    have to wait 8 more years and if Biden wins football will soon be illegal due to the threat of injury and Mike Ditka statues torn down because he's not a lef .

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Look, I watched a lot of Saints games the first half of last year. Bridgewater can barely throw past 10 yards. Which is fine if you have Michael Thomas and Alvin Kamara. It's nice to have a Kamara clone in CMC, but they're going to be a one dimensional team because they can only run and throw short and their offensive line can't pass protect for .

Not to mention the mass exodus on defense and the lack of effort to replace the guys they lost in free agency. The draft, yeah, but rookies that aren't blue chip need time to develop.
    Lol.

First of all, McCaffrey is not a Kamara clone. Christian McCaffrey is the beat running back in football by far.

Secondly, yes Michael Thomas has good numbers, but the Saints offensive scheme, which Joe Brady was an integral part of for a few years, makes receivers stats inflated. The receivers that I mentioned on Carolina have more raw talent then almost every team in the league. They surely have speed, which is huge in this Joe Brady offense.

Its funny that you mention yardage as a basis for bashing Teddy. Here’s two stats for you: 9 TD/2 INT, and 6-0 ad a starter. In an identical offense to what he will be in this year, with a plethora of young, fast and quickly developing weapons at his disposal.

Our defense is inexperienced, but that is not what we were talking about. We are talking about the Carolina Panthers offense, and their weapons. When you have an offense-based coach, and a ton of weapons at the playmaking position, you are primed to win games via shootout. Playing in a difficult division helps for out of divsiion games. Home field advantage will not be a factor this year with the lack of fans, changing the dynamic of football completely, as home field advantage in football is huge. Add that in to the fact that every year a new head coach surprises people in year one and excel, I wouldnt put it past them to exceed expectations.

For me, I don’t give a . I want Lawerence or Fields, but I’ not oblivious. Carolina, offensively, is a threat and a problem for any team in the league. If my team sucks, we have 80+ mill cap next year and a top pick. I’ll probably watch a lot of Patriots games for Cam.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Our? We?

Your team is the Patriots, as per your logo skin. They're going to go 7-9 with half their starters pussying out of the season but they still have Belichick and play in the worst division in football. They're not sniffing a top pick, however.

Enjoy that.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    DJ Moore should be a good fit with Bridgewater. he doesnt really win deep but he wins at short/intermediate and is a YAC monster. i'm more skeptical of how the other receivers (Anderson/Samuel) are going to work in this offense. Ian Thomas at TE is an athletic upside guy but we've seen a bunch of those types come in and flame out at the position, so it's an unknown.

should be a good week 1 test for both teams.

the raiders linebackers in recent years have been among the worst in the league in coverage, and this offseason they spent a lot of money to bring in corey littleton who is one of the best coverage backers in the league. with that said, CMC is one of the best receiving backs in history (i think he could easily be a full time slot receiver and be a pro bowler there alone).

you also have an inexperienced WR group for the raiders against a pretty mediocre secondary

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Its funny that you mention yardage as a basis for bashing Teddy. Here’s two stats for you: 9 TD/2 INT, and 6-0 ad a starter. In an identical offense to what he will be in this year, with a plethora of young, fast and quickly developing weapons at his disposal.
    saints are a well oiled machine... Michael Thomas is a top 3 receiver and Jared Cook has been a 2nd tier TE (Kelce/Kittle) for the last few seasons. Kamara isn't as good as CMC, but he's arguably the closest thing. and the Saints OL is one of the best in the league, Carolina's is somewhat average.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    saints are a well oiled machine... Michael Thomas is a top 3 receiver and Jared Cook has been a 2nd tier TE (Kelce/Kittle) for the last few seasons. Kamara isn't as good as CMC, but he's arguably the closest thing. and the Saints OL is one of the best in the league, Carolina's is somewhat average.
    Can you even name one of their OL these days? They haven't been good since 2017 when they still had Norwell, Kalil and Turner in the middle. They're not "somewhat average", either. "Somewhat average" is, say, what the Patriots or Chiefs have. "Good" is what the Raiders have now, "elite" is what the Raiders and Cowboys had in 2016, the Colts in 2018 and like the Packers had in 2014 with an all-star cast of Bakhtiari-Sitton-Linsley-Lang-Bulaga all in their primes.

"Bad" OLine is what the Panthers have now, what teams like the Bucs, Arizona, LAC, Denver, etc have had for years.

I do think that Kamara looked more tired and "spent" last year than other years, I think the wear and tear of over-use his first two years got to him, hopefully he won't go the way of Gurley but the Saints are smart for not overpaying him at the moment. Look what happened with the Freeman and Gurley deals.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    DJ Moore should be a good fit with Bridgewater. he doesnt really win deep but he wins at short/intermediate and is a YAC monster. i'm more skeptical of how the other receivers (Anderson/Samuel) are going to work in this offense. Ian Thomas at TE is an athletic upside guy but we've seen a bunch of those types come in and flame out at the position, so it's an unknown.

should be a good week 1 test for both teams.

the raiders linebackers in recent years have been among the worst in the league in coverage, and this offseason they spent a lot of money to bring in corey littleton who is one of the best coverage backers in the league. with that said, CMC is one of the best receiving backs in history (i think he could easily be a full time slot receiver and be a pro bowler there alone).

you also have an inexperienced WR group for the raiders against a pretty mediocre secondary
    Also a lousy Raiders pass rush (lol Mayowa went back to Seattle) against a lousy offensive line. Lol. The Raiders definitely have advantage at QB and OL now that the Panthers DL from last year is gone. And they should be able to run at will now that Kuechly, Poe, McCoy, Butler etc are gone as well. They still have Kawann Short but he was their worst run stopping DT anyway. McCaffrey will get his, but by the second half, Gruden will shut down that limited offense that's overly reliant on YAC from McCaffrey, Moore etc because Bridgewater can't throw deep, tbh.

Raiders 27
    Panthers 17

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Can you even name one of their OL these days? They haven't been good since 2017 when they still had Norwell, Kalil and Turner in the middle. They're not "somewhat average", either. "Somewhat average" is, say, what the Patriots or Chiefs have. "Good" is what the Raiders have now, "elite" is what the Raiders and Cowboys had in 2016, the Colts in 2018 and like the Packers had in 2014 with an all-star cast of Bakhtiari-Sitton-Linsley-Lang-Bulaga all in their primes.

"Bad" OLine is what the Panthers have now, what teams like the Bucs, Arizona, LAC, Denver, etc have had for years.

I do think that Kamara looked more tired and "spent" last year than other years, I think the wear and tear of over-use his first two years got to him, hopefully he won't go the way of Gurley but the Saints are smart for not overpaying him at the moment. Look what happened with the Freeman and Gurley deals.
    panthers just traded for Okung who is solid at LT and their RT Moton has been good for a few years now since being a 2nd round pick. i dont know anything about their guards, and i know they got Matt Paradis last year but from what i read he wasn't any good for them.

but having 2 good starting tackles makes them average despite having a nondescript interior. CMC isn't usually running up the guy anyway so the lack of interior blocking isn't a huge concern. the raiders pass rush is arguably better up the middle though... maurice hurst has been good and they just signed maliek collins from the cowboys. raiders edge rush is still pretty lousy. crosby did get 10 sacks for us last year, but its up to Ferrell and Nassib/Key to get more pressure.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Also a lousy Raiders pass rush (lol Mayowa went back to Seattle) against a lousy offensive line. Lol. The Raiders definitely have advantage at QB and OL now that the Panthers DL from last year is gone. And they should be able to run at will now that Kuechly, Poe, McCoy, Butler etc are gone as well. They still have Kawann Short but he was their worst run stopping DT anyway. McCaffrey will get his, but by the second half, Gruden will shut down that limited offense that's overly reliant on YAC from McCaffrey, Moore etc because Bridgewater can't throw deep, tbh.

Raiders 27
    Panthers 17
    panthers also drafted Derrick Brown in the first round who is a monster run defender. burns was a solid rookie edge rusher and they drafted another edge player in the 2nd round this year. they still have pretty good talent up front, though the raiders OL is pretty good, particularly in the interior. panthers issue is really everything else. the only good player they have in the back 7 is shaq thompson, but he's also coming off his least effective season in a while (no keuchly and thomas david to take pressure off him). their entire secondary is ???

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    panthers just traded for Okung who is solid at LT and their RT Moton has been good for a few years now since being a 2nd round pick. i dont know anything about their guards, and i know they got Matt Paradis last year but from what i read he wasn't any good for them.

but having 2 good starting tackles makes them average despite having a nondescript interior. CMC isn't usually running up the guy anyway so the lack of interior blocking isn't a huge concern. the raiders pass rush is arguably better up the middle though... maurice hurst has been good and they just signed maliek collins from the cowboys. raiders edge rush is still pretty lousy. crosby did get 10 sacks for us last year, but its up to Ferrell and Nassib/Key to get more pressure.
    maliek collins is atrocious against the run, will provide push up front on 3rd and 5+ though.

just can't take a Bridgewater led offense seriously. They don't have guys like sean payton, michael thomas, that elite o-line, that saints defense etc. They are rock bottom in the division and one of the worst 5 teams in the NFL in 2020. They play in a division with 3 terrifying offenses and they have no secondary. I have them getting Trevor Lawrence. Jacksonville ends up with Dak Prescott, as I predicted all along (since last year).

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    maliek collins is atrocious against the run, will provide push up front on 3rd and 5+ though.

just can't take a Bridgewater led offense seriously. They don't have guys like sean payton, michael thomas, that elite o-line, that saints defense etc. They are rock bottom in the division and one of the worst 5 teams in the NFL in 2020. They play in a division with 3 terrifying offenses and they have no secondary. I have them getting Trevor Lawrence. Jacksonville ends up with Dak Prescott, as I predicted all along (since last year).
    jaguars are the most obvious tank candidate. panthers maybe not too far behind. i dont think bridgewater is great but again, he should have a good connection with DJ Moore and obviously CMC. its more up to the defense to improve there

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    jaguars are the most obvious tank candidate. panthers maybe not too far behind. i dont think bridgewater is great but again, he should have a good connection with DJ Moore and obviously CMC. its more up to the defense to improve there
    their defense is far inferior to jacksonville who still have some 2017 pieces like myles jack.

As far as bottom-5 teams, LAC is not too far behind. They might not be tanking, but they don't have a competent QB or OL. Cincinnati has a QB now but he's young and raw and the rest of their roster still stinks. And of course the Redskins or whatever they're called. Those are your distinct bottom-5.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    their defense is far inferior to jacksonville who still have some 2017 pieces like myles jack.

As far as bottom-5 teams, LAC is not too far behind. They might not be tanking, but they don't have a competent QB or OL. Cincinnati has a QB now but he's young and raw and the rest of their roster still stinks. And of course the Redskins or whatever they're called. Those are your distinct bottom-5.
    i dont think chargers are bad enough to tank. their defense is still stacked and they have good skill players on offense. tyrod was a disaster on cleveland but was always decent-ish for buffalo, so they could still be a winning team. if they lose a few games early and make the switch to herbert, their floor gets lower

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i dont think chargers are bad enough to tank. their defense is still stacked and they have good skill players on offense. tyrod was a disaster on cleveland but was always decent-ish for buffalo, so they could still be a winning team. if they lose a few games early and make the switch to herbert, their floor gets lower
    Which they will... look at their schedule.

Taylor is a backup tier QB who should only be starting if the starter gets injured for a game or two. He was only "decent" on a middling-to-bad few years of Buffalo teams because they always had a top tier OLine (most of which are gone now, ftr) and Shady McCoy in his prime. The Chargers have a bottom tier OLine like they always do (though, they did add the Packers' long time stalwart B. Bulaga but he doesn't have experience at LT and he'll likely be asked to play there, because who else?!) and their franchise running back is now playing for a division rival. They still have some weapons but not as many as in past years, and with Taylor as the starter they won't be maximized in any case.

Their first 5 games will tell a lot -- they start out in Cincinnati, it's Joe Burrow's first career game and it's at home, if the Bengals win then we already know it's going to be a very long year for the Chargers. Because 3 of their next 4 are sure losses and if they start 1-4, Herbert's coming in, and the Chargers are headed to 3-13 and another top 5 pick.

I probably value QB and HC more than the rest of the mainstream sports media. For the Chargers, both are garbage. Lynn is a complete joke who should have been fired after a dismal year with a roster that was much better last year than this year. Yeah, the Chargers have a nice secondary and 2 fringe pro bowl caliber pass rushers (one of which will either get overpaid or traded soon, the other is WAY overpaid) but their defense as a whole is middle tier, their linebackers have been trash for a long time now. I don't see it for that team in 2020.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    undefeated since relocating

first home game in the new stadium next week... against the Saints. early schedule after week 1 looks pretty brutal. Saints, @ Pats, Bills, @ Chiefs, Bucs. if we can get out of that with a 3-3 record, will be in good shape with a lighter schedule beyond that

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    undefeated since relocating

first home game in the new stadium next week... against the Saints. early schedule after week 1 looks pretty brutal. Saints, @ Pats, Bills, @ Chiefs, Bucs. if we can get out of that with a 3-3 record, will be in good shape with a lighter schedule beyond that
    I think you can beat BUF (most overrated/overhyped team of the year by far) but as for the rest, it's hard to find a third win. Maybe if Newton is hurt you can snag one at Foxborough.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    damn you witten

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    damn you witten

Witten hasn't been an effective blocker since the 2016 season ended. Note the lack of long Zeke runs the past few years. And the Garrett Cowboys loved the 2TE, 3TE packages.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    ?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Thread Information