Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    saw this yesterday, embarrassing af

carr was so panicked when that happened... could have easily just taken a shot at the corner route at the top of the screen
    >Carr
    >take a shot (deep)

choose one

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    >Carr
    >take a shot (deep)

choose one
    derp: I'll choose both!

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    >Carr
    >take a shot (deep)

choose one

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Based game today

So happy being able to watch it on CBS lately and not having to pirate the games as well. LA is Raider nation

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Raidahhs for real this year?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Raidahhs for real this year?
    im not buying yet because their defense has still been pretty bad, though they did show signs of life against the Chiefs of all teams... but their Ruggs makes a huge difference for the offense.

the raiders offense for the past couple of years had been technically efficient and good, but they were never explosive. a lot of that fell on Carr for being conservative, but the common excuse was that he simply didnt have the weapons capable of attacking deep. ruggs appears to be lending credence to that theory.

the first 6 games of their season was seen as the real gauntlet... after opening at carolina they played the saints, patriots, bills, chiefs, and bucs. getting out of that stretch no worse than 3-3 is a big win

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    this would be massive (except collins, he hasnt been very good tbh). trent brown finally played his first full game of the season last week, getting incognito back after the bye means we'd have our full starting 5 OL playing together for the first time all season. Edwards is a necessary boundary receiver that we don't really have right now. Surprised Arnette is ready to come back so quickly. Would love to hear about Maurice Hurst though... he was on the COVID list, not injury. Wonder if he'll be able to come back following the bye as well. He's been our best defensive player this year.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    im not buying yet because their defense has still been pretty bad, though they did show signs of life against the Chiefs of all teams... but their Ruggs makes a huge difference for the offense.

the raiders offense for the past couple of years had been technically efficient and good, but they were never explosive. a lot of that fell on Carr for being conservative, but the common excuse was that he simply didnt have the weapons capable of attacking deep. ruggs appears to be lending credence to that theory.

the first 6 games of their season was seen as the real gauntlet... after opening at carolina they played the saints, patriots, bills, chiefs, and bucs. getting out of that stretch no worse than 3-3 is a big win
    Told you, tbh.

i find myself going a bit back and forth between lamb and jeudy. i think jeudy just has a higher floor, and is more likely to produce day 1. its why i've leaned that way

then again GM's dont make decisions based solely on who they think will be a safer rookie, and lamb definitely has the upside to become that #1, go-to receiver who you can count on for a tough catch through contact when chips are down
    Which one is the fastest? Go with that one.
    Sure, Lamb and Jeudy seem pretty good too but you rarely go wrong drafting out of the norm speed, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Told you, tbh.

Sure, Lamb and Jeudy seem pretty good too but you rarely go wrong drafting out of the norm speed, tbh.
    Sorry...I don't buy that. There's tons of college WR with great speed that never make it in the pros. Either because they can't catch or can't run good routes.

We usually only hear about the ones that do make the pros. Because they can actually catch and/or run good routes.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Sorry...I don't buy that. There's tons of college WR with great speed that never make it in the pros. Either because they can't catch or can't run good routes.

We usually only hear about the ones that do make the pros. Because they can actually catch and/or run good routes.
    Make them defensive backs or, worst case scenario, special team players. You can always find a place for game breaking speed, tbh. I'm not talking about regular fast players. I'm talking about special guys like Ruggs or Hill, who make some of the fastest guys in the NFL look slow.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Told you, tbh.

I've watched a lot of Jeudy since I have him on my fantasy team. And everyone has watched a lot of Lamb bc the Cowboys are always on national TV. I'd say Lamb is your typical Oklahoma offense type WR. Fast as , shifty. Was perfect for Dak to throw too, and a perfect compliment to Cooper (possession guy), and Gallup (go route guy).

Jeudy seems like the typical Alabama WR. Possession guy. Pro athlete from a pro style system. Can produce from day 1. But guys like Lamb and Ruggs offer more upside on a given day bc of their ability to break the top off the defense. Jeudy can also, but just not as much as a guy like Ruggs or Lamb. I'd also throw Aiyuk from ASU in there as one of those game breaker type talents.

This is why great offenses need both types. Big possession receivers like Cooper and Jeudy provide security blankets to eat up 10 targets a game on slant routes, while the speed guys are always a threat or just a good decoy. But yeah history is littered with speed guys who never put it all together bc they had the dropsies (Ted Ginn Jr, DHB, Cordarrelle Patterson, etc)

Random aside: Seattle looks scary on offense now btw, with the emergence of DK Metcalf as their Randy Moss lite, and the perfect compliment to speedster Lockett. If Carson can stay healthy, they are favorites to make the NFC championship IMO. And a Seahawks-Chefs SB would be beautiful to watch.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    its pretty clear Gruden was trying to match KC somewhat... he envisions Waller/Ruggs as his version of Kelce/Hill

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    fat Trent Brown put on COVID list, and entire starting OL was sent home due to protocol for having been in close contact with him

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    fat Trent Brown put on COVID list, and entire starting OL was sent home due to protocol for having been in close contact with him

cue the "league always favors Brady" jokes tbh.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    trent brown back on the covid list

he's played 1 game all season. missed 5 games last season too.

incognito's been out since week 2 and isnt coming back this week either. cant believe im saying it but Tom Cable has done a great job keeping this unit afloat

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    trent brown back on the covid list

he's played 1 game all season. missed 5 games last season too.

incognito's been out since week 2 and isnt coming back this week either. cant believe im saying it but Tom Cable has done a great job keeping this unit afloat
    lesson to Gruden: never, ever sign a Patriots former player for big money, unless it's Brady

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    lesson to Gruden: never, ever sign a Patriots former player for big money, unless it's Brady
    chandler jones has worked out for arizona

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    chandler jones has worked out for arizona
    agreed, but he's been injured a little under half the time, and now the first year that they're good with him in an AZ jersey, he gets hurt early in the season and is out for the year. Bad ROI.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    not only is trent brown out, but now LT Kolton Miller is a GTD

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Trent Brown expected out a month.

He has played through 1 game this season

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Trent Brown expected out a month.

He has played through 1 game this season
    Gruden special signing an oft injured right tackle to 18 million a year.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    narrow win... 4-1 on the road now

5-3 overall with a home game against the broncos next week. should be a win. then a home game against the chiefs.

only questions i have right now is player health. will kolton miller be able to play next week? is richie incognito near returning? will damon arnette play? was mullen's injury serious? raiders missing tackles really limited their playcalling options

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    won the games we were supposed to win last few weeks

next week. sunday night at home vs the chiefs.

chiefs coming off a bye... and they'll take this game serious after the raiders upset win earlier this year. raiders have been able to lean on the run game last few weeks. will need to revive the deep ball to pull off the improbable sweep. part of why they havent thrown deep has been not trusting the backup tackles to hold up in pass pro. will have to see who will be active

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    won the games we were supposed to win last few weeks

next week. sunday night at home vs the chiefs.

chiefs coming off a bye... and they'll take this game serious after the raiders upset win earlier this year. raiders have been able to lean on the run game last few weeks. will need to revive the deep ball to pull off the improbable sweep. part of why they havent thrown deep has been not trusting the backup tackles to hold up in pass pro. will have to see who will be active
    yeah the chiefs won't get swept, they haven't been swept by a division rival since 2013, andy reid's first year when they got swept by both the broncos and chargers (but not the terrelle pryor led raiders).

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    yeah the chiefs won't get swept, they haven't been swept by a division rival since 2013, andy reid's first year when they got swept by both the broncos and chargers (but not the terrelle pryor led raiders).
    they probably lose, and by more than a score tbh

dont think its because of some mystical "chiefs dont get swept" curse but rather the chiefs are a better team and they're coming off a bye where Reid is historically great. (side note, this is the 3rd consecutive season the chiefs have a raiders game scheduled coming off their bye)

raiders next 2 games after that will be against the falcons and jets, so a loss to the chiefs wouldnt really be problematic if they can keep winning their "should win" games. the late season games against the colts and dolphins look a lot more crucial now than i would have thought 5-6 weeks ago

Thread Information