Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blowing a big lead in the 4th against a bad team. That's not an impressive win. It's an ugly win.
    for this team any win is an impressive win, especially on the road

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blowing a big lead in the 4th against a bad team. That's not an impressive win. It's an ugly win.
    No one had a scouting report on Zion shooting threes... first game back and all. Now teams have been placed on notice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Long term his defense will always give up more than he provides on offense. I'd get bringing him in for a late game offensive possession or two but playing him 8-9 minutes in the 4th Qtr is just a recipe for disaster. Especially if you aren't willing to send Brent to the g-league where he belongs.
    I don't mind when Marco plays larger, slower SGs or SF, defensively. He has size and typically plays ok. Rebounds well.

His shortcomings come out when he's trying to guard quick SGs, SFs, or really athletic PFs that do a lot of cutting (like he himself does). He just has no lateral speed at all anymore.

If he can guard more stationary shooter SFs, he does ok. The problem is clear though, those types of players are increasingly absent in today's game so his weaknesses are especially glaring.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades TIMVP, it was really good game. Have to give it to Zion for that 3 minute span. Spurs will be in trouble for years to come, because they dont have anyone nearly athletic and strong enough to matchup with him. Guess their always the draft.
    Honestly got nervous when Popovich rolled out the defensive challenged lineup of Belineli +Forbes. Smart move by Popovich to ride the great playmaking of Derrick White..when he is on; the Spurs are a whole different team, and usually successful.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this team needs a starting caliber PF and SG/SF who can defend and shoot the 3
    We already have that SG/SF in Lonnie but we desperately need a 4 because Lyles/this-version-of-Gay/Beli-at-PF is one of the worst PF rotations in the league

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this team needs a starting caliber PF and SG/SF who can defend and shoot the 3

Have a look at the AST column from last night and see if you think they need anything else in the SL.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly thought Poop was going to throw this game just to let them celebrate Zions first NBA win

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly thought Poop was going to throw this game just to let them celebrate Zions first NBA win
    Nah, that's only basketball. Pop throws games to fight hunger and save the planet.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't mind Marco having a bigger role, if two out of Dwhite/Dijon/LWIV are on the floor. The disaster (8 game losing streak) happend when two out of three or sometimes, all three of Mills, Bryn and Marco share the floor in the 4th Quarter. Bryn needs to get Steve Kerr 03 minutes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't mind Marco having a bigger role, if two out of Dwhite/Dijon/LWIV are on the floor. The disaster (8 game losing streak) happend when two out of three or sometimes, all three of Mills, Bryn and Marco share the floor in the 4th Quarter. Bryn needs to get Steve Kerr 03 minutes.
    100% agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop gets a B when dropping back in that dumbass zone is what got Zion going in the first place ?

How does Forbes get anything higher than an F in any game he doesn't make 6 or more 3's. I have NEVER seen an nba player blow as many defense assignments as Forbes.
    At one point he came in and REALLY the bed. A couple of turnovers & missed defensive assignments. He gave up a 3 pointer and Pop called a timeout. Brian tried to explain what he was doing and Pop just walked away from him in disgust and put in Patty. How bad do you have to be when Pop thinks Patty is a better defender than you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bad take ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already have that SG/SF in Lonnie but we desperately need a 4 because Lyles/this-version-of-Gay/Beli-at-PF is one of the worst PF rotations in the league
    you need 2 SGs and 2 SFs. DeRozan, Walker, Mills are the only playable ones. They still need another one regardless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one had a scouting report on Zion shooting threes... first game back and all. Now teams have been placed on notice.
    Exactly. Zion doesn't suddenly hit 4 in a row from deep and the game stays a blowout.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you need 2 SGs and 2 SFs. DeRozan, Walker, Mills are the only playable ones. They still need another one regardless
    You really dont need a 10 deep rotation. Most teams play 8-9 rotations. even the spurs before this year has not played 10-11 deep. they have had the team to do it when someone got hurt they would typically only play 8-9 on a night.

Thread Information