Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop gets a B when dropping back in that dumbass zone is what got Zion going in the first place ?

How does Forbes get anything higher than an F in any game he doesn't make 6 or more 3's. I have NEVER seen an nba player blow as many defense assignments as Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop gets a B when dropping back in that dumbass zone is what got Zion going in the first place ?

How does Forbes get anything higher than an F in any game he doesn't make 6 or more 3's. I have NEVER seen an nba player blow as many defense assignments as Forbes.
    The dude shot like 29% from 3 in college from a much closer line. He was rehabbing from a knee injury as well. The zone was a smart ploy. Who the knew he would go 4-4 from 3 point land tbh

If Dejounte would shoot more than 1 or 2 threes a game then Forbes wouldn't be starting tbh. I blame him as much as Forbes being ty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray has to shoot more 3s, he shoots them well enough and his drives to the rim ain't really that effective anyway. Also the Murray/Lyles fast break tandem is one of the dumbest I have ever seen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

After screwing up assignments he drops his head and claps his hands like “they got me on this one... my bad”. Pops a moron.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude shot like 29% from 3 in college from a much closer line. He was rehabbing from a knee injury as well. The zone was a smart ploy. Who the knew he would go 4-4 from 3 point land tbh

If Dejounte would shoot more than 1 or 2 threes a game then Forbes wouldn't be starting tbh. I blame him as much as Forbes being ty.
    With Pop not playing rookie current is the best lineup else we will constantly be playing 2 or 3 of Forbes/Mills/Belli

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope Pop is showcasing Marco for a trade. Bryn as well, but I am not hopeful there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really liked LaMonster's game last night, that kind of performance/at ude can propel the Spurs up the standings. I like that we are seeing more of Murray and White on the floor at the same time (along with Demar and LMA) if only we can get Lonnie in there too but I guess Pop wants an outside marksmen to balance out the line up. If one of the three youngsters can be that powerful threat from 3 then look out. Hopefully the ghost of Rudy can be resurrected into "Not this Gay" again to be the scoring monster off the bench.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope Pop is showcasing Marco for a trade. Bryn as well, but I am not hopeful there.
    If Philly had anything we could use, that they would part with, I would send Belli back there. What is it that the Spurs need most in the lineup now though? Preseason it was all about not having a SF at least a 3&D one. It might still be but I wouldn't mind a closing line up of LMA, DD, DWhite, Dijon, and Lonnie, so would it really be all about a perfect compliment on the bench, or a three point shooter that isn't a defensive liability like Verde used to be?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gentry letting Ingram shoot them out of the game. Otherwise it was on it's way to another classic Pop finish.

Starts Bryn Forms again. B.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “The good: Bryn Forbes produced offensively. I didn’t always love his shot-selection but he made enough shots to shut up any complaints. The bad: Forbes’ defense wasn’t good — at all. The Pelicans were picking on him constantly and the Spurs found it difficult to mask his shortcomings.

This is pretty contradicting, he made enough shots to shut up any complaints? But his defense was atrocious, continuously beat off the dribble. Also his inability to do absolutely nothing besides make four baskets a game. He made eight threes last game and still almost managed to lose the game. He can make all the shots in the world but it’s completely negated by his piss poor defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Philly had anything we could use, that they would part with, I would send Belli back there. What is it that the Spurs need most in the lineup now though? Preseason it was all about not having a SF at least a 3&D one. It might still be but I wouldn't mind a closing line up of LMA, DD, DWhite, Dijon, and Lonnie, so would it really be all about a perfect compliment on the bench, or a three point shooter that isn't a defensive liability like Verde used to be?
    this team needs a starting caliber PF and SG/SF who can defend and shoot the 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You zone against players that aren't known for shooting. Zion isn't.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this team needs a starting caliber PF and SG/SF who can defend and shoot the 3
    Honestly, the 4 doesn't even have to be starter quality: just better than what Rudy Gay has been this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The Spurs inexplicably failed to adjust and guard him from outside or force him to give up the ball."

Yes that's
    inexplicable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timpv. I have no complaints on the game. Pop gambled on Zion to miss those shots, it was just pure luck. Other than that, Spurs played a very good game especially Aldridge. I want to see more 4 guards and a center line up. I think Pop has been salivating for that in awhile. It is working, except sometimes it's stuck in Demar affecting the smooth passing. But I think he's trying, and occasionally Spurs need him to pick his defenders. Not many can stop him. White has been a beast and just doing so many things offensively and defensively. That's the Derek we saw last year at the playoffs. I hope it continuous. I think Spurs have turned the corner, and hopefully, Pop settles with his line-up and starts fine tuning. Here's looking for Spurs to catch up with OKC and hopefully we get to 6th seed or better.
    Last edited by John B; 01-23-2020 at 01:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's ing stupid that Pop views Marco as some kind of closer. He regularly uses Lonnie more in the 1st half and Marco in the 2nd half. Its especially stupid since the Spurs have held leads in most recent games and having him out there ultimately leads to him and Brent sharing the court in crucial moments. Just trade one of them already. Preferably both.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's ing stupid that Pop views Marco as some kind of closer. He regularly uses Lonnie more in the 1st half and Marco in the 2nd half. Its especially stupid since the Spurs have held leads in most recent games and having him out there ultimately leads to him and Brent sharing the court in crucial moments. Just trade one of them already. Preferably both.
    I get that from a defensive standpoint, but Beli isn’t afraid to take and make big shots, so I can see why they have him in on offense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why was it smart when Zion was doing a bunch of nothing before you went to the zone? Why not just continue to play him straight up and double him when he went to the basket like the spurs were successfully doing earlier...

That whole sequence is pretty much pop in a nuts this year and why i can't wait for him to retire...i know we have been having success doing this one thing but let us inexplicably stop doing it and do something else for absolutely no reason...

Exactly what basketball action did zion or the pelicans as a team do that made pop say you know what we need to go to a zone here...cause from what i remember it was pretty much the spurs up by 8 to 14 until pop brought out the zone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop gambled on Zion to miss those shots, it was just pure luck.
    To the contrary, Zion had been working hard on his treys during his rehab. He's way better then before.
    I'm not suggesting Popped could have known he was going 4-4 on treys. But it is and will be part of Zions arsenal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that from a defensive standpoint, but Beli isn’t afraid to take and make big shots, so I can see why they have him in on offense.
    Long term his defense will always give up more than he provides on offense. I'd get bringing him in for a late game offensive possession or two but playing him 8-9 minutes in the 4th Qtr is just a recipe for disaster. Especially if you aren't willing to send Brent to the g-league where he belongs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blowing a big lead in the 4th against a bad team. That's not an impressive win. It's an ugly win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blowing a big lead in the 4th against a bad team. That's not an impressive win. It's an ugly win.
    It's an impressive win because NO was 14-6 in their last 20, and we beat them in their building.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are 2-1 in the 3 games I've watched this season.

Meatloaf, what are your thoughts on the matter??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really liked that bench unit of Poeltl, Gay, White, Lonnie, Mills when it was out there.

Two deadly 3 and D slashers (white/Lonnie) and one 3 point sniper (Mills) a great shot blocker (Poetle) and an ISO scorer (Gay) for when things break down.

Hope to see more of this!

Thread Information