My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/jakob-poel...antonio-spurs/

The Gist: unlikely but he'll try.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually haven't seen him take a legit jumper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fck are you smoking? I didnt even read that sht.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    waste of time for a dumb story tbh...

talk about how good spurs are doing and what we need to do to improve instead noob

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's becoming an outstanding rim protector vs penetrations and a pretty good finisher around the rim. He's a good offensive rebounder as well. I'd like to see him improving his post game both offensive and defensively and could he stop 1on1 all-star (future allstar) players in his position?

Poetl becomes a starter the moment he can really hinder Embiid, Davis, Towns, Jackson Jr, Ayton, etc the way Aldridge does. They will end up with 20pts because that's what they do on a regular basis but how many shots will they need, how many mistakes, how much the opp offense is disrupted because of good defense without fouling too much? I believe Jakob could do that and it'd be great help for our team even as a starter, for not too much money probably. No need to force him to become a shooter as long as he defends, rebounds and finishes close to the rim.

The "other Luka" is coming. I hope he becomes the fantastic offensive player I think he is and our future starting 4.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The very first thing he needs to improve is his defensive rebounding then FT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just want him to take advantage of people in the post. a 3pt shot. Bully lil niccas on the block an I'm good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The very first thing he needs to improve is his defensive rebounding then FT.
    His defensive rebounding is actually much improved, his free-throw shooting still isn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how about becoming a free throw shooter first?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s got a better jumper than our starting point guard tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he has no jump shot ... only the push shot / papa shot ... that will not translate to the 3 point line

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not necessarily the first thing that comes to mind thinking about Jak... neither the second... nor third...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is an iso player. For him to slip out to the 3P line is a natural. Poeltl is setting picks and rolling to the basket. If he could set a pick and then drop out to the arc it would work (if he could make them).

I would rather see Poetl develop more chemistry and timing with the guards on the PnR. There's still no better shot than layups/dunks. But if he could add the long ball to his tool kit, it would obviously be good. I would be shocked if it happened. But I guess if you're going to dream, dream big. I'd like him to shoot about 60% from deep, please.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Poeltl does not need a 3P - shot. A solid short range shot and free throws would be enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean i give an A for originality

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's the next article? Can the Spurs develop Bryn Forbes into a lockdown defender?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's the next article? Can the Spurs develop Bryn Forbes into a lockdown defender?
    hmm...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty interesting why people don't think Poeltl can when Valanciunas and Dedmon both were non shooters who have worked themselves into good 3-point shooters.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl should not have been a lottery pick, with his limited range. He does not deserve a starting spot (at least on the spurs) with his limited range. He does not deserve a large contract with his limited range. If he wants a bigger role, bigger contract-he has to commit himself to shooting at least the midrange shot over the summer; then we can talk about 3pt shooting. If he is smart he gets on himself for a 1 plus 1 player option contract and works his butt off in the off season. Baby steps first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enormous practice time can make anyone a better shooter. Most players won't do the work to practice. I think Ice use to take hundreds of shots at every practice. The reason Chip Engelund is effective is that he gets a player to work on his shots while adjusting bad habits. You will notice that Murray's jumper no longer comes off his hands with a horizontal spin that he had when he first came into the league. And that was partly because of his habit of jumping sideways on his jumper. He has made some real strides in his shooting techniques and that comes with lots of practice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should’ve left this in left field.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Jakob Poeltl learn the hook shot? Can Jakob Poeltl learn the bank shot? Can Jakob Poeltl learn a post move? These are all questions that should've been asked prior to him adding a 3-point shot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just need to get stronger so that he can get those rebounds, He also needs to develop a decent perimeter shot

Thread Information