Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In nba history

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since I followed them on TV, around the year 2001, maybe Bogans is worse. , even Mason was a better starter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keith “The Centerpiece” Bogans tbqh.
    Bogans only used to play the beginning of halves though. He'd play like 6-7 mins in the 1st and 3rd Qtrs, for a total of ~15 mpg.

G-league Brent is third on the team in mpg and closes pretty much every game. Poop really does think he's Curry lite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would argue that he is the worst ever NBA starter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are at least 2 or 3 games where Bryn shooting won us the game or at least kept us in. ...
    You're brain damaged.

You really believe that? Specify one of those alleged games and let's take a look at it.

Lyles “excellent” rebounding has never done that. ...
    You are full of chicken feathers. You're one of those simple minded goobers who only looks at points scored in the boxscore and thinks that's how the game was won.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty obvious. More obvious is the he doesn’t have to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just off the top of my head

Vinny

Carl Herrera
    Ngele Knight
    Chris Whitney
    Greg Anderson
    Lloyd Daniels

Pinche Puro Noobs up in here.
    Except for Vinny, I think all these other guys were spot starters and teams that sucked. Lloyd did suck but he had a good backstory and many thought he might wind up being good. Hate Vinny on this list because he’s he wasn’t great but the guy was automatic with his jumpers. Also had a liiiittle bit grit in him.

For a Spurs team that seems to obviously be a Bryn Forbes injury away from being a descent squad... Bryn is far and away the worst due to his “essential player” status.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keith Bogans and it’s not close. I’m sick of Forbes too but Bogans is gonna be near impossible to top

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keith Bogans and it’s not close. I’m sick of Forbes too but Bogans is gonna be near impossible to top
    Bogans played only one year for the Spurs, in 79 games, and less than 20 minutes per game.

Forbes has been around for four stinkin' years, and for the last two he's been playing well over 20 minutes per game.

For trivia nuts: during his time with the Spurs, Bogans had a FG% of 40.3. Forbes' current FG%? - 40.3.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball-Reference
    For combined seasons; played in the NBA/BAA; in the regular season; from 1946-47 to 2019-20; playing for the San Antonio Spurs (Tex/Dal); requiring Games Started >= 82; sorted by ascending Win Shares Per 48 Minutes

1) 0.62 Bryn Forbes
    2) 0.63 Greg Anderson
    3) 0.71 Johnny Dawkins
    4) 0.77 Dejounte Murray
    5) 0.78 Walter Berry

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball-Reference
    For combined seasons; played in the NBA/BAA; in the regular season; from 1946-47 to 2019-20; playing for the San Antonio Spurs (Tex/Dal); requiring Games Started >= 82; sorted by ascending Win Shares Per 48 Minutes

1) 0.62 Bryn Forbes
    2) 0.63 Greg Anderson
    3) 0.71 Johnny Dawkins
    4) 0.77 Dejounte Murray
    5) 0.78 Walter Berry
    damn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the money Murray is a problem.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bogans played only one year for the Spurs, in 79 games, and less than 20 minutes per game.

Forbes has been around for four stinkin' years, and for the last two he's been playing well over 20 minutes per game.

For trivia nuts: during his time with the Spurs, Bogans had a FG% of 40.3. Forbes' current FG%? - 40.3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Antonio Daniels comes to mind. (A teenage rookie took Daniels' starting job pretty quickly.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zarko Paspalj had more fight than this

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sick to my stomach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it's easily Forbes. At least some of the other trash players we started had one or two useful traits. Forbes is a "floor spacer" that can't even shoot 40% from deep and plays some of the worst defense in league history. His only reason for playing and he is barely average at it he is 100% ing worthless and a massive negative every second he's out there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes he is. Need to trade him now while other teams still value him and let White start. Or use him to try and trade up to get Haliburton. Really wish the spurs could bring him in. He has all of the tools. Same size as Murray but can pass and shoot and his defensive numbers are better than Murray’s in college.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Belli, warts and all. I’m aware of his defensive flaws. But the man has proven himself throughout his NBA. He’s got no fear and can be cold blooded sometimes with big shots. Not as often these day I know I know.

To me, Belli is still a serviceable bench option. Not major minutes, but spot minutes against certain opponents. But it’s not his fault he’s out there with Mills and Forbes all the time where you cannot cover up some of his flaws.

With that said, I cannot stand Forbes. He has done nothing significant...ever. He’s short, slow, unathletic, can’t defend, can’t rebound, can’t live up to his practice shooting reputation, etc etc. He is a 12th man at best. He does not deserve the playing time he gets from Pop. WTF is Pop thinking running this dude out there game after game for so many minutes. It is an extremely fireable offense for any other coach. Pop shouldn’t be fired because of everything he means to the city/franchise, but dammit that does not make his decisions with Forbes excusable! Forbes playing so many minutes makes Belli pretty much unplayable on this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball reference shows another Spur-- Devin Brown-- as one of the closest comparisons in terms of similar Win Shares. But Brown-- not a starter-- could be hidden/useful with guys like Duncan and Ginobili. Pairing Forbes with a pseudo star like DeRozan is a worst case scenario. They're both poor defenders, and DeRozan's complete lack of three point shooting gives the opposing defense one less thing to worry about. It's mind-boggling how Pop has gone from a Defense First coach to a guy who has no issues with putting three terrible defenders on the floor together at the same time. I just don't understand it.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...forbebr01.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is still on his rookie deal. So no not yet. Players that miss an entire season due to injury usually don't come back to 100% the first season back. I'll wait to reserve judgment until this time next season

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball reference shows another Spur-- Devin Brown-- as one of the closest comparisons in terms of similar Win Shares. But Brown-- not a starter-- could be hidden/useful with guys like Duncan and Ginobili. Pairing Forbes with a pseudo star like DeRozan is a worst case scenario. They're both poor defenders, and DeRozan's complete lack of three point shooting gives the opposing defense one less thing to worry about. It's mind-boggling how Pop has gone from a Defense First coach to a guy who has no issues with putting three terrible defenders on the floor together at the same time. I just don't understand it.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...forbebr01.html
    How about lonnie Walker's win share? Marco win share? Gay win share? Bryn Forbes has one job to hit threes at a 40 percent rate. If it falls below that at the end of the year, then yes, he should be scaled back.

Until Lonnie can consistently outplay him, marco or mills.on a regular basis then the point is moot. Lonnie has had his chances to earn the spot, hes just really a worse energy guy than blair who somehow has earned the love of spurs fans. Hes a high usage player who cant make fts, is one of the spurs lowest 2% fg perimeter players (which is supposedly his strength) and again just a dumb player who cant move without the ball or be in position off ball defensively. Its laughable because spurstalk said IG baller would be the man this year. Same overrated overhyped by fans who cherish dunks over actual skilled, intelligent play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most coaches would have been fired if they continued to trot out Forbes as a starter and getting major rotational minutes....just saying.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    How about lonnie Walker's win share? Marco win share? Gay win share? Bryn Forbes has one job to hit threes at a 40 percent rate. If it falls below that at the end of the year, then yes, he should be scaled back.

Until Lonnie can consistently outplay him, marco or mills.on a regular basis then the point is moot. Lonnie has had his chances to earn the spot, hes just really a worse energy guy than blair who somehow has earned the love of spurs fans. Hes a high usage player who cant make fts, is one of the spurs lowest 2% fg perimeter players (which is supposedly his strength) and again just a dumb player who cant move without the ball or be in position off ball defensively. Its laughable because spurstalk said IG baller would be the man this year. Same overrated overhyped by fans who cherish dunks over actual skilled, intelligent play.
    its laughable how little you know about basketball. lmao stupid old fart. go knit something

and by the way - forbes is shooting 36% from deep if you havent noticed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And easily most hated
    That part seems true.

Thread Information