Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    "bad" three point shooting "instagram baller" only shooting 2% worse from deep than our "floor spacer"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That part seems true.
    Well to be fair as a Spurs fan it's very hard to stomach watching Forbes being used as an advantage for the opposing team. Tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sick to my stomach
    wow, how can one player give up 36 Points!!!!! Yeah right 36!!! In a game the team lost by 4. He gave up 33 on defense and the travel cost us another 3. Flopovich, worst coach of the league. Don't debate me. I'd rather have Jim Boylen

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem isn't only that he starts, but he starts AND plays a ton of minutes. He has not wavered from dumping minutes on Forbes all year. It is absolutely mind boggling. If there is one thing popovich is absolutely certain about this season, it is that Forbes is the most important player on this team outside of LMA and DeRozan. What a ing dip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many of you pop suckers are going to meet your favorite spur at Wingstop today?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even games Forbes has his "Baby Curry" games the team is often at only even or net negative because his defense is so bad, tbh. Using him anything other than spot minutes just shows how bad a coach Gregg is, tbh.
    Yes i agree 100%. But i could say the same thing using Lyles but its worse.

Even games Lyles has his “Baby Rodman” games the team is often even or net negative because his defense & offense is so bad, tbh. Using him anytime other than spot minutes just shows how bad a coach Gregg is, tbh.

The difference though is Lyles has never had a “baby Rodman” game.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes i agree 100%. But i could say the same thing using Lyles but its worse.

Even games Lyles has his “Baby Rodman” games the team is often even or net negative because his defense & offense is so bad, tbh. Using him anytime other than spot minutes just shows how bad a coach Gregg is, tbh.

The difference though is Lyles has never had a “baby Rodman” game.
    Lyles has started 34 games. I didn't realize it was so damn high 'til I just looked. Geez, Gregg is an f'ing bad coach. I had him pegged as an 11th man at best preseason and only a miniscule percent of compensation for the loss of Bertans/Morris. At least, he's playing 8 mpg less than Forbes though. I haven't really examined Lyles so much because I thought he was getting less play. I just don't think it gets worse than Forbes though. He's an everyday man that has no business trying to contain world class athletes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes he is. Need to trade him now while other teams still value him and let White start. Or use him to try and trade up to get Haliburton. Really wish the spurs could bring him in. He has all of the tools. Same size as Murray but can pass and shoot and his defensive numbers are better than Murray’s in college.
    I don't think other teams ever really valued him. His archetype is generally a journeymen backup, not a core building block.

The arrogance, stubbornness and desperation of this organization has led them to believe they could help turn him into the latter simply because he was under their watchful eye.

The reality is, there's no subs ute for talent and he just doesn't possess nearly enough of it when it comes to virtually anything having to do with easily the most important part of his position: half court offense.

Now that White is presumably healthy again, he's easily better and is often playing more and closing, so why shouldn't his agent be looking for a bigger contract and why should this organization tie up something like $35 million annually in two non stars, who play an over saturated position?

They might be stuck with Murray, but either way, they shouldn't hesitate to pick a point/combo in the lottery.

"bad" three point shooting "instagram baller" only shooting 2% worse from deep than our "floor spacer"

Sure, but to be fair, the discrepancy in volume and degree of difficulty plays a significant role in that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is still on his rookie deal. So no not yet. Players that miss an entire season due to injury usually don't come back to 100% the first season back. I'll wait to reserve judgment until this time next season
    This 100X.

Bonner and Forbes are neck and neck for worst starters in Spurs history, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think other teams ever really valued him. His archetype is generally a journeymen backup, not a core building block.

The arrogance, stubbornness and desperation of this organization has led them to believe they could help turn him into the latter simply because he was under their watchful eye.

The reality is, there's no subs ute for talent and he just doesn't possess nearly enough of it when it comes to virtually anything having to do with easily the most important part of his position: half court offense.

Now that White is presumably healthy again, he's easily better and is often playing more and closing, so why shouldn't his agent be looking for a bigger contract and why should this organization tie up something like $35 million annually in two non stars, who play an over saturated position?

They might be stuck with Murray, but either way, they shouldn't hesitate to pick a point/combo in the lottery.

Sure, but to be fair, the discrepancy in volume and degree of difficulty plays a significant role in that.
    good take. But there’s always some poorly run team that would love to get him.

Some were wondering why he signed that contract when he’s could easily get paid more. Maybe it’s cuz he and his agent know exactly what he is and they took advantage of the FO. Pretty funny how some thought it was the other way around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is still on his rookie deal. So no not yet. Players that miss an entire season due to injury usually don't come back to 100% the first season back. I'll wait to reserve judgment until this time next season
    Exactly. I want Murray to be better right now too, but coming back from an acl tear usually takes until the 2nd year to get all the explosion back. One guy that comes to mind is Russell Westbrook. You could just tell when he first came back, it was there but not all they way there and it effected his overall play.

But I also think him struggling like he has this season is a real wake up call for him to really work on his game this off season, not just instagram work on his game. Hopefully it will humble him a little bit. So I’ll give him another year before final throwing him under the bus.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching that video is so infuriating. I'm going through the same that got me so fustrated yesterday. Its all there. Not surprised Bryn hasn't fouled out. Many of those plays he literally gives up letting his man go, leaving for his teammates. The hard working Bryn is gone. Coaching staff need to be on this . You can't ignore this .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For starters at least Bonner would rebound and play passable defense. I would absolutely love to know what he teammates think about him getting that many minutes. Especially if it's so evident to the fans. Total hipocracy from pop who would have railed someone like Danny green for playing defense.

Seriously... What do you think white and walker think of this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching that video is so infuriating. I'm going through the same that got me so fustrated yesterday. Its all there. Not surprised Bryn hasn't fouled out. Many of those plays he literally gives up letting his man go, leaving for his teammates. The hard working Bryn is gone. Coaching staff need to be on this . You can't ignore this .
    Very true. You see how much he pouts when he gets taken out of games. He ain't never getting himself in foul trouble trying to play defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no mention of Ayres??

forbes is seriously upsetting though. far beyond any player i can remember. i just loathe everything about him, even when he makes shots it makes me more upset

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner and Forbes are neck and neck for worst starters in Spurs history, tbh.

What are some of you people smoking?

Bonner started a significant number of games only one season, 2008-9. He played fewer minutes per game that season than Forbes is now.

Bonner had a FG% that year of 49.6, a 2pt% of 55.2, and a 3pt % of 44.0. Compare to Forbes' current 40.3, 46.8, and 36.7.

Bonner shot .457 from 3pt range in 2010-11, btw. League leader that year.

Bonner was no great defender, but he did have some height and mass, so he wasn't just a traffic cone all the time like Forbes. As a starter that year Bonner was vastly better than Forbes is. Forbes is nowhere close.

The knock against Bonner was in how Pop held on to him long after he was a useful player. It turned out to be about four seasons too long. Forbes is far more harmful as a starter than Bonner was while sitting on the bench for several seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no mention of Ayres??

Not worth mentioning. He was here for two seasons, played 13.5 minutes per game the first season, and 7.5 mpg the 2nd season. Like trying to complain about Carroll versus Forbes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be Honest it’s not the players you should hate it’s the coach who puts them in situations which make them sucks pisses me off. I remember Poop would always player Bonner at Center a lot guarding Shaq etc. or play him against really athletic players and off course he got destroyed and off course Poop kept him on the team 3 years to long but that’s not Bonner fault. The same for FORBES he should be getting 7 to 10 minutes a game max he should be your 13th to 15th spot player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has ALWAYS had at least one absolute scrub that he gives heavy minutes to and you just end up scratching your head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are some of you people smoking?

Bonner started a significant number of games only one season, 2008-9. He played fewer minutes per game that season than Forbes is now.

Bonner had a FG% that year of 49.6, a 2pt% of 55.2, and a 3pt % of 44.0. Compare to Forbes' current 40.3, 46.8, and 36.7.

Bonner shot .457 from 3pt range in 2010-11, btw. League leader that year.

Bonner was no great defender, but he did have some height and mass, so he wasn't just a traffic cone all the time like Forbes. As a starter that year Bonner was vastly better than Forbes is. Forbes is nowhere close.

The knock against Bonner was in how Pop held on to him long after he was a useful player. It turned out to be about four seasons too long. Forbes is far more harmful as a starter than Bonner was while sitting on the bench for several seasons.
    This is completely correct. How times have changed...We used to think Bonner was bad (and the situation with him indeed was), but could we ever conceive of someone this awful ever having the leash Forbes does? I wish we had a Bonner problem over the Brent Formes problem we have now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be Honest it’s not the players you should hate it’s the coach who puts them in situations which make them sucks pisses me off. I remember Poop would always player Bonner at Center a lot guarding Shaq etc. or play him against really athletic players and off course he got destroyed and off course Poop kept him on the team 3 years to long but that’s not Bonner fault. The same for FORBES he should be getting 7 to 10 minutes a game max he should be your 13th to 15th spot player.
    He doesn't even belong in the NBA let alone deserve 7-10 mpg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is completely correct. How times have changed...We used to think Bonner was bad (and the situation with him indeed was), but could we ever conceive of someone this awful ever having the leash Forbes does? I wish we had a Bonner problem over the Brent Formes problem we have now.

Yeah, gosh, who would have thought at the time we'd ever look at the Bonner situation as "the good old days."

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not worth mentioning. He was here for two seasons, played 13.5 minutes per game the first season, and 7.5 mpg the 2nd season. Like trying to complain about Carroll versus Forbes.
    Ayres wasn't a consistent starter. And relative to the options in starts, I like Ayres and not Forbes. Sitting IV for Forbes is just blatant.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has ALWAYS had at least one absolute scrub that he gives heavy minutes to and you just end up scratching your head.
    True, but the amount of minutes Forbes gets is even worse than usual.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except for Vinny, I think all these other guys were spot starters and teams that sucked. Lloyd did suck but he had a good backstory and many thought he might wind up being good. Hate Vinny on this list because he’s he wasn’t great but the guy was automatic with his jumpers. Also had a liiiittle bit grit in him.

For a Spurs team that seems to obviously be a Bryn Forbes injury away from being a descent squad... Bryn is far and away the worst due to his “essential player” status.
    Toe on the Line Vinny lost us so many games because he had no 3 ball. We got wrecked consistently by the Jazz because he didn't have Hornacek's range and he couldn't even pretend to be a capable defender. Vinny was awful.

Edit: Are you implying this team doesn't suck. This is the most gutless, heartless, soft, made team I've seen since the Bonner/Blair/Neal lineup that led us to an upset in the first round against Memphis.

Saw you think Vinny had grit too. Man, you and I were watching two different players.
    Last edited by Ninja Roach; 01-25-2020 at 11:00 PM.

Thread Information