Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. I want Murray to be better right now too, but coming back from an acl tear usually takes until the 2nd year to get all the explosion back. One guy that comes to mind is Russell Westbrook. You could just tell when he first came back, it was there but not all they way there and it effected his overall play.

But I also think him struggling like he has this season is a real wake up call for him to really work on his game this off season, not just instagram work on his game. Hopefully it will humble him a little bit. So I’ll give him another year before final throwing him under the bus.
    Murray's lack of explosion isn't the problem, it's his lack of court sense and pretty much everything else that makes an effective starting point guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keith Bogans and it’s not close. I’m sick of Forbes too but Bogans is gonna be near impossible to top
    I hated Bogans but his defense alone makes him better. Look at the advanced stats. You're right that it's not even close but not in Forbes favor. Bogans at least had a positive VORP and BPM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who answered anyone but Forbes in this thread really has no idea how awful Forbes has been this season. Right now Pop is giving a player that is incredibly below average the 3rd most minutes and at this time it's killing this team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think even Vinny Del Negro brought more to the table...
    Vinny brought 10 times more to the table.
    If we are talking about worst starter when there were no major injuries then I’d have to say Bogans by a mile. The guy was so useless that we were practically playing with 4 players. Forbes would be a distant second.

If we include emergency starting lineups due to major injuries, we have to consider the likes of Corey Alexander, Charles “Spider” Smith, Felton Spencer, James Anderson and Cherokee Parks.
    Last edited by DRob_50; 01-25-2020 at 11:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toe on the Line Vinny lost us so many games because he had no 3 ball. We got wrecked consistently by the Jazz because he didn't have Hornacek's range and he couldn't even pretend to be a capable defender. Vinny was awful.

Edit: Are you implying this team doesn't suck. This is the most gutless, heartless, soft, made team I've seen since the Bonner/Blair/Neal lineup that led us to an upset in the first round against Memphis.

Saw you think Vinny had grit too. Man, you and I were watching two different players.
    tbh Vinny got all the ladies. Guy was a chick magnet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toe on the Line Vinny lost us so many games because he had no 3 ball. We got wrecked consistently by the Jazz because he didn't have Hornacek's range and he couldn't even pretend to be a capable defender. Vinny was awful.

Edit: Are you implying this team doesn't suck. This is the most gutless, heartless, soft, made team I've seen since the Bonner/Blair/Neal lineup that led us to an upset in the first round against Memphis.

Saw you think Vinny had grit too. Man, you and I were watching two different players.
    Well... the Vinny years were pitiful just as much as any year without DRob or TD. Outside of those years the spurs sucked like any other ty team without real hope. Having said that each season is relative in the grand scheme of things.

This years team you gotta admit was pretty good as last years in the PO's was. Same team this year except Pop being stupid. Yes we aren't going to ring this year but there's hope to make some noise IFF Pop can get his head out of his ass.

BTW we got wrecked by the Jazz cuz Drob never really had it. He could never win his individual match up.

I was about 13 back then so I call this dispute a draw or "Incomplete"! Cheers guy!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who answered anyone but Forbes in this thread really has no idea how awful Forbes has been this season. Right now Pop is giving a player that is incredibly below average the 3rd most minutes and at this time it's killing this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting Lyles over Poeltl pisses me off more tbh.. I read he was the 4th rated defensive big a couple weeks back, and I thought Pop valued that. But Lyles continues to eat up minutes while not being very good at anything. Even Ayers had a signature clap move

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting Lyles over Poeltl pisses me off more tbh.. I read he was the 4th rated defensive big a couple weeks back, and I thought Pop valued that. But Lyles continues to eat up minutes while not being very good at anything. Even Ayers had a signature clap move

I don't get why people keep lying about Lyles. Just because he's a Spur, I guess, and it's a Spurstalk tradition to lie about Spurs players.

He is an outstanding rebounder. Yes, in fact, Lyles is good at something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why people keep lying about Lyles. Just because he's a Spur, I guess, and it's a Spurstalk tradition to lie about Spurs players.

He is an outstanding rebounder. Yes, in fact, Lyles is good at something.
    I'll give him that.. he gets rebounds.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good take. But there’s always some poorly run team that would love to get him.

Some were wondering why he signed that contract when he’s could easily get paid more. Maybe it’s cuz he and his agent know exactly what he is and they took advantage of the FO. Pretty funny how some thought it was the other way around.
    I'm not saying that he's unmovable, just that they probably wouldn't get anything worth their while.

The Journey Is The Reward rudwick's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think all our starters should play less and our backups more.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn got posted up twice by kyle Lowrey . Both were easy scores where Forms was just overwhelmed. Let that sink in Kyle Lowrey whos an inch taller.. Pop complained to refs that's it's unfair. Haha it so comical. Saw him do the same when Booker abused Bryn in the post. He also, Looked to the refs for a bailout.

For Pop, sun shines out of Bryns ass. Thats all I got to say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no he is not... and it's not even close

Thread Information