Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They receive a lot of flak and while mostly deserved (particularly in the latter's case), to be fair, this organization has set them up to fail. They're saddled with . . .

- A starting "PG" who can't shoot or make plays
    - A starting "SG" who's a physical/defensive liability, that can't make plays or shoot 3s well enough to somewhat offset his deficiencies
    - A starting "PF" who's a physical/defensive liability (not in stature, but athletically), that doesn't excel at anything offensively

These archetypes are generally backend/fringe rotation players and journeymen. They have no business playing against front line talent. They collectively don't excel on either side of the ball. The only role players who aren't glaring liabilities on at least one side, are White, Walker, Poeltl and maybe Gay.

Only Mills and Poeltl have strong metrics and the latter can only play 12-15 minutes most games due to the poorly constructed roster.

They only sizable wings, who can somewhat fill the vital 3 and D role, have both lost a step and one has inexplicably been banished, leading to micro ball being leaned on heavily, particularly in closing lineups.

Some of this is DeRozan's fault. Since he can't/won't shoot 3s and can't defend, he's about the most difficult prominent player in the league to build a roster around, but still.

Their reputations have taken a hit in large part because this organization refuses to either re-build or commit to them as a core and put sensible pieces around them. They're basically wasting their time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both cane be true. I agree with your points that the FO has not set DDR and LMA up for success. I’m also not a fan of DDR or LMA.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yap said this earlier in the season . It's pointles blaming Demar and LA when you look at the teammates that start along side of them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only legitimate issue is defense. Bryn and Trey should be benched.
    The fit just doesn't work and pop is trying to make lemons out of lemonade, with the lemons he chose to take. Defense is the reason leads are blown and games are lost. (Hi Bryn and Marco).

Defense. Defense. Defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no roleplayers u can surround DeMar and LMA with that would win us a ring... They need to be traded

Thread Information