San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *drumroll* (with min. 50 min played)

Mills
    White
    Lonnie
    Gay
    Poodle

With 84 minutes clocked so far, this line up is +31. The next best line up is +7 (Mills, Demar, Gay, Poodle, LMA).

https://stats.nba.com/lineups/advanc...9&CF=MIN*GE*50

Give me one reason we shouldn’t blow it up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone tell Davis he is not need on the LAL..

.L. James, .D. Howard, .R. Rondo, .A. Caruso, .K. Kuzma is there best line up according to this...

Yawn we must be bored tonight

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mills
    White
    Lonnie
    Gay
    Poodle

With 84 minutes clocked so far, this line up is +31. The next best line up is +7 (Mills, Demar, Gay, Poodle, LMA).

https://stats.nba.com/lineups/advanc...9&CF=MIN*GE*50

Give me one reason we shouldn’t blow it up.
    How about giving Lonnie a real chance before going that route?

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stats like that gonna happen when your coach starts bench players and benches starters

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stats like that gonna happen when your coach starts bench players and benches starters
    Or when the sample size is just 81 minutes. Usually there's a little used line-up that's the leader.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Gay in both lineups. Stats sure can be misleading

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how about playing White/Murray/Walker/DeRozan/Aldridge more than 30 seconds?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how about playing White/Murray/Walker/DeRozan/Aldridge more than 30 seconds?
    Might happen if Murray ever learned to pass or run an offense.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is a great defender / rebounder / penetrator. Put him with four scorers / shooters. No need to overthink this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if that is the spurs best lineup..then wtf they give IG got the extension

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is a great defender / rebounder / penetrator. Put him with four scorers / shooters. No need to overthink this.
    Murray is a great rebounder, good one-on-one defender, good team defender but gambles and gets lost sometimes. His penetration would be a lot more valuable if he'd make a good pass or the right decision once he has penetrated. Hopefully, with time this will be true. The Spurs have invested in him, but the elephant in the room is his backup (White) is better and as White gets healthier it become more and more obvious. Of course, White is older too, so take it all with a grain of salt.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mills
    White
    Lonnie
    Gay
    Poodle

It's a shame we can't see that as a starting lineup, against other teams' starters, to see whether that less-than-2-minute-per-game lineup is really the Spurs' best.

Of all the reasons someone might give for blowing it up, that isn't one. Personally, I was for a 1-year tank, and not blowing it up anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all Murray has to do is shoot more 3s. He's more Danny Green than Tony Parker. White and DeRozan run the offense

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is a great rebounder, good one-on-one defender, good team defender but gambles and gets lost sometimes. His penetration would be a lot more valuable if he'd make a good pass or the right decision once he has penetrated. Hopefully, with time this will be true. The Spurs have invested in him, but the elephant in the room is his backup (White) is better and as White gets healthier it become more and more obvious. Of course, White is older too, so take it all with a grain of salt.
    At times, White's skill set shines more; but he's not consistent. White needs time to establish what kind of player he'll be in this league. Honestly, he seems like an upper middle class man's George Hill. I think people need to temper their expectations. Sure, he might drop a 30 in a playoff game, but it evens out.

A guy like DJ has length that helps him to create plays on days that he's not in a groove. He's a prototypical young starter. While there are days his shot is not going and he looks disengaged, I feel like he does all the intangibles to get him through such times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Continually see one of White, Lonnie and DJ seemingly always having to have one of the midgets on the floor. Seriously lessens their impact.
    Example. DJ and Bryn Bryn out, White and Mills in. White and Mills out, IV and Bryn Bryn in.

2. Have we seen White, Lonnie and DJ at the same time EVER this year? (Without a midget.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray still dribbles the ball too high to protect it when driving into the lane. He runs into trouble when help comes.

Thread Information