Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    League wide jersey retirement especially two separate numbers () is a no from me

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not trying to defend making fun of Fisher’s daughter (albeit I’ve done so myself ), but I think the Utah fans only stooped to that level because Fisher used his daughter’s eye disease as an excuse to get out of his Utah contract and be closer to the doctor he wanted to take her to in NY and they took his word for it only for him to sign with LA.

He’s just as if not a bigger POS for using his daughter’s illness as a tool to get out of a contract.
    He later on did a similar thing to the Mavs, said he needed to "spend more time with his family" and proceeded to sign with the Thunder Fisher is probably the biggest piece of I've witnessed in the NBA tbh, we gave/give Kobe a lot of but he had nothing on that snidey bas imho. lol at banging matt barnes' gf. just an overall trash human being

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    & if he didn't go we'd a never beat Boston at the last. Remember, Will, he straightened Kobe out, Dutch Uncle treatment. Without that we're light 1.
    No disagreement there.

I said it in the other thread where I replied to you but in case you didn’t see it, my condolences tbh. I’m not sure why it’s such a shock for me, but this whole thing seems very surreal. Even though he’d been retired it seems like just yesterday when he looked unstoppable.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He later on did a similar thing to the Mavs, said he needed to "spend more time with his family" and proceeded to sign with the Thunder Fisher is probably the biggest piece of I've witnessed in the NBA tbh, we gave/give Kobe a lot of but he had nothing on that snidey bas imho. lol at banging matt barnes' gf. just an overall trash human being
    He’s the one guy I’d love to see die so I can piss all over his grave.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    League wide jersey retirement especially two separate numbers () is a no from me
    Quinn Cook is even better and is changing his number from No. 2 to No. 28 to honor Gianna Bryant.

this is getting ridiculous. it's just which player will outdo the other.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He later on did a similar thing to the Mavs, said he needed to "spend more time with his family" and proceeded to sign with the Thunder Fisher is probably the biggest piece of I've witnessed in the NBA
    This

He is a loathsome human being, imo.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No disagreement there.

I said it in the other thread where I replied to you but in case you didn’t see it, my condolences tbh. I’m not sure why it’s such a shock for me, but this whole thing seems very surreal. Even though he’d been retired it seems like just yesterday when he looked unstoppable.
    Thanks, Will. Yes, a great tragedy & waste. The inclusion of the other victims in detail by Media gravels the situation much further.

Seeing Shaq & West break down like this is just painful.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This

He is a loathsome human being, imo.
    Yes, it wasn't right.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quinn Cook is even better and is changing his number from No. 2 to No. 28 to honor Gianna Bryant.

Disingenuous people being disingenious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron would be eating it up with a spoon.
    No doubt.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

And why does it bother you? Many basketball players looked at Kobe as their idol. If that’s how they wanna honor him then what’s the issue.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sound stupid, man.

He played an entire career and died AFTER doing a family/friend event. Retiring his number(s) automatically place him on a plateau with Jackie Robinson which he clearly doesn't deserve (still was a great player).

Also, Roberto Clemente died in a similar fashion while doing it for humanitarian purposes. The MLB didn't do some over reactionary B.S., P.R. stunt like retiring his number league wide.

And Clemente was revered in Latin America, a (future) HOF'er & an all-time great player too.

Also, will this type of overreaction be the new normal? No thanks, even if this was Duncan I would hate to see his number retired league wide. Denying future generations the opportunity (like LeBron with #23 in Cleveland and Los Angeles) to honor Timmy by rocking the number other than in San Antonio.
    Yes, I sound stupid, but the majority of the NBA world agrees with me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I sound stupid, but the majority of the NBA world agrees with me
    No you're right. You're just talking to another guy who still can't get over Kobe hurting him during his playing days. Ironic, because it only serves to prove the point that Kobe had a visceral effect on everyone who knew him - good or bad.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You sound stupid, man.

He played an entire career and died AFTER doing a family/friend event. Retiring his number(s) automatically place him on a plateau with Jackie Robinson which he clearly doesn't deserve (still was a great player).

Also, Roberto Clemente died in a similar fashion while doing it for humanitarian purposes. The MLB didn't do some over reactionary B.S., P.R. stunt like retiring his number league wide.

And Clemente was revered in Latin America, a (future) HOF'er & an all-time great player too.

Also, will this type of overreaction be the new normal? No thanks, even if this was Duncan I would hate to see his number retired league wide. Denying future generations the opportunity (like LeBron with #23 in Cleveland and Los Angeles) to honor Timmy by rocking the number other than in San Antonio.
    We've been getting there by-&-by, J.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I find it so damn funny how since it’s Kobe and he was a laker everything that happens is an exaggeration or not needed or over the top or people make jokes. So if ing TD passed or Dirk ( I don’t wanna jinx any just making a point). It would be fine cause they they didn’t play in LA. I understand Kobe basketball wise is probably a top 15 player . I understand TD was better any ing basketball fan knows it but Bryant’s legacy is of a top 3 player of all time. Look at D rose. Dude is probably a top 100 player and he has more fans than players like KD who obviously have been better. This man just passed with his daughter and the 7 other victims. Let people grieve and show their respects at least for a ing week. God damn everything is a damn issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it so damn funny how since it’s Kobe and he was a laker everything that happens is an exaggeration or not needed or over the top or people make jokes. So if ing TD passed or Dirk ( I don’t wanna jinx any just making a point). It would be fine cause they they didn’t play in LA. I understand Kobe basketball wise is probably a top 15 player . I understand TD was better any ing basketball fan knows it but Bryant’s legacy is of a top 3 player of all time. Look at D rose. Dude is probably a top 100 player and he has more fans than players like KD who obviously have been better. This man just passed with his daughter and the 7 other victims. Let people grieve and show their respects at least for a ing week. God damn everything is a damn issue.
    They're just small men who can't let go of small grudges. Even as a lifelong Kobe hater, I can see why and how people are reacting the way they are. It's been repeated ad nauseam why this is such a big deal, so I won't, but it's pretty damn obvious why his death is having the impact it is.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Duncan > Kobe but it's not a landslide. Kobe was better and more relevant 2007-13.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan > Kobe but it's not a landslide. Kobe was better and more relevant 2007-13.
    True, but if you say "Kobe" in San Antonio, everyone knows who that is.

Say "Duncan" in San Antonio, and half of the fat bas s think you're talking about donuts, tbh.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Thanks, Will. Yes, a great tragedy & waste. The inclusion of the other victims in detail by Media gravels the situation much further.

Seeing Shaq & West break down like this is just painful.
    Broke me up watching Shaq man. Especially when he started talking about their HOF induction and how they'd joke about who had the most rings and how many rings they would have gotten had they stayed together. ing sad.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    True, but if you say "Kobe" in San Antonio, everyone knows who that is.

Say "Duncan" in San Antonio, and half of the fat bas s think you're talking about donuts, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Seeing that behemoth of a man become a gentle giant and break down like that really was something I never imagined seeing. And he is so right, Kobe not being there for his own HOF induction absolutely sucks hard. I mean one of his very last events on this planet is watching Lebron pass him on the all time scoring list - and now all this.

Broke me up watching Shaq man. Especially when he started talking about their HOF induction and how they'd joke about who had the most rings and how many rings they would have gotten had they stayed together. ing sad.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm not one to retire two numbers league wide. I mean, if the reverence is for the league to do #24, I wouldn't object. In a more sense of clarity, renaming a trophy would probably be the road I'd personally like to see. I know there was a tweet that the Lakers have something planned like naming the court at Staples Center in honor of him, but I can't get behind the changing of the NBA logo. That seems like something that Kobe would be against and it just seems more of a rash jump in a time when emotions are still bone raw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not one to retire two numbers league wide. I mean, if the reverence is for the league to do #24, I wouldn't object. In a more sense of clarity, renaming a trophy would probably be the road I'd personally like to see. I know there was a tweet that the Lakers have something planned like naming the court at Staples Center in honor of him, but I can't get behind the changing of the NBA logo. That seems like something that Kobe would be against and it just seems more of a rash jump in a time when emotions are still bone raw.
    Gem, you're a sensible lakerfan on this board. You and I both know 10000% Kobe would be absolutely in favor of changing to logo to him

That's not even a knock against him, but you know his ego would definitely want that done.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Gem, you're a sensible lakerfan on this board. You and I both know 10000% Kobe would be absolutely in favor of changing to logo to him

That's not even a knock against him, but you know his ego would definitely want that done.
    ego ego ego ego

any ing basketball legend would want this honor. Shaq TD Kareem Lebron Hakeem . Anybody would. But since it’s Kobe it’s all about ego.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ego ego ego ego

any ing basketball legend would want this honor. Shaq TD Kareem Lebron Hakeem . Anybody would. But since it’s Kobe it’s all about ego.
    It's not even a knock...Kareem/TD/Hakeem are all cut from a different cloth than those other guys tbh. Nothing wrong with caring about your perception and carefully, carefully crafting the narrative/image around you like Kobe and LeBron.

People like you will always eat it up, absolutely nothing wrong with it tbh.

Thread Information