Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyways, I've put enough time and energy into this thread. Kobe was living the life and always had his family, friends, and his fans to support him in whatever trials and tribulations he had to endure in his 41 years. He started reaping in his blessings and success as soon as he came into the world and it never stopped. When a human being dies, a newborn baby is also born to take its place... and the circle of life continues, yada, yada, yada.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've been getting there by-&-by, J.
    Good, get by with his two retired numbers and legacy as an all-time great.

No you're right. You're just talking to another guy who still can't get over Kobe hurting him during his playing days. Ironic, because it only serves to prove the point that Kobe had a visceral effect on everyone who knew him - good or bad.
    I have a strong dislike of Bryant the person and athlete, but can't question his greatness on the court. Unfortunately, that greatness came with a lot of sociopathic behavior and poor treatment of other people (on and off the court). Including his own immediate family.

Yes, I sound stupid, but the majority of the NBA world agrees with me
    Just because the majority - of which are mostly modern players that choice to forget his selfish antics, terrible treatment of teammates and his rape accusations - agree doesn't make it the wise decision. Especially, when people are still grieving and (again) choosing to ignore Kobe's questionable character.

Lastly, you completely ignored the fact that in no league wide manor was Clemente honored, who died in similar cir stances. And doing a league wide retirement of his number(s) or making him the new "logo" would essentially mean he is in the same breath as a man like Jackie Robinson. Sorry, he just isn't in the same breath as far as social impact, importance or legacy.

Maybe he is in the mind of brain dead millenials, zoomers or moronic Canadians that don't understand real long lasting (societal) impact.

But, but, but, that was the past and Kobe is a "global icon," uh duh.....
    Last edited by J_Paco; 01-31-2020 at 01:25 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn’t be surprised if Silver had Kobe killed because the latter’s off court success was overshadowing the NBA

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN was having a gay ole time talking about cute Kobe elbowing stories. They didn't bother to mention these:

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I remember watching all those games in 240P too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of those are good hard fouls, some of those are flops by the opponents.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flying around in the fog not checked out for the conditions it appears.
    Such a shame that simply lack of caution seems to be the culprit.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flying around in the fog not checked out for the conditions it appears.
    Such a shame that simply lack of caution seems to be the culprit.
    Nor did the helicopter have the sensors that detects nearby land. Kobe skimping on safety?

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count

I remember watching all those games in 240P too.
    Where was all that fight in Kobe when he was busy getting punched by Chris Childs? Shaq seemed a tad slow stepping in to protect his "little brother".

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where was all that fight in Kobe when he was busy getting punched by Chris Childs? Shaq seemed a tad slow stepping in to protect his "little brother".

Shaq was shooting when the fight broke out. He did seem more interested in having beef with Ewing than worrying about Kobe though.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    spurfan know they dont want to hear kobe run his mouth at the hof speech anyhow lol

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Kobe neither piloted nor owned the plane.
    since when did that matter when filing a suit

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Two little girls (excluding GiGi), not 1

sue the pilot's estate, and if they can't get money out of that sue the CA government.
    i mean the white girl who still living. why yall think everything about kobe cant there be any other peopple?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    since when did that matter when filing a suit
    You can't sue someone who isn't liable. I don't think any lawyer would take that one on given the amount of legal representation the Bryant estate could afford.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nor did the helicopter have the sensors that detects nearby land. Kobe skimping on safety?
    I don't know if Kobe would be astute in the ways of what HTAWs, IFR vs. VFR ratings or at the very least his understanding would be minimal. If the pilot was merely 'ii' rated and not given the extra training because the company that leases the helicopter out, it seems like the negligence is systemic rather than incidental. We'll probably never know the extent and fully discernible cause of the accident. That video states that the ambulatory helicopters recently were mandated to have the sensory aid to help their pilots. I'm guessing this will be mandatory at least here in California on the majority of helicopters if that's the case.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if Kobe would be astute in the ways of what HTAWs, IFR vs. VFR ratings or at the very least his understanding would be minimal. If the pilot was merely 'ii' rated and not given the extra training because the company that leases the helicopter out, it seems like the negligence is systemic rather than incidental. We'll probably never know the extent and fully discernible cause of the accident. That video states that the ambulatory helicopters recently were mandated to have the sensory aid to help their pilots. I'm guessing this will be mandatory at least here in California on the majority of helicopters if that's the case.
    He was leasing? I figured he owned the helicopter. I'll bet those helicopter rides cost a lot of money per ride. He should've just taken the extra time and did a limo, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was leasing? I figured he owned the helicopter. I'll bet those helicopter rides cost a lot of money per ride. He should've just taken the extra time and did a limo, imo.
    He'd been riding the chopper for almost 20 years. You can die in a car accident as well. He just hit a bad roll of the dice. Celebs, CEOs and athletes ride choppers all the time.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I believe the cost of that copter to own is like 13-15 million? I'm not sure Kobe was willing to put that cost to own. It's been stated it was leased. I wonder, though, because Kawhi uses the same pilot. Does that mean he rode in the same copter? I don't know if it is, but as someone who has been in a helicopter 3 times in my life, I never really trusted them then, I sure don't now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe the cost of that copter to own is like 13-15 million? I'm not sure Kobe was willing to put that cost to own. It's been stated it was leased. I wonder, though, because Kawhi uses the same pilot. Does that mean he rode in the same copter? I don't know if it is, but as someone who has been in a helicopter 3 times in my life, I never really trusted them then, I sure don't now...
    It's a copter company. Lots of celebs rode on those copters, and depending on the size of the crew, the copter would be larger or smaller. There wouldn't be a need for that large platform for just Kobe and his wife, they'd probably take something smaller, built for 4 not including pilot and co pilot. Kobe might have even sat shotgun on occasion on smaller birds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cabin of a Sikorsky S-76

If that helicopter had a similar layout, the passengers probably never knew what hit them.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And much more likely to happen in a car as well.

You probably have a greater chance of drowning in your own bath tub than you do dying on a aircraft. Just really bad weather and bad fate. Should have landed and waited for clearance.

He'd been riding the chopper for almost 20 years. You can die in a car accident as well. He just hit a bad roll of the dice. Celebs, CEOs and athletes ride choppers all the time.

Thread Information