Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Timmy ultimately wins out.

Easiest bet in the next 1-10 years; Most over rated person in the universe? Kobe Bryant. He'll surpass Selene AND Curt Cobain combined.

dead and his getting rode more than a seedy hotel room in Colorado in 2004.

Also, LOLing at s tryna be religious all a sudden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wait, so some of you niglets are really going to pretend that because he died today, he's no longer the ass uncle tom you were saying he was yesterday? And I'm the hypocrite?

And let's not pretend that if this was Duncan, a couple of the Lakerfans here that demand respect and call others edgelords wouldn't be lapping it up... come on sons...

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Easiest bet in the next 1-10 years; Most over rated person in the universe? Kobe Bryant. He'll surpass Selene AND Curt Cobain combined.

It’s to be expected in tbh, Michael jackson died and everyone now glosses over the fact he’s a child molester.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing that in the cancel culture we live in today, with people having to constantly apologize for things said/done in their past, Kobe is still celebrated the way he is, unblemished. He never had to really answer for Colorado when it happened, or ever again afterwards. After the initial allegations reactions, everyone just started ignoring the elephant in the room. Some even made him more of a hero for going to court and playing basketball at a high level in the same day. Then everyone just moved on and went right back to worshiping him. Women still loved him. But thats the privilege of being a basket star in Hollywood / LA.

Still a sad day, I would never wish death on anyone. It’s sad that he died young. But it’s more sad that his daughter died at 13, and his newborn will never even know her Dad.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dying knowing you can't save your daughter from the same fate is beyond cruel...
    Agreed 100%.

I didn't really become a Kobe fan until around the end of his career... I always will respect him as a better overall NBA legend than Le .... when went against Kobe, he sulked for awhile but then got back up and turned it around the next game, next round, next year... while Le couldn't stop whining and ing about a foul/no foul or whatever.

Also, Kobe was the 2nd most clutch player of all time after MJ... Lebron isn't even top 25 in that department all-time. His only non-total-bandwagon championship was made possible by a..... Kyrie Irving shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Timmy was always superior all along, if nothing else for his basketball longevity. Yes they retired the same year, but Kobe was a lot younger, and he didn't play the majority of his last 3 years due to various injuries and other stuff. Duncan was a borderline all star caliber when he retired.

Timmy to me is a top 5 NBA legend, but Kobe is in the top 10 IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please lebron rethink trying to get into that circle
    Ssshhhhhiiiiittttt.... He’s long been in that circle.. , just take a look at his tattoo on his chest.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah I agree... in childhood I lost my temper thousands of times over ball games and probably wished Kobe dead around 8,531 times or so, but a calm me never would have said or meant that... like I legit hated Kobe and sometimes wished he'd never been born or at least never picked up a basketball, but he didn't deserve to die like this, and watch his daughter die in the process.
    Sums up how I felt about him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people taking ElNonos bait left and right
    Who thinks "hey its time to troll" with something like this though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sums up how I felt about him.
    yes sir. And I do think if Kobe had picked a different sport or career that Timmy would have at least 7 rings and possibly be considered the GOAT over MJ. Spurs would have undoubtedly won the le in '01 and '02 because there was no other elite compe ion in either conference at that point, and we had Sacramento's number.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Who thinks "hey its time to troll" with something like this though?
    tbh I'm actually surprised it got up to 9 pages before the trolling began imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s crazy to me is basketball gave Kobe his glamorous life, and basketball ultimately took his life.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've gotten older, I guess

Somebody find that Jerry Buss death thread.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What’s crazy to me is basketball gave Kobe his glamorous life, and basketball ultimately took his life.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/im14andthisisdeep/

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

there hasn't even been any direct Kobe trolling other than a few butthurt GNSF's. Just the indirect trolling (i.e. using Kobe's death to highlight what a POS some other guy is) or the typical ST hilarious autistic social unawareness from the usual culprits tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense. Most people grow out of that edge lord phase. If you don't there might be something wrong with you, tbh.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people taking ElNonos bait left and right

tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    its too soon but it’s a quick death. could’ve lost his daughter and survived the whole thing, paralyzed and feeding through a tube for the rest of his life.

his legend will only grow from here on out. the goat talk is gonna be lit. watch how these non kobe stan blog boys and nerds starts putting him ahead of everyone not named michael jordan.

kobe stays winnin, tammy s wont even be top 10 once kd and steph retires tbh

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    NBA media would've celebrated it if Harden died

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its too soon but it’s a quick death. could’ve lost his daughter and survived the whole thing, paralyzed and feeding through a tube for the rest of his life.

his legend will only grow from here on out. the goat talk is gonna be lit. watch how these non kobe stan blog boys and nerds starts putting him ahead of everyone not named michael jordan.

kobe stays winnin, tammy s wont even be top 10 once kd and steph retires tbh
    that is pretty ed up if you actually think that loosing his daughter is winning.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wait, so some of you niglets are really going to pretend that because he died today, he's no longer the ass uncle tom you were saying he was yesterday? And I'm the hypocrite?

And let's not pretend that if this was Duncan, a couple of the Lakerfans here that demand respect and call others edgelords wouldn't be lapping it up... come on sons...
    Honestly, I always liked Kobe in real life. I mean I hated him too, don't get me wrong, but overall really enjoyed watching him play and used to watch his games all the time when I lived in LA. I just talked about him here a lot to piss Laker fans off. But I genuinely feel sick to my ing stomach today. I usually don't give a if a celeb dies but Kobe was such an important part of being a basketball fan and a Spurs fan. I know I couldn't have enjoyed the 2003 le nearly as much if not for the asskicking the Spurs got from him in 2001 for example. I have never hated a player as much as I hated Kobe Bryant in Game 1 of the 2001 WCF, but it made me appreciate it so much more when Tim Duncan was playing around the world at Staples in Game 6 of the 2003 WCSF to pay them back. I watched Kobe play so many great games I can't help but mourn a little at him being killed so young.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    For a person I didn’t know at all personally, this shook me pretty hard. I’ve long been a Kobe fan, lived in LA for the second and third Shaq-Kobe championships. I’m old, already in my 40s, and I haven’t had an emotional reaction to a celebrity death like this since Biggie. No joke, this one hurt me.

I don’t disparage anyone for jokes or for throwing shade or hate. Over the years, I’ve seen worse things said on these boards. I actually expected more and worse. And death is always tragic, especially to those personally affected. But sometimes celebrity, public figure deaths carry more weight in how many people it reaches. Doesn’t make it any more tragic, only how many people are affected.

But talking seriously for a minute, as much of a sociopath and megalomaniac as he was early on in his career, I do feel like he did grow up over the course of his playing career and post career. He may forever be viewed by some as a s bag for Colorado and the snitching aftermath. But I do believe he not only grew from that, but proactively tried to become a better person for it. Obviously, I don’t know for sure, as I have zero personal insight. But most personal reports indicate he developed into a pretty good dude later on and pretty much everything we read now about him being a good father, a generous mentor to young basketball players, and a determined and ambitious media (not social media, but film and print media) personality relate a different person than the young, arrogant Kobe.

I believe the 2008 Olympics began to paint a different portrait of Kobe, when young stars like LeBron and Wade who may have respected Kobe but viewed him as aloof and weird got to know him on a more personal level. And they started to understand him as a person. And after retirement, Dear Basketball, and his basketball relationship with his daughter, people started to see a different side. But hey, maybe he still was a s bag and sociopath when he went down in the helicopter. As a Kobe fan, I’m hoping he did grow up from young Kobe, Colorado Kobe, snitching Kobe, megalomaniac Kobe.

And I was still sad today.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    As much as I disliked this fake-ass teller, he was only 41 and had young daughters. Obviously his daughter passing away puts it on a different level, is tragic.

Dad Killer should have been killed instead. His kids are grown, he doesn't contribute anything significant to the community(relatively speaking, considering the power he possesses), he has caused more deaths than any NBA player in history, etc. Hopefully I'm still alive when he dies.
    Lebron took a helicopter ride to see his son the other day it could've been a lot worse

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I look at Duncan-Kobe in the sense of the Batman-Joker type of relationship. You can't have the Batman without the Joker and you can't have the Joker without the batman. What made Duncan special to spur fans was illustrated towards their disdain for Kobe. In the eyes of Spur fans Kobe was selfish, arrogant, while Duncan was unselfish,humble,great leader,etc. In the eyes of Laker fans Kobe was charismatic,exciting, tough, while Duncan was boring,dull,ornery, fundamentally sound. I think both players became more likable in the eyes of their own fan bases due to the rivalry. Spur fans loved Duncan even more since he wasn't a diva like Kobe. Laker fans loved Kobe even more since he wasn't dull boring like Duncan.

When I reflect on the Spurs les they wouldn't have felt as good if Kobe never existed. Even the years where the Spurs won it all and didn't play the Lakers it still felt good knowing Duncan was either up in the ring count number against Kobe or tied him. Let's be real the 5th le wouldn't have felt as sweet if it wasn't for the fact that Duncan had tied Kobe at 5 rings. So this is how I appreciate Kobe in the sense that he made Duncan more heroic in my eyes as a Spurs fan. He was the greatest villain ever.

This commercial is one of my favorites. Both Duncan and Kobe super young and before they won their first ring.

Thread Information