Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wasn't trolling. Your post is trolling.
    2004 Western Conference Finals - 6 Games

Timberwolves: 127 FTA
    Lakers: 186 FTA

Garnett: 32 FTA
    Kobe: 56 FTA

#refball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Never before Kobe had a teenage guard successfully jump straight to the NBA. And this is the first time I've heard of a clear HOF player getting into the hall, posthumously on the 1st ballot, without a vote.

I'm happy and sad for his family.
    Well yeah, because he died....

Imagine if they still allowed voting for Kobe and somebody voted against him like Jeter

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well yeah, because he died....

Imagine if they still allowed voting for Kobe and somebody voted against him like Jeter
    Probably Chris Mannix (blasted Celtics fan)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have burqa sales ed in the Los Angeles area?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ the calls for changing the NBA logo to Kobe....

That'd be horrible tbh.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

That'd be horrible tbh.
    Why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really think they should change the logo to Kobe? I get that it was a tragic death but that seems overly reactionary.

So if Jordan dies next weekend, what do you think they should do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah you can't play this game until Kobe's burial when Laker fans can finally say goodbye. Hope you can start enjoying the season again at some point though. At least enjoy this clip man. Probably the greatest game I have ever seen anyone have against the Spurs, and I have been watching them since the tail end of Ice's career.

he was just so silky smooth, while having great athleticism and size/length for the position. yeah, guys like russ and rose were probably faster and more explosive, but kobe was always smooth and in control. great body control, footwork, etc. that comes from practice and working on your craft.

i had issues with the way he played (shot selection, etc)... but he did look a lot like mike in that midrange and when attacking the basket.

tmac had some of that "smoothness" too but he just liked to rise up over people since he was bigger

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he was just so silky smooth, while having great athleticism and size/length for the position. yeah, guys like russ and rose were probably faster and more explosive, but kobe was always smooth and in control. great body control, footwork, etc. that comes from practice and working on your craft.

i had issues with the way he played (shot selection, etc)... but he did look a lot like mike in that midrange and when attacking the basket.

tmac had some of that "smoothness" too but he just liked to rise up over people since he was bigger
    Injuries really hampered McGrady at the wrong time too early into his career. At least with Kobe the debilitating injury problems didn't start plaguing him until he was much older

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That'd be horrible tbh.
    just as stupid as retiring his numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see ESPN has the infamous Kobe didn't flinch video on their homepage. Of course that was debunked like a year ago, but time to rewrite some history I guess..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That'd be horrible tbh.
    They are going to do something. I am sure Silver and his lackeys are in meetings about it right now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see ESPN has the infamous Kobe didn't flinch video on their homepage. Of course that was debunked like a year ago, but time to rewrite some history I guess..
    I mean, get very used to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are going to do something. I am sure Silver and his lackeys are in meetings about it right now...
    I'd be fine if they wanted to retire 24 tbh. I don't necessarily agree with it but I get it. Retiring 8 as well would be just as dumb as changing the logo or the other ridiculous stuff I've heard the last few days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be fine if they wanted to retire 24 tbh. I don't necessarily agree with it but I get it. Retiring 8 as well would be just as dumb as changing the logo or the other ridiculous stuff I've heard the last few days.

Retire 24 around the league and that is all good.. if this happened to TD, 21 retired around the league would be all good by me as well..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ooh, the edgy, fat, bald, Argentinian got jokes.
    Keep telling us how you really feel

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Retire 24 around the league and that is all good.. if this happened to TD, 21 retired around the league would be all good by me as well..
    There would be no chance of anything like that happening if Duncan died it would barely make an impact, tbh.

Jordan, Kobe, Lebron and maybe Magic are probably the only NBA players in history that would make a significant impact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There would be no chance of anything like that happening if Duncan died it would barely make an impact, tbh.

Jordan, Kobe, Lebron and maybe Magic are probably the only NBA players in history that would make a significant impact.
    I think they'd retire 21 league wide. But lets hope Tim dies a very old man..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is the Kobe didn’t do it in Colorado video there too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, that's true. Honestly, Tim would think a lot of this would be dumb AF if it happened to him tbh.

"Go down in your own way"
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That'd be horrible tbh.
    What would the silhouette for Kobe NBA logo look like?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Shout out to the classy Spur fans showing respect to a fallen icon...
    Big shout out tbh , rest of you can put your favorite sandals on and kick sharp rocks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said make the shot clock 24.8 long. He’ll be remembered forever in every game. Don’t change the logo.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's true. Honestly, Tim would think a lot of this would be dumb AF if it happened to him tbh.
    I think a lot of the sports world would still be devastated. I grew up hating the Spurs but I would shed tears if this happened to Tim Duncan or Pop etc. All BS aside when Danny Ainge had a heart attack during the prime of the Lakers V Celtics rivalry the entire Lakers nation sent their thoughts and prayers (for what it is worth or not) because this is just a game man. Life and death is something else.

Tim Duncan is a legend

Thread Information