Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but most of us won't die alongside a global icon like Kobe. Every year, on that day millions will remember the accident but only to mourn/celebrate Kobe and Gigi. Every other victim will be an afterthought. That will be tougher for the families than just an average death, imo.
    Good point.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Tough situation for the other families too, man. Can you imagine your world being turned upside down and you being nothing but a footnote? The Altobellis for example, both parents and a daughter gone. Two children left to live with that the rest of their lives and noone gives a . Every year from here on out Kobe and Gigi will be remembered on that date with very little mention of their own losses.

It's noone's fault that Kobe was such an icon but man that's gotta suck for them. Same for the families of the other victims.
    They can’t be bothered by crocodile tears from fans of an egomaniac sexual predators

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as expected lebum with the contrived crocodile tears speech. tattoo is a nice addition to the 40,000 tats he has already. fake POS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBrons cheesy as . It’s a terrible thing that happened but by now all these dudes on tv are mostly about themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't take long for a well meaning thread to devolve into vitriolic nonsense.

If you're keeping up with this, you're part of the problem. You're part of the reason why people like Lebron have such egos. If you make them gods, gods they will be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This scenario with Fox is the worst example of the social media era -- and I can't even imagine if Vanessa had the TMZ app on her phone and/or started getting calls or people knocking at the house crying. Thankfully it was reported she was told by Kobe's manager prior to the TMZ news hitting.

Also - if you report on death in the news and you are wrong, you and your company's media credentials should be revoked forever.
    No disrespect Ace, but you're using the same type of reasoning those you're speaking out against use - it was reported. Granted you're not trying to break a story but everything we hear is reported, that doesn't make it true.

So as long as you say "it was reported" does that remove any liability from you? This is what these s bag media sources say "I am getting reports that.."

Again, just an example of how we think it's ok to spread information/misinformation because it's reported. We don't do much fact checking, we trust sources.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No disrespect Ace, but you're using the same type of reasoning those you're speaking out against use - it was reported. Granted you're not trying to break a story but everything we hear is reported, that doesn't make it true.

So as long as you say "it was reported" does that remove any liability from you? This is what these s bag media sources say "I am getting reports that.."

Again, just an example of how we think it's ok to spread information/misinformation because it's reported. We don't do much fact checking, we trust sources.
    I don't remember the name - I believe it was Ramona Shelburne while I was watching ESPN that said she (Ramona) was told by Kobe's manager that he told Vanessa before the TMZ news came out.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I don't remember the name - I believe it was Ramona Shelburne while I was watching ESPN that said she (Ramona) was told by Kobe's manager that he told Vanessa before the TMZ news came out.
    Yes I recall reading that to and I am glad she found out that way instead of TMZ. I would hate to have been Kobe's manager breaking the news to her like that but still better than finding it out through TMZ or some news service. Very sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They better be watching him. Dude was already depressed for whatever reason. Can't imagine what his mind is like now
    He doesn't suffer from depression... depression has to be diagnosed...u can't just be emo and claim u have depression

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So which company is going to stoop low enough to have a Kobe Superbowl commercial where they pretend it's an homage instead of a cheap ploy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So which company is going to stoop low enough to have a Kobe Superbowl commercial where they pretend it's an homage instead of a cheap ploy?
    Most of them. Heard that some commercials had to be pulled because it contained vehicles crashing/exploding and companies pulled their finished commercials to include a tribute

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remembering Kobe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got the out of here before the world went down in flames.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got the out of here before the world went down in flames.
    Not before his did.

Thread Information