Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe wasn't my favorite player, but he always respected the Spurs, and vice versa. He was a man on the court, and handled things like Bruce Bowen's tough D with a lot of class. He always gave Manu and Timmy a lot of deserved props, and I remember Manu, in particular, always speaking highly of Kobe as well.

The Spurs/Lakers was the NBA's biggest rivalry from 1999 through decade that followed. That was era of Tim's Spurs and Shaq and Kobe's Lakers. He was worthy of my hatred as a fan of the other great team in that compe ion, and that was because he was so great on the court. He filled the role LA needed in terms of play and personality, just as Tim was perfect as the dominating, yet quiet rock, representing the small market dynasty in San Antonio to a tee. The two players' careers will forever be linked.

He'll be missed. My condolences to his family and all of the other folks' families who lost their loved ones in that crash.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe thanks for all the great compe ion during the 2000s, may you RIP.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You two are like the ing Coronavirus. As soon as you show up the humans begin to suffer headaches and nausea.

Any thread you touch should be quarantined and allowed to die.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same, 3 peat Kobe was actually fun to watch
    Late 00's Kobe was better IMO. Better shot, smarter with the ball, more of a team player. I hated the ing Gasol trade but I still couldn't begrudge Kobe those rings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Late 00's Kobe was better IMO. Better shot, smarter with the ball, more of a team player. I hated the ing Gasol trade but I still couldn't begrudge Kobe those rings.
    Yes late 00's Kobe was a better player overall I agree, but in term of sick moves I'm going with early 2000's Kobe

Early 00's Kobe was more selfish. except for the totality of the 2001-2002 season, he played within himself that season with great decision making

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    It is.. This is where working for a celeb or just someone really rich can be problematic.. They want what they want. I am sure Kobe having flown what thousands of times was not worried about the fog in the slightest.
    It was already mentioned the pilot knew about the fog and I am sure Kobe did to before lift off. He likely brushed it off but it wasn't safe to fly that chopper yesterday obviously. Good luck though telling Kobe no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there wasn't even anything wrong with the helicopter and it was just flown in poor conditions, that makes it even worse. I don't even care so much about Kobe, I care more about those kids. To endanger the lives of children by flying through a dense fog is just ing stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was already mentioned the pilot knew about the fog and I am sure Kobe did to before lift off. He likely brushed it off but it wasn't safe to fly that chopper yesterday obviously. Good luck though telling Kobe no.
    They had a game to go to. He is coaching the team his daughter plays on, so there was a schedule to keep.. But man.. Just sucks..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know anything about helicopters, but apparently the pilot wasn't using his instruments that would've helped him navigate in that kind of weather.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Yes this could have been prevented but they had a game to get to and everyone was in a rush most likely. Poor decisions made, end result tragedy. I also read no other choppers were flying in that fog, just them and if the pilot wasn't using any of his instruments to navigate yikes. This is so very sad and tragic but this crash was likely pilot error and not engine failure of the chopper which makes it 10x sadder.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yes this could have been prevented but they had a game to get to and everyone was in a rush most likely. Poor decisions made, end result tragedy. I also read no other choppers were flying in that fog, just them and if the pilot wasn't using any of his instruments to navigate yikes. This is so very sad and tragic but this crash was likely pilot error and not engine failure of the chopper which makes it 10x sadder.
    I've read that the pilot was very experienced and knew the area well. And that that particular chopper is a double engine and the likelihood of it going down due to malfunction is slim to none. Do those things have black boxes like planes do? Really interested in those final moments. Kobe was fearless on the court -- so I could totally see him blowing off the pilot and ordering them to fly through it. And if he did, his greatest attribute on the court lead to his death and that of 8 others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

man. ing terrible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They had a game to go to. He is coaching the team his daughter plays on, so there was a schedule to keep.. But man.. Just sucks..
    Newport Beach to Thousand Oaks on a Sunday morning is about an hour and a half.

I know you can die in a car crash just as easily but it was foggy AF in SoCal this past weekend. No sense in trying to fly into that to save an hour at most tbh. Damn.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You two are like the ing Coronavirus. As soon as you show up the humans begin to suffer headaches and nausea.

Any thread you touch should be quarantined and allowed to die.
    👍🏽

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    u are criticizing tewo ppl who have the opposite opinions on something...that means it's personal to u....u dont actually have an issue with what we are saying...u just dont like is...very telling
    Lol have you actually gotten more stupid the more you post here?

Did you always type like a neanderthal? I really don't remember.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Newport Beach to Thousand Oaks on a Sunday morning is about an hour and a half.

I know you can die in a car crash just as easily but it was foggy AF in SoCal this past weekend. No sense in trying to fly into that to save an hour at most tbh. Damn.
    Yep. But this was how Kobe traveled all the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CNN & Fox News are Zionist Jewish controlled opposition

THE KANYE WEST JESUS IS KING MOCKERY EXPOSED

you have brain damage tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to me this is the definitive memory i have of kobe tbh... last game of the season to win the division

naturally i was rooting for those blazers (because FTL and such) with Z-Bo and such. but that face Ruben "The Kobe Stopper" Patterson got his pushed right back in. two absolutely absurd shots in the same game, one to send to OT and one to win in 2OT
    Last edited by spurraider21; 01-27-2020 at 09:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough situation for the other families too, man. Can you imagine your world being turned upside down and you being nothing but a footnote? The Altobellis for example, both parents and a daughter gone. Two children left to live with that the rest of their lives and noone gives a . Every year from here on out Kobe and Gigi will be remembered on that date with very little mention of their own losses.

It's noone's fault that Kobe was such an icon but man that's gotta suck for them. Same for the families of the other victims.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough situation for the other families too, man. Can you imagine your world being turned upside down and you being nothing but a footnote? The Altobellis for example, both parents and a daughter gone. Two children left to live with that the rest of their lives and noone gives a . Every year from here on out Kobe and Gigi will be remembered on that date with very little mention of their own losses.

It's noone's fault that Kobe was such an icon but man that's gotta suck for them. Same for the families of the other victims.
    I expect lawsuits will come from those other families in due time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

To be fair ESPN tonight did name each individual person that passed and said a little something about them and interviewed someone close to the Altobellis family. But tbh they got more recognition than they ever would have just by being on that same helicopter as Kobe. If it was just them on the Helicopter they wouldn’t have been on ESPN or nothing just their local news and no one would have heard of it. The fact that we all know about this family now just speaks volumes on that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    alright bro...im not gonna get into a Kobe is top 5 argument...anyone who would think that isnt worth speaking logic to
    you're the last person who should talk about logic. You the biggest idiot the internet has ever seen. Somebody should give you an award for your stupidity

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to be this is the definitive memory i have of kobe tbh... last game of the season to win the division

naturally i was rooting for those blazers (because FTL and such) with Z-Bo and such. but that face Ruben "The Kobe Stopper" Patterson got his pushed right back in. two absolutely absurd shots in the same game, one to send to OT and one to win in 2OT
    I remember watching that live and thinking no ing way when Patterson had him locked down with his dribble picked up and the clock running out there in the fourth. No ing way. And he hit it anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember watching that live and thinking no ing way when Patterson had him locked down with his dribble picked up and the clock running out there in the fourth. No ing way. And he hit it anyways.
    plus patterson fouled the out of him

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe 62, Dallas 61 still had to be one of the most absurd things I have ever watched.

Thread Information