Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP to KB, his daughter and the rest of the people in the crash.

Terrible day, terrible news tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, helicopters. I was always weary of those things, but now I would certainly never even consider riding in one. What a stupid, archaic technology. Just "oops, one thing went wrong and now a bunch of people are dead." ing ridiculous.
    you can die driving a car too. That really doesn't change things. Kobe been using the helicopter for most of his career and living in LA it makes sense since you don't have to worry about traffic. It's just when your number gets called you gotta go, no matter who or where you are

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    looking forward to the coverage being over tbh. i know we'll be inundated with it for at least a week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looking forward to the coverage being over tbh. i know we'll be inundated with it for at least a week.
    The fake tears should subside in a month.

Sad news for a lot of people but also an opportunity for fakes to show up.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    all i wonder about is why the chopper went down / who was piloting.

Kobe used a chopper to play a trick on Pelinka, the LA Times reported in 2017.

Bryant had the pilot do military maneuvers on the chopper with Pelinka on board, and even turn the engine off in midair.

“My life was flashing before my eyes,” Pelinka told the newspaper. “I almost had a heart attack. Kobe’s just sitting there calm and collected.”
    The 41-year-old hoops great died in a chopper crash in California Sunday. It is unknown if he was flying the craft or if the helicopter was charged or privately owned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fake tears should subside in a month.

Sad news for a lot of people but also an opportunity for fakes to show up.
    I don't think it's any fake tears. As a lifetime laker hater and I definitely hated Kobe too, I'm deeply saddened. I couldn't stop thinking about it all day. I was training a couple of girls today who are 12 and they didn't understand the severity of this. This hurts me. Yeah it's a rivalry with the lakers, but Laker fans would feel the same way if Duncan had died. It's a respect thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't think I would but I teared up a little when both teams were letting the shot clock run out. The gesture itself was kind of corny but the sadness in the building was palpable. Seeing Timmy, Becks, and Sean wiping away tears got me.

Probably wasnt crying for Kobe the person as much as I was about the fact that a big part of my childhood was gone like that. Really opens your eyes to how fragile life is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't think I would but I teared up a little when both teams were letting the shot clock run out. The gesture itself was kind of corny but the sadness in the building was palpable. Seeing Timmy, Becks, and Sean wiping away tears got me.

Probably wasnt crying for Kobe the person as much as I was about the fact that a big part of my childhood was gone like that. Really opens your eyes to how fragile life is.
    It's really fragile man. We're just flesh and bones getting in machines that go 70+ mph on roads and getting in these things that can fall right out of the sky for whatever reason. Don't take life for granted

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Language is so limiting. He made so many of the Spurs championships better, more entertaining because beating his Lakers meant something. In the same breath, losing to his Lakers hurt that much more. One of the true greats that made us all feel something by playing the game of basketball. Unbelievable. I can’t speak for everyone, but Spurs nation hurts with you Lakers fans.
    So freaking classy...
    As many were on here today...
    Yes some Spur fans are still ty but this was great to see thank you...
    But it still hurts...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't think it's any fake tears. As a lifetime laker hater and I definitely hated Kobe too, I'm deeply saddened. I couldn't stop thinking about it all day. I was training a couple of girls today who are 12 and they didn't understand the severity of this. This hurts me. Yeah it's a rivalry with the lakers, but Laker fans would feel the same way if Duncan had died. It's a respect thing.
    This.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm just stunned to hear this news; it's tragic to see a great man die so young. And to lose a daughter too who hadn't hit the prime of her life yet. I can't imagine what it's like for Vanessa to have to bury a husband and a daughter. I feel fortunate to have gotten to see Kobe play in-person three times, even though one of them was a really bitter playoff loss where he kicked the Spurs ass. RIP to a legend and condolences to the entire Southland. Having lived in Los Angeles for a lot of Kobe's career I know just how much he has always meant to the area. Damn I was really looking forward to seeing him and Tim go into the Hall of Fame together too. Just leaves me with a rotten feeling in my stomach hearing this horrific news.
    That came to mind earlier too its one of the Goat classes and it would have been amazing to see them both...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same tbh. I hated him for 20+ years. But this isn't him blowing out his achilles....

Dude was in the prime of his life and that got snuffed out. Lost a daughter as well. That's tragic regardless of how famous a person he is but the fact that he was a big part of my childhood (especially growing up in Los Angeles) makes it hit that much harder. Just a tragedy, plain and simple.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That came to mind earlier too its one of the Goat classes and it would have been amazing to see them both...
    Sorry man, I know this has to hit you in a way it just can't hit a Spurs fan. But it still hits Spurs fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i still cannot process this

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe is an icon, an idol, and an inspiration, basketball or not.

His dedication to winning, his hard work, the way he expected the best out of himself and his teammates... unparalleled.

Kudos to the icon. The one thing I truly applauded was his utmost respect for the game. And it showed, even in his movie.

Basketball and the whole world will miss you, Kobe. Rest in peace to you and Gianna.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My favorite Spurs moment during the Duncan era was beating the Lakers in game 6 of the '03 playoffs. I enjoyed it so much seeing Kobe cry since him Shaq had caused so much pain during the rivalry the previous few years. From time to time I still watch the clip and got joy out of it. As weird as this sounds I can't enjoy that clip anymore with Kobe being deceased. It takes the feeling of joy I got from it knowing that he's no longer around. I can't laugh at it and taunt my Laker friends outside of here.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald J. Trump
    realDonaldTrump
    Reports are that basketball great Kobe Bryant and three others have been killed in a helicopter crash in California. That is terrible news
    too bad it wasnt trump in a crash

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sorry man, I know this has to hit you in a way it just can't hit a Spurs fan. But it still hits Spurs fans.
    Appreciate it, Bum.
    This hits hard...
    Thing is, he seemed to be finally at peace (with his place/legacy) on and off the court. Love him or hate he struggled to find his place in the world he wanted to be the fake image MJ portrayed but his failings were what made him more like MJ...
    Great compe or, Second best SG ever second best to Tim in 2000's... neither are a bad place to be...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Appreciate it, Bum.
    This hits hard...
    Thing is, he seemed to be finally at peace (with his place/legacy) on and off the court. Love him or hate he struggled to find his place in the world he wanted to be the fake image MJ portrayed but his failings were what made him more like MJ...
    Great compe or, Second best SG ever second best to Tim in 2000's... neither are a bad place to be...
    One thing I found about Kobe is that he had it tough growing up not in the sense financially but socially. He was always a social outcast to some degree every where he went. Going to Italy at a young age and being the only black kid in a class filled with Italian kids. He had to adapt to that and learn Italian. Then coming back to the US and not fitting in with black American kids due to being socially different and having to relearn American culture. Then going straight to the NBA he was put in another situation of being a social out cast. He was too young when he came to the Lakers while the Laker players were all significantly older. That situation also made him an outcast again. Kobe trying to find himself socially was a bigger challenge for him then playing on the basketball court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many great memories of growing up watching Kobe (even if I was cheering against him most of the time). Most influential ball player of his generation. I remember feeling really happy for him when he had his unforgettable 60-point final game, despite all the rivalries. An extraordinary person. RIP to all the lives lost in the crash.

Thread Information