Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always hated Kobe the player and not looking forward to this tragedy inevitably leading to people overrating him even more.

But he was undoubtedly a huge part of my childhood as a Spurs fan. It's sad to see a part of your childhood gone just like that and it really makes you realize how fragile life is. That even someone larger than life can be gone in an instant. I think that's what hits hard since it's not like we knew Kobe personally.
    Nail on the head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More details coming out the Pilot knew about the Fog and was flying at a low al ude to avoid it so he must have hit a patch of fog and had no visibility, lost control of the chopper and they flew it into the ground and crashed, chopper exploded. Makes the most sense other than mechanical failure of the chopper. They shouldn't have been taking that chopper out if they knew there was fog. I have seen car accidents happen in front of me from driving in dense fog through the years, I can't imagine the reaction time you would have flying a helicopter in a foggy patch flying at a low al ude. Poor decision to fly that chopper out in it. Tragic and sad but they knew about the fog and it could have been prevented.
    This is all on the idiot pilot. Ruined his own family’s life and ended 8 others

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always hated Kobe the player and not looking forward to this tragedy inevitably leading to people overrating him even more.

But he was undoubtedly a huge part of my childhood as a Spurs fan. It's sad to see a part of your childhood gone just like that and it really makes you realize how fragile life is. That even someone larger than life can be gone in an instant. I think that's what hits hard since it's not like we knew Kobe personally.
    He is not overrated at all.. Most people say he is top 10, you can make a case for top 5. He did it all on the court. Nothing he did not accomplish, and only a very select few did more than he did.. For a generation of Jordan fans, that had kids of their own, Kobe was their Jordan.. He deserves to get the love for his career he is going to get.. It's fair..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is all on the idiot pilot. Ruined his own family’s life and ended 8 others
    Kobe flew in the chopper non-stop. So maybe this was his reg long term pilot and they did it many times before in poor conditions. Who knows?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is not overrated at all.. Most people say he is top 10, you can make a case for top 5. He did it all on the court. Nothing he did not accomplish, and only a very select few did more than he did.. For a generation of Jordan fans, that had kids of their own, Kobe was their Jordan.. He deserves to get the love for his career he is going to get.. It's fair..
    let's relax...kobe isnt top 5...just because it's undoubtedly a sad situation doesnt mean we need to rewrite history

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let's relax...kobe isnt top 5...just because it's undoubtedly a sad situation doesnt mean we need to rewrite history
    I personally have him top 10.. Always thought he and Duncan were the same in terms of legacy.. But you can make the case for top 5.. Again who really did more than Kobe on the court? Jordan is about it honestly. Championships and individual greatness. He was amazing. Try to remove the personal bias if you have any..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe had a better offensive skillset than Mike tbh
    He also regularly played against better better defenders

MJ had midgets and off duty mall cops guarding him 95% of the time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    18 time All Star
    5 NBA les
    2 Finals MVP's
    2 scoring les
    League MVP
    Was 3rd all time in scoring before Lebron passed it..

Whatever the league wants to do in honoring him is all good for me.. What a resume..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally have him top 10.. Always thought he and Duncan were the same in terms of legacy.. But you can make the case for top 5.. Again who really did more than Kobe on the court? Jordan is about it honestly. Championships and individual greatness. He was amazing. Try to remove the personal bias if you have any..
    alright bro...im not gonna get into a Kobe is top 5 argument...anyone who would think that isnt worth speaking logic to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe had a better offensive skillset than Mike tbh
    He also regularly played against better better defenders

MJ had midgets and off duty mall cops guarding him 95% of the time
    The hardest part of being an all time great is the longevity. Players come along put up numbers usually quickly get overrated, and fall off.. But to play at such a high level for as long as he did is crazy..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    alright bro...im not gonna get into a Kobe is top 5 argument...anyone who would think that isnt worth speaking logic to
    Can you read? I did not say I think he is top 5.. I said you can make the case..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you read? I did not say I think he is top 5.. I said you can make the case..
    i wasnt referring to u...u said u think he is arguably top 10...fine...i personally think he is between 15 and 10...i was more speaking about anyone who thinks he is arguably top 5...i cant speak to those ppl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kobe was above lebron when he retired and he’ll honestly always be above him, along with Duncan.

lebron is barely a top 10 player all time, if that. 3-6 steamrolling the East for years then getting cucked when it counted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kobe was above lebron when he retired and he’ll honestly always be above him, along with Duncan.

lebron is barely a top 10 player all time, if that. 3-6 steamrolling the East for years then getting cucked when it counted
    im no lebron fan, but lebron is definitely higher on the list than kobe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe flew in the chopper non-stop. So maybe this was his reg long term pilot and they did it many times before in poor conditions. Who knows?
    he’s still the guy paid to fly the chopper. checklists, safety checks, prudence to not fly
    into a mountain are all on him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he’s still the guy paid to fly the chopper. checklists, safety checks, prudence to not fly
    into a mountain are all on him
    It is.. This is where working for a celeb or just someone really rich can be problematic.. They want what they want. I am sure Kobe having flown what thousands of times was not worried about the fog in the slightest.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You two are like the ing Coronavirus. As soon as you show up the humans begin to suffer headaches and nausea.

Any thread you touch should be quarantined and allowed to die.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take Kobe over him in a 7 game series with basically equal teams. Say his 2009 Lakers VS Lebron's Heat of 2013.. He will outplay Lebron. As we know Lebron can shy away from the super pressure moments.. A 7 game series with Kobe. That's crazy pressure..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You two are like the ing Coronavirus. As soon as you show up the humans begin to suffer headaches and nausea.

Lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hey when is that spurs rockets replay going to happen?

toast to one of ST’s resident dumb mother ers

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is like Dirk with me. Someone that I hated in the moment but always respected. Then as I aged and time went by learned to appreciate more and more. And even respect.

With the benefit of time I looked back more fondly on Kobe. I enjoyed the battles and experiences more looking back which is crazy because I loved them in the moment they were happening.

This is a global event that will be felt for a long time.

I’m not into celebrity but people acting like feeling something for Kobe means you don’t care about strangers is one of the most silly things.

These types of events always show two things: 1) there’s a lot of people who still need to grow up and mature emotionally and 2) that we live in apathy and events like this stir something in people. Makes you want to assess your life because it’s a gift and it’s finite. Appreciate it and do good with your time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe was my favorite player to watch in the early 2000's, but he was playing for the ing Lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

u are criticizing tewo ppl who have the opposite opinions on something...that means it's personal to u....u dont actually have an issue with what we are saying...u just dont like is...very telling

Thread Information