• Yes, he's the future PG of this team

10 20.41%
  • No, he's better as a 3-and-D wing

39 79.59%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is not a PG. Two primary skills for PGs are to be able to dribble and pass. Murray's handles are terrible still and his vision is sorely lacking. Spurs SL offense is terrible for many reasons but big reason is the person running our offense is just not good at it. I like Murray and was all aboard the hype train at the beginning of the year. And I think coming off injury we need to give him another year before giving up on him. But the fact that he's in his 3rd year as Spurs PG and still can barely dribble a basketball is pretty concerning

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a funny thread because a bunch of folks (me included) before the season said White is the better option starting at point guard and Dejounte wasn’t really a point guard as of all he had previously shown.
    I was one of those people too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he needs more experience and has to continue to work on tightening his handles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you cant shoot, cant make decisions on what to do on a break going to the rim, you're really no threat on offense....Are you really anything in 2020 in the basketball world. People here crucify Forbes.... At least that is a real threat at something

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    If you cant shoot, cant make decisions on what to do on a break going to the rim, you're really no threat on offense....Are you really anything in 2020 in the basketball world. People here crucify Forbes.... At least that is a real threat at something
    he's a threat to get butt ed on defense which is infinitely worse imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need option for positions 2 and 3. Depending on the opponent he can / cannot hang with 3's. Regardless, he does much better catching a pass on the move then creating. Vs being PG. Turn him loose with White, Lonnie IV and two other deserving players and they would turn in some impressive transition offense. On defense, Grandpa has been forcing him to play with Forbes so the #s are skewed.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not a PG. Said it since he was a rookie. The problem is, this team hasn't placed a premium on PG's in years. It may be Pop's biggest failing, and it never gets talked about.

Even if White could get back to where he was last year, he was just adequate as an NBA PG, and there was no backup to run the offense with the subs. Patty isn't a PG, Bryn isn't a PG, and Murray isn't a PG.

I keep saying. Fort Wayne of the G-League has a guy named Walt Lemon. He had a "bad" game last game. Only 12 points - to go with 9 AST and 7 boards. AND he can shoot 3's. Put a guy like that on the roster as backup PG and this is a different team. Between White and him, DDR could get served a little, which would make him even more of a terror on offense. Then trade Bryn for one of those nasty Santa's elf Chicago cheerleaders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. He doesn’t have the handles. It doesn’t take a Patrick Beverly to pick him. His passing is iffy, and worst in traffic. He is not aggressive enough, nor has the outside shot to pull defenders away and create opportunities. Nope, PG DJ is not. He is best suited for shooting guard who doesn’t need to worry about anything, but creating his own shot. I would put him at 3 and D, if Lonnie wasn’t better at it. Even WSpoon is better at playing PG tbh. I love Murray’s potential of becoming a real good 2way player. But PG he is not. White is better at it. Start White please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now he is a game manager, he won't win or lose you the game. Nothing more nothing less as of now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not a PG. Said it since he was a rookie. The problem is, this team hasn't placed a premium on PG's in years. It may be Pop's biggest failing, and it never gets talked about.

Even if White could get back to where he was last year, he was just adequate as an NBA PG, and there was no backup to run the offense with the subs. Patty isn't a PG, Bryn isn't a PG, and Murray isn't a PG.

I keep saying. Fort Wayne of the G-League has a guy named Walt Lemon. He had a "bad" game last game. Only 12 points - to go with 9 AST and 7 boards. AND he can shoot 3's. Put a guy like that on the roster as backup PG and this is a different team. Between White and him, DDR could get served a little, which would make him even more of a terror on offense. Then trade Bryn for one of those nasty Santa's elf Chicago cheerleaders.
    I have seen you tout Lemon in the past. I did a little research and discovered that he has had a call-up or two to the NBA. I don't know the cir stances surrounding those call-ups, his performance and why he hasn't stuck. As I recall he is 27, and it has been over a year since he got called up. With all the teams that need a good PG, why do you think he is still laboring in the G League? In the big 3 old school stats, he fills the box score, but I haven't checked on any advanced metrics nor have I seen him play.

I like White as a PG more than you, but he needs a coach who will invest in him completely, which Pop obviously hasn't done. You are absolutely right about the plethora of SGs we have and the lack of attention Pop has paid to the PG position. I wouldn't mind making sufficient moves to kick the tires on Lemon, but once again that is completely dependent on the Old Asshole, who I feel sure doesn't see the need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have seen you tout Lemon in the past. I did a little research and discovered that he has had a call-up or two to the NBA. I don't know the cir stances surrounding those call-ups, his performance and why he hasn't stuck. As I recall he is 27, and it has been over a year since he got called up. With all the teams that need a good PG, why do you think he is still laboring in the G League? In the big 3 old school stats, he fills the box score, but I haven't checked on any advanced metrics nor have I seen him play.

I like White as a PG more than you, but he needs a coach who will invest in him completely, which Pop obviously hasn't done. You are absolutely right about the plethora of SGs we have and the lack of attention Pop has paid to the PG position. I wouldn't mind making sufficient moves to kick the tires on Lemon, but once again that is completely dependent on the Old Asshole, who I feel sure doesn't see the need.

I like White as a PG. I think Pop damaged him this summer, but obviously there's no way to prove that. But assume that White is still a serviceable NBA-level point... who is the Spurs' backup PG? I don't hate Murray, but he's not really a point guard. We've long since concluded that Mills and Forbes aren't points. And before White broke out last season, who did PATFO think the PG's were? That's the point I was making. And it goes back several years. Tony had lost two steps. Still a very good player, but marginal if the team planned to be a contender. And behind him was pretty much nothing. Pop hasn't prioritized point guards in years.

I don't think in any way that Lemon is a top-tier NBA PG or anything close, and I was never talking about him as a long term solution. But he's better than anything else the Spurs have in the way of a backup PG. He's a better defender than Forbes (obviously). He scores in bunches, and can shoot the 3. And he's a good distributor. He was picked up a couple of times as insurance, but wasn't needed except for a few games in Chicago, and he turned in some good performances there.

It's all about context. If I was a Mavs fan, I wouldn't be talking about him, because they don't need him. But this team would get better with him distributing part of the time. I was convinced this season was going nowhere from way back, but I thought it was a way to get some of the young guys fed.
    He could be signed for a min contract for the remainder of the year, which is nearly nothing.
    Mostly, he would present a way to get rid of Bryn. I've never looked at him in a general NBA context - just as a comparison to what the team has, and needs, and could remotely afford.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like White as a PG. I think Pop damaged him this summer, but obviously there's no way to prove that. But assume that White is still a serviceable NBA-level point... who is the Spurs' backup PG? I don't hate Murray, but he's not really a point guard. We've long since concluded that Mills and Forbes aren't points. And before White broke out last season, who did PATFO think the PG's were? That's the point I was making. And it goes back several years. Tony had lost two steps. Still a very good player, but marginal if the team planned to be a contender. And behind him was pretty much nothing. Pop hasn't prioritized point guards in years.

I don't think in any way that Lemon is a top-tier NBA PG or anything close, and I was never talking about him as a long term solution. But he's better than anything else the Spurs have in the way of a backup PG. He's a better defender than Forbes (obviously). He scores in bunches, and can shoot the 3. And he's a good distributor. He was picked up a couple of times as insurance, but wasn't needed except for a few games in Chicago, and he turned in some good performances there.

It's all about context. If I was a Mavs fan, I wouldn't be talking about him, because they don't need him. But this team would get better with him distributing part of the time. I was convinced this season was going nowhere from way back, but I thought it was a way to get some of the young guys fed.
    He could be signed for a min contract for the remainder of the year, which is nearly nothing.
    Mostly, he would present a way to get rid of Bryn. I've never looked at him in a general NBA context - just as a comparison to what the team has, and needs, and could remotely afford.
    Yeah, like I said, I would like to make the moves necessary to give your man a chance. But the first of those moves would have to be deposing the Old Asshole. He would have to go before Bryn could ever be supplanted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, like I said, I would like to make the moves necessary to give your man a chance. But the first of those moves would have to be deposing the Old Asshole. He would have to go before Bryn could ever be supplanted.

Another prophecy shot to . I think something happened to me when I spend that year shacked up with Cassandra.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another prophecy shot to . I think something happened to me when I spend that year shacked up with Cassandra.
    A hot (if slightly touched) young woman can mess with anybody's mind - mortal or immortal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's not a point guard he's a point god

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should shoot that dribble dribble pull up 10 times a game. Spurs need the offense and Murray can rise up and make that shot.
    Not much of a PG but still he needs to take and make that shot.

Thread Information