• Yes, he's the future PG of this team

10 20.41%
  • No, he's better as a 3-and-D wing

39 79.59%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His basketball IQ is not high, he turns it over too much, often doesn't make the right reads and is not finishing well around the rim. His 3% is decent and I think he should shoot them more. Wouldn't he be more effective in a Danny Green type of role where he ain't doing to much and is just focused on shooting open 3s and defending?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you really have to ask

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Games like today's really highlight how much better he is when he's not tasked with the load of offensive sets and ball-handling. He's much more eager to take 3's off a pass than pulling up, and he's got every tool for finishing at the rim even though he's very uncoordinated right now. White as the starting PG with DJ at the 2 would be a lot better for the team, though the question arises about ballhandlers for the second unit. Overall, a way overdue experiment from Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a terrible point guard but as shown today he can succeed in another role

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing is if DJ is the SG Pop can't play Forbes. So that will only happen in spurts when he goes to the 4-guard line up

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. He's a scoring guard being asked to play point. Like Jamal Murray.

Deaaron fox?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a scoring pg... He is still young... He can learn how to run a team... He clearly isn't stupid and works hard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, this is the site that wanted to move Parker out, lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Higher ceiling, lower floor for Murray at PG. Unfortunately it looks to be going the direction of the latter. Replacing Forbes as the team's starting SG seems like it would improve a lot of present issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Higher ceiling, lower floor for Murray at PG. Unfortunately it looks to be going the direction of the latter. Replacing Forbes as the team's starting SG seems like it would improve a lot of present issues.

Replacing forbes doesnt mean spurs have an actual pg,tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a scoring pg... He is still young... He can learn how to run a team... He clearly isn't stupid and works hard

100% agree.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a quality player on a great contract coming off of a devastating injury. Murray is the least of the Spurs' problems

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray has not proven to have the mental ap ude to be a PG. Not yet.
    Maybe someday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is equipped with the tools, have the work ethics, he just need experience of playing the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well DDRnis really playing PG more often than not

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. As I've said in the past, his and their goal should be transforming him into something like a less defensively versatile Smart (due to his lack of strength).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing as a point guard you have it or you don’t and that is court vision really hard to improve that it’s not like shooting free throws. To me and I hate to sound like a broken record but from day one you could tell he just doesn’t have good court vision they just need to move him to SG and try and make him a better Green type of defense shoot the 3 from the corner SG. To me White is way better at running the point with his passing and his handles he is able to keep his dribble alive while going into the defense and either make a good pass or able to pull up and shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing as a point guard you have it or you don’t and that is court vision really hard to improve that it’s not like shooting free throws. To me and I hate to sound like a broken record but from day one you could tell he just doesn’t have good court vision they just need to move him to SG and try and make him a better Green type of defense shoot the 3 from the corner SG. To me White is way better at running the point with his passing and his handles he is able to keep his dribble alive while going into the defense and either make a good pass or able to pull up and shoot.
    I see it the same way. The kid just doesn't make the right reads most of the time

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this moment of time, DjM is not well equipped to be our main PG. Moved him to SG and let him concentrate on penetrating and finishing and improves on his 3s. After that then try to let him play as a secondary playmaker and see what can he do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He and Derrick White are both Combo Gaurds. Pop is trying to play position less basketball it seems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Court vision and instantly finding the open man or making the right play has to essentially be instinct out there on the floor. You can see Murray trying to figure it out rather than feeling it.

I think he's getting better, but he's definitely a second-tier point guard in this league at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a funny thread because a bunch of folks (me included) before the season said White is the better option starting at point guard and Dejounte wasn’t really a point guard as of all he had previously shown.

I believe he will get better at running the offense with time but he isn’t really a point guard. Him and white should definitely log more together on the court with DeRozan though. That should optimize the defense and if Dejounte keeps not being afraid to let the jumpers fly in spot up situations it should help him on offense when defenders close out hard on him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade him while he still has value. His game is at a standstill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess if he can learn to shoot he'd be a great 3 and D. But he's not a natural shooter either. Still, easier than giving him court vision and PG instincts that he doesn't seem to possess. And after 4 years he still hasn't improved those handles much.

And isn't Lonnie our 2 of the future? As long as DeMar is here one of Walker/White/DJ is gonna be off the bench. Kinda think it should be DJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude can't really even dribble the ball all too well, of course he isn't a PG, tbh.

Thread Information