Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/san-antoni...orrying-trend/

Be sure to keep checking the SpursTalk homepage for more articles from the staff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their most clutch 4th quarter player is derozan...let that sink in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like Spurs and basketball. Not just fourth quarters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like Spurs and basketball. Not just fourth quarters.
    that part

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep Bryn and Marco in the fourth and that equates certain defeat. Patty is another whom doesn’t belong in the fourth, especially when you need stops. Walker needs more minutes in the fourth, and Murray needs to know how to finish at the rim and not get caught up in the air with the ball (turn overs). Lyles just plain sucks. Starts for what purpose? He’s scared to make a lay up. You know what, this club just stinks.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I appreciate the articles, and the time you guys are taking to write them. You might want to consider an addendum to this one that talks about in-game adjustments, plus the fact that when a team consistently under-performs in the same identifialble way, you have to point a lot of the blame at the coach.

You could argue that the Spurs simply lack the talent. It's true that they have a poorly constructed roster, but if they have the talent to hang for three quarters, that explanation is a little thin. This team is poorly coached. More to the point, it really appears that they are seldom coached. The mental lapses and poor clock management would always be laid at the feet of the coach... if it was any other coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the regular season a lot of teams only lock down on D in the 4th quarter. We, on the other hand, roll out there with the dual-headed defensive tandem of Mills and Forbes. So when other teams are bringing the heat, we counter with a defensive scheme known as the "Matador Midgets", providing not one, but two unimpeded opportunities to exploit our defensive weaknesses on every 4th quarter possession.

It's good stuff...if you're trying to lose.

Thread Information