Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
    You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am trying to have a logical discussion. Sometimes, it really is about makes and misses...and he missed a free throw that would've tied the game at the very end. I'm not crucifying him or stating something that isn't true. As for Game 6, every player ed up in that last quarter of play.
    But Kawhi missed 1 of 2 in the closing seconds that would have kept it from going to O/T and won the LOB. Never in the history of the NBA has there been a missed FT that was costlier than that one.

If you can blame this loss on that one missed FT by DeMar, then you have to blame a whole missed Championship on the same kind of miss from Kawhi. Can't have it both ways.

You didn't say anything that wasn't true about DeMar missing the FT. But, yeah, you kinda are crucifying him by hanging the loss on it. If you need a win that badly, I'll give it to you. You're right, I'm wrong. DeRozan is responsible for the loss tonight, because he missed a FT. Sleep well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray, White, and Walker are shooting 37%, 38%, and 40% from three for the season. These guys should be firing away, but instead they stand around and watch DeRozan dominate the ball with isolation plays, mid-range shots, and drives into traffic. Even if he shoots 50%, it's just not a good plan of attack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strange occurrence in Utah. Houston is going in there without westbrick and hardumb and pulling out a win. San Antonio may beat them next game
    The Jazz are 19-2 in their last 21 games and Eric Gordon exploded for 48 points. Not a chance the Spurs win this game. How can you even say this after tonight’s game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strange occurrence in Utah. Houston is going in there without westbrick and hardumb and pulling out a win. San Antonio may beat them next game
    Gordon went off for 50. No chance in any Spur does that.

mitc will still obliterate us. Jazz gonna win easily by 30+.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu was just OK. He got in DDRs way a few times.
    He did not shrink under the moment.
    He was lost a bit in D. And I would think he needs to hold his screens at the top of the key. I am pretty sure he slipped every screen he set and therefore he did not rub a defender off of the ball handler.
    Baby steps.
    Fair points. he did try to slip every screen that I remember. He needs to make contact and then roll hard, otherwise teams will wise up to the fact that he is always trying to slip the screen.

He also didn't know where to stand while DDR was operating in the paint.

Both are easily fixable though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Jazz are 19-2 in their last 21 games and Eric Gordon exploded for 48 points. Not a chance the Spurs win this game. How can you even say this after tonight’s game?
    Yeah, if anything, UTA is going to come out focused as after taking a wounded opponent lightly and getting embarrassed. UTA while winning a lot of games, has not overly impressed me if I’m being honest. They are obviously good, especially for regular season with their focus on defense most nights.

But UTA is going to beat SA IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, if anything, UTA is going to come out focused as after taking a wounded opponent lightly and getting embarrassed. UTA while winning a lot of games, has not overly impressed me if I’m being honest. They are obviously good, especially for regular season with their focus on defense most nights.

But UTA is going to beat SA IMO.
    yeah, if anything this lights a fire under their ass and they’ll put a whooping on us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be Andrew Wiggins.
    Jo Jo White was bad ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair points. he did try to slip every screen that I remember. He needs to make contact and then roll hard, otherwise teams will wise up to the fact that he is always trying to slip the screen.

He also didn't know where to stand while DDR was operating in the paint.

Both are easily fixable though.
    But that athleticism that Lyles is missing though..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am trying to have a logical discussion. Sometimes, it really is about makes and misses...and he missed a free throw that would've tied the game at the very end. ...
    Neither of you noticed he missed intentionally to try to get the rebound for the win. Which he almost did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Kawhi missed 1 of 2 in the closing seconds that would have kept it from going to O/T and won the LOB. Never in the history of the NBA has there been a missed FT that was costlier than that one.

If you can blame this loss on that one missed FT by DeMar, then you have to blame a whole missed Championship on the same kind of miss from Kawhi. Can't have it both ways.

You didn't say anything that wasn't true about DeMar missing the FT. But, yeah, you kinda are crucifying him by hanging the loss on it. If you need a win that badly, I'll give it to you. You're right, I'm wrong. DeRozan is responsible for the loss tonight, because he missed a FT. Sleep well.
    You're missing my main point though. Load Management wasn't the alpha of the team then. He was 4th in the pecking order unlike DeRozan who is our #1 guy. Manu also missed a huge free throw in that game. Again, the blame goes around everyone for that game just like it does for tonight. But as our #1 guy, it's unfortunate that Derozan couldn't prevent us from losing when he had a free throw to take it to OT. It was literally in his hands in the end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither of you noticed he missed intentionally to try to get the rebound for the win. Which he almost did.
    There was like .02 of a second left though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh - you can’t be serious lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was like .02 of a second left though.
    Um hm. But you're writing as if he simply missed the FT when what he did was bounce it off the heel right back to himself. You could argue he shouldn't have tried it, because of lack of time, and I won't argue that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh - you can’t be serious lol
    Bruh, you're a moron. Lol!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh, you're a moron. Lol!
    But at least I’m really good looking. So Ive always been able to get by on that alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But at least I’m really good looking. So Ive always been able to get by on that alone.
    But you're like 5'3 so...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Hart is 5'2 looks like a toe and his wife is hot, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oddly enough, hasn’t mattered. Very Tom Cruise-ish. You can overcome a height deficit when you are ridiculously good looking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people so happy when this team is lottery bound. Next years draft sucks. Anyways its pops fault for playing bryck so we cant blame anyone else. you bryck!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people so happy when this team is lottery bound. Next years draft sucks. Anyways its pops fault for playing bryck so we cant blame anyone else. you bryck!

Wether happy or sad it is what it is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That fake start whistle happened before to the Spurs in the playoffs. Clippers game 7 2015

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i knew demar would miss he is the worst good free throw shooter, the most unclutch free throw shooter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this season ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oddly enough, hasn’t mattered. Very Tom Cruise-ish. You can overcome a height deficit when you are ridiculously good looking.

Thread Information