Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh that Metu and Lonnie looked good out there. Tbh Pop should've put Metu instead of Poeltl to close

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan is a hard working, talented guy. He would be an outstanding 3rd option and a pretty good second option. The Spurs don't have a big dog on their roster right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad Spurs don’t have an all around better team. Given that DDR is the highest paid player and he and the whole world considers him the leader and a star. Gotta make those free throws at clutch time.
    Happens way too often that he comes up short at the crucial moment.
    Alas my poor Spurs are going through tough times- it’s hard to watch.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He missed the last one and we lost by one. Finish what you started. If he's the leader of the team, he can't miss that free throw without taking any blame. That may sound harsh but we shouldn't expect him to miss a free throw that big. And like DPG points out, he's been having free throw issues all year in the 4th quarter.

Oh me. I know better than to try to have a logic discussion here after a loss, even with someone like you.

I'd like to know whether you blamed the loss of a championship on Kawhi when he missed 1 of 2 at the end of Game 6. I'm talking about the night it happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, the lack of consistent play and good execution is really weird to watch. Low expectations are not fun to see realized. This bunch is not that great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has any other team in the NBA had their starting backcourt get 4 points for the entire game? I don’t think so. Spurs are playing way out of the NBA’s league skill set. GLeague teams would beat them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not even blaming the players. Granted Demar should've sunk those. Champs do. But Pop rotation is awful. Why put Forbes and pull Lonnie when you had the lead? Just to give it back again with no defense? It's as if Pop is toying with Spurs fans. He can't be this dumb..
    Oh yeah I think pop is the biggest problem in all of this. And my last point about the at ude differences between the Grizzlies and Spurs is more of a criticism towards Pop than the players. I’m convinced the players want to win, but Pop isn’t putting them in the best position to succeed. He’s not doing a good coaching job this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, badmouthing Forbes is just like a broken record, but even more concerning is Murray's regression. Aside from his occasional ability to knock down a jumper, I don't see any vast improvement in his game. His handles are still loose and sloppy, he's been making terrible decisions with passes, he runs some of the worst fast breaks I've ever seen...even his defense seems to have taken a step back. He's quickly learning those tricks he learned playing in summer pick up games doesn't translate to NBA action.

Forbes is obviously getting way more minutes than he deserves, but Dejounte is that one that was supposed to be the anointed leader and savior, yet the Spurs just play better when Mills or White are running the show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, badmouthing Forbes is just like a broken record, but even more concerning is Murray's regression. Aside from his occasional ability to knock down a jumper, I don't see any vast improvement in his game. His handles are still loose and sloppy, he's been making terrible decisions with passes, he runs some of the worst fast breaks I've ever seen...even his defense seems to have taken a step back. He's quickly learning those tricks he learned playing in summer pick up games doesn't translate to NBA action.

Forbes is also getting way more minutes than he deserves, but Dejounte is that one that was supposed to be the anointed leader and savior, yet the Spurs just play better when Mills or White are running the show.
    This year has not been good for Murray. Perhaps another off season of training and working on his game will bear fruit next year. He was on the shelf for most of the last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the end of the day our main issues are beyond one player or coach. They are: starting a glorified G Leaguer at SG, starting Lyles who's best suited as bench player, poor 4th quarter execution from the entire team, bad rotations, giving second chance opportunities, and Murray/White have been major disappointments. Way too many problems to want to see a playoff appearance. I look forward to the offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA was really good last season and just pretty good this season. He is an aging player now. Younger guys have to step up at some point.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more we lose and the more memphis wins the more likely we blow this up...so charlotte...come on down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Forbes is obviously getting way more minutes than he deserves, but Dejounte is that one that was supposed to be the anointed leader and savior, yet the Spurs just play better when Mills or White are running the show.
    Very true and although I wasn’t highly sold on Murray like others were on here, I was really rooting for him to break out. Truth be told, outside of Demar, the rest of the guys have been either inconsistent or just bad. There’s a lot of finger pointing to go around with this roster construction and coaching. How many times this year have we seen them put together a nice stretch of games only to take steps back right after? It hasn’t been pleasant to watch, but this is the reality of the team right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yet White has regressed too. That can't be overlooked either. Yet they both need to use the rest of the season to soak up more minutes, especially together, and learn through their mistakes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao this team

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we even have a GM?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh me. I know better than to try to have a logic discussion here after a loss, even with someone like you.

I'd like to know whether you blamed the loss of a championship on Kawhi when he missed 1 of 2 at the end of Game 6. I'm talking about the night it happened.
    I am trying to have a logical discussion. Sometimes, it really is about makes and misses...and he missed a free throw that would've tied the game at the very end. I'm not crucifying him or stating something that isn't true. As for Game 6, every player ed up in that last quarter of play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw that the bulls were favored tonight anyways.. Spurs have really fallen off..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are just not the Spurs I've been proud to call my favorite team for the last 20+ years. Multiple poor defenders on the floor at the same time, isolation plays on offense with the clock winding down, mediocre plan of attack and decision making... this is an average team doing average things, with too many young guys deferring to DeRozan, who will get praised for scoring 36... Opposing coaches really don't care if DeRozan shoots 50% from the field while never daring a three pointer. They're thrilled that White, Murray, & Walker only score 8 points on 10 shots.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know, the truth is that the Spurs got a LOT of deep penetrations into the paint tonight. Shots that should be higher-percentage takes. They have a bunch of young guys who just aren't worth a damn at finishing when they're moving even a little bit, unless it's an actual layup or a dunk. If they don't miss so many of those chip shots, it's a humiliating home loss for the Bulls.

I don't konw what the team can do about that. Those shots aren't really Chip's think, I don't think. Could they get someone like Manu to come back and work with them? I don't think the team does much of that sort of thing during the season. All I know is that a lot of the shots the guys are putting up from deep in the paint aren't even close to going in. Make some better efforts, and a few of them have to get a bounce and drop. That would have been enough tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Metu looked good out there, athletic and pretty nimble on closeouts. If he can consistently hit outside shots, he could take Lyles minutes, better defense.
    He does look viable as an option next year. Very mobile. There was a play where he fell on end of the floor and still managed to beat several players down the floor without really even trying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn’t like SA played awful all night. They just aren’t good. At least not good enough to where they can play meh and still win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet White has regressed too. That can't be overlooked either. Yet they both need to use the rest of the season to soak up more minutes, especially together, and learn through their mistakes.
    I wouldn’t even Call Murrays play a regression. He’s still better than he has ever been he might not live up to expectations of people on this site but he definitely hasn’t regressed. Thats not the case for White though Murray is coming off an ACL injury and has played 41 games in like the last 22 months. I won’t begin to judge him until next season. On the other hand White has no excuse he’s turning 26 this year and still plays like he’s a timid 22 year old smh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu was just OK. He got in DDRs way a few times.
    He did not shrink under the moment.
    He was lost a bit in D. And I would think he needs to hold his screens at the top of the key. I am pretty sure he slipped every screen he set and therefore he did not rub a defender off of the ball handler.
    Baby steps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strange occurrence in Utah. Houston is going in there without westbrick and hardumb and pulling out a win. San Antonio may beat them next game

Thread Information