My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop: There’s more important things in life than basketball.

Meanwhile, Pop still coaching at 70 years old refusing to walk away. smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A day after Booker single handedly beat the Spurs, now it’s Siakam. Geez Pop already knows it’s coming and still can’t defend, plays Lonnie 16 minutes. Pop F. Your best players Demar and Aldridge did not show up, both F. Murray is NOT a PG. Start White or play Murray 3 and D

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A day after Booker single handedly beat the Spurs, now it’s Siakam. Geez Pop already knows it’s coming and still can’t defend, plays Lonnie 16 minutes. Pop F. Your best players Demar and Aldridge did not show up, both F. Murray is NOT a PG. Start White or play Murray 3 and D

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks OP

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very promising rotations in the 2nd half. Unfortunately we might not ever see it again.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The Spurs players were obviously down." So Pop did a good job of dealing with it, but the Spurs lost because Kobe.

But he Raptors' players weren't as obviously down. How is that possible? Maybe Nurse found a way to get his team to focus on the game. Maybe Pop's enormous social awareness has influenced his players. Either way, the Spurs showed a lack of energy that the Raptors didn't show, and Pop "chose his moments" because he could see that they were emotionally fragile.

For social awareness, I give Pop an A.
    For basketball, I give Pop a D-.
    The grades I give about a C, with all due respect to Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once again, Pop being cute playing his pets while the team goes down, then tries his "defensive" lineups when the game is half lost already. Did you seriously need to wait until there were 3 minutes left in the 4th to put Dj-White-Lonnie on the court? For practically the first time all season? Also, yet another game where Forbes' GLARING defensive mistakes go unpunished, whilst Lonnie was pulled from the game after 1 (!) late closeout. He was reinserted soon afterwards, and then pulled again... It's clear Lonnie is getting fed up with Pop's coaching and favoritism as well. He's been looking disengaged when on the bench and teammates/Timmy/Becky usually come talk to him. Something is going wrong there and I feel Pop won't realize until it's too late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once again, Pop being cute playing his pets while the team goes down, then tries his "defensive" lineups when the game is half lost already. Did you seriously need to wait until there were 3 minutes left in the 4th to put Dj-White-Lonnie on the court? For practically the first time all season? Also, yet another game where Forbes' GLARING defensive mistakes go unpunished, whilst Lonnie was pulled from the game after 1 (!) late closeout. He was reinserted soon afterwards, and then pulled again... It's clear Lonnie is getting fed up with Pop's coaching and favoritism as well. He's been looking disengaged when on the bench and teammates/Timmy/Becky usually come talk to him. Something is going wrong there and I feel Pop won't realize until it's too late.
    Pop is such a hypocrite. He praises and adores Kobe’s fierce compe iveness, almost worships it, but then refuses to do the same with his coaching and just chalks up losses to made/ missed baskets and “they are bigger things.”

He gets a pass for yesterday’s game, but he doesn’t get a pass for the last few seasons of acting like he couldn’t care less if the teams wins or loses. The “bigger things” message has really sunk into the Spurs culture. The teams play reflects it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    97-89 8 point lead. 60 game seconds later it's tied.

CIA Poops response? Timeout. Insert DeFrozen, LMA and leave Beli in the game. Popped had just pulled Lonnie 20 seconds earlier for Bryn Bryn. Leaves Bryn Bryn in too.

It's long since established.
    This is not the Spurs team.
    This is the Greg Pop Team and show. Period.
    It's not about winning. It's not even about losing. Just all about him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had been thinking the past few close games could be good the the Spurs future. It forces Pop to play more of DjM, White and Walker together. They need to b familiar with each other. I would also wish Pop to stop playing DjM as our starting PG play White as the PG and move DjM to shooting guard. Let DjM concentrate on his slash and 3, he has potential but simply too many holes at this moment to plug to be an effective PG.

Glad to see White getting better and more consistent play during this stretch. We really need Metu to be better and starts playing with the main team, our bigs are not explosive enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be intrigued to see a starting line or a lineup of WHITE, WALKER, MURRAY, DEROZAN, ALDRIDGE. Same as what they started the 2nd half with yesterday except put in Lonnie for Forbes.
    With this lineup, Walker and Murray CANNOT be hesitant to let it fly from 3. Same goes for Aldridge.

Thread Information