Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    How recently? Just from the start of last year there has been an amazing run in the market.
    my income in 2016 was $32k, half a year of school and roughly half a year of work

my income in 2017 was about $2-3k, all from the first 11 days until I got laidoff from my 2016 entry level programmer job out of college

my income in 2018 was $109k

my income in 2019 was $217k

The time to invest was like early 2018, when I was broke and stuck getting loans to pay my stupid mortgage on that crappy 1250 sqft house I had that was falling off its crappy foundation... the sellers in 2016 duped me... 22 year old buyer with a college degree but no handyman/home improvement expertise, did not list foundation issues. was lucky to sell it for around market value, but it took 5 months on the market AND they made me pay for a new roof too

thus, I prefer to rent these days... so much less stressful

Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    why weren't you investing along the way in 2018 and 2019?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    huh? was it higher in 1933 than 1928? was it higher in 2012 than 2007?
    The S&P was almost fully recovered by 2012, exceeding 2007 prices by 2013.

Yes the depression took a lot longer to recover, but the market was steadily going back up by 33, thanks to the war.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    The S&P was almost fully recovered by 2012, exceeding 2007 prices by 2013.

Yes the depression took a lot longer to recover, but the market was steadily going back up by 33, thanks to the war.
    what war in '33? you mean '39?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    what war in '33? you mean '39?
    Getting my decades confused I guess.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Getting my decades confused I guess.
    yeah. Basically FDR found a way to turn a nasty little recession into a full blown decade-long great depression with his crappy policies.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    yeah. Basically FDR found a way to turn a nasty little recession into a full blown decade-long great depression with his crappy policies.
    Yet, the so-called historians consistently put him in the top five. And let remember him f*cking up and letting Japan take out a third of our navy in a day.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Yet, the so-called historians consistently put him in the top five. And let remember him f*cking up and letting Japan take out a third of our navy in a day.
    FDR is the USA's only true dictator in its history to date... ala Putin, the elections were fixed and the term limit amendment didn't happen until Truman's regime.

Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Inovio Collaborating With Beijing Advaccine To Advance INO-4800 Vaccine Against New Coronavirus In China
    January 30, 2020
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/technolo...accine-3-hours
    Selling on the news?

Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bump. Anyone buying?

Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This is an exciting time to have cash on hand!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Buy like crazy in the next 2 days for a 2 day trade. Play the bounce. But don’t hold just play the impending short squeeze

Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Buy like crazy in the next 2 days for a 2 day trade. Play the bounce. But don’t hold just play the impending short squeeze
    Watching anything in particular?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Watching anything in particular?
    Amazon, Google, anything that is positively affected or unaffected by the virus. Everyone will be on Amazon buying so you know that will benefit. Netflix for people who stay home and work from home i.e. binge watch their shows

Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Amazon, Google, anything that is positively affected or unaffected by the virus. Everyone will be on Amazon buying so you know that will benefit. Netflix for people who stay home and work from home i.e. binge watch their shows
    I bought Netflix at $270. I missed the boat on TDOC. So obvious. I like Amazon too but remember companies are not manufacturing product. That's an issue.
    I am getting beat up on XOM but am continuing to nibble responsibly. The yield is now over 7%.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    I bought Netflix at $270. I missed the boat on TDOC. So obvious. I like Amazon too but remember companies are not manufacturing product. That's an issue.
    I am getting beat up on XOM but am continuing to nibble responsibly. The yield is now over 7%.
    Anybody who does masks, PPE, Gilead for the clinical trials, hospital bed makers whoever those are...

3M, DuPont

Disaster cleanup...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    me.

So when the Corona virus news first came out, I grabbed IBIO. Some penny stock that was mentioned on a Twitter. Does something with vaccines and partnered with a Chinese company. Bought it at .33 and thought I was a genius for selling it at .75 yesterday.
    24 hours later it's at 2.25

Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    me.

So when the Corona virus news first came out, I grabbed IBIO. Some penny stock that was mentioned on a Twitter. Does something with vaccines and partnered with a Chinese company. Bought it at .33 and thought I was a genius for selling it at .75 yesterday.
    Can't be upset over a 150% gain.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Can't be upset over a 150% gain.
    I know that's what I should be telling myself. Never good to play the "what if" game. It had jumped on no news yesterday and these things almost always come back down.
    But seeing it now at 2.75 is pretty painful. $20,000 extra that I could have had.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The trade desk (TTD) should have been up $60-100 today (instead up $32) if the market wasnt in a selloff panic mode.

Digital Advertising is not going anywhere . Check out the Stock Rubi and TLRA as they are nearing a merger.
    Last edited by InRareForm; 02-28-2020 at 06:36 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    me.

I got in at $1.75 and sold at 2.55. it's amazing what hype does tomstocks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I got in at $1.75 and sold at 2.55. it's amazing what hype does tomstocks.
    Congrats. I just couldn’t pull the trigger again on something I just sold for .75.

It reminds me a lot of 9/11 when any stock related to any facet of security went up. Regardless of how crappy the company might have been. And they’d all come out with some vague press release about partnerships or something.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I know that's what I should be telling myself. Never good to play the "what if" game. It had jumped on no news yesterday and these things almost always come back down.
    But seeing it now at 2.75 is pretty painful. $20,000 extra that I could have had.
    Can't look at it that way, especially with penny stocks that can give up all gains and then some in a heartbeat. You made money you won. Move on to the next one.

Edit: Well I say that likes it's easy but it's not. I owned 30K shares of a biotech at 78 cents. Sold at $3 and was happy. Then it got pumped to $48 a month later. Still makes me think...mother er!
    Last edited by SnakeBoy; 02-28-2020 at 11:33 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Can't look at it that way, especially with penny stocks that can give up all gains and then some in a heartbeat. You made money you won. Move on to the next one.

Edit: Well I say that likes it's easy but it's not. I owned 30K shares of a biotech at 78 cents. Sold at $3 and was happy. Then it got pumped to $48 a month later. Still makes me think...mother er!
    Oof. That’s painful. Especially with it just being a month later.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

What's the ticker

Thread Information