notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    "Last Date"

A short story by Dale Robinson

He'd shown up with a combination of Old e & Jack Daniels Old #7 emanating from his pores & breath, respectively.

"Mr. Grant." She wanted to admonish him, but, in her defense, did not. "Come in."

"What's for dinner, Mary?" He wanted to embrace her, but, backed away at the last. She wanted to embrace him, but, backed away at the last.

"The return of Veal Prince Orloff. You'll finally have your fill, Mr. Grant." Their laughter stilted & brief.

There was a gleam in his eyes she'd not seen before. "You look really nice tonight, Mary."

"Thank you, Mr. Grant. I haven't seen you favor that turtle neck in quite a while."

"I'm glad you remember it. I knew you liked it."

Mary didn't like it, but, she loved him.

---------

Their friends had marked this attempt at a date as a mistake, a failure. But, they knew better. Sitting side-by-side as his Edie-no more had wed for the 2nd time seared their relationship, had reignited a fire that had come dangerously close to dieing.

"Did I stand it, Mary?" He had challenged Mary in the breathless silence of exchanged vows & the certainty of an official's sanctioning.

"Yes, Mr. Grant, you stood it." The tears streaming down her face in the aftermath of total end.

He wanted to hit somebody, but, corralled his rage.
    She wanted to hold him with all her might, to shade his eyes against her chest.
    Both watched in abject horror.

---------

The meal was good, but, neither could nor would remember it. Conversation drew to the station even though both knew that was "against the rules."

"Dessert, Mr. Grant?" Mary had made chocolate pudding, cooked. She'd finished clearing the table as he'd taken anchor.

"No."

---------

He'd only been in her bedroom once before; to rally Ted as his wedding grew imminent.

He caught sight of her as she slid out of the bathroom door, the light catching her in a direct flash. She was naked, white & gleaming, then just a shadow as Mary cut the light. She crossed quickly to the bedside & slid beneath the sheets & quilts.

"Hurry, Mr. Grant."

"Mary."

"Yes."

She watched. It was not easy to extricate himself from the infernal turtle neck, but, he managed & was at once ready.

His mount was quick as if they'd coupled before. She gave him room, her long legs opening to allow him to come close. The scent of the Old e wafted thru reminding her of father.

"You're so warm." Him.

"I want to be warm for you. & ready." Her.

He felt his essence begin to activate, even threaten expulsion. "Uh, oh." To himself. He couldn't remember the last time he'd had relations with anyone beside himself. He managed to calm the roil, but, the dam would not stand for long.

"I've wanted you to kiss me for so long, Lo...Mr. Grant." As incongruent as [Mr. Grant] seemed, [Lou] would never be ventured again.

Her lips were as soft as he'd imagined in boundless reflections thru their years together. It did not occur to either to part their lips. This, this was enough.

"I don't want to wait. I've waited long enough." Her

She managed to wiggle down a portion & raised her grotto to greet him.

"Mary."

"It's okay, darling."

"Mary."

"Yes, baby. Do it."

"You're so wet." Him.

"I want to be wet, only for you." Her.

The urge to bury his face in the pillow as he had with Edie their entire marriage was no longer there. His movement slowed to a crawl as their eyes locked.

She saw the alarm register in those eyes as his body would no longer brook it's holdings.

"Yes, Mr. Grant, I'm yours now, darling. It's okay, you can give me what is yours. I want it."

---------

He stayed where he was, their breathing slowed & returned to normal, their eyes watching the other's. He kissed her eyes closed then kissed her forehead.

---------

"What will they say at the station, Mary? They were so wrong."

"I don't care about them, Mr. Grant. I'll tell you what though."

"What?"

"It's my turn to be on top."

---------

There would be no more dates, no.
    There would be a courtship.
    There would be concurrent proposals.

"They'd walk the walk, vow the vows & make the start."

---The End---

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Old man, what's up? My condolences!

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Old man, what's up? My condolences!
    Nothing much. Just trying to keep my dauber up over this Trump situation. It's all scheduled by the D's in association with Media. Every time we stick our heads up & out they bash us a good one. There is a a lot more & (we) know it. Just have to survive.

---

I remember Koby V. the Celtics there for the last time at that top of the arc...everyone thought he'd force it. No. Gave it to Artest.

He'd learned & evolved.

& it wasn't all peaches & cream. I remember when Linn was on the Lakers. He hated Kobe. At a TO, Kobe was walking a little behind him & clipped the back of Jeremy's head, then parted with some advice. Linn looked spears thru him.

Our recollections don't have to be all good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Last date - Part 2

Lionel gave Ruth a quick peck on the cheek. He whispered to her, "I'd love to floss your teeth".
    She pulled back and gave him that quizzical look he found so amusing. "With my pubic hair!", he added lovingly.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What a past couple of weeks it's had to have been for Cubby. First, his president gets impeached and then the Iranians shoot his favorite rapist's helicopter out of the air. , man.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What a past couple of weeks it's had to have been for Cubby. First, his president gets impeached and then the Iranians shoot his favorite rapist's helicopter out of the air. , man.
    This on top sitting in his stool all day. It’s got to be damn near unbearable.
    Grim business without a doubt.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    That would be quite a plot twist.

The pilot did have a funny middle eastern sounding name, so you could be on to something:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/27/us/pi...rnd/index.html

Thread Information