Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s still young but Spurs probably could’ve signed him for 2/3 as much with the season he is having

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know. He is not close to what he was two years ago. The ACL injuries are two year deals a lot of the time - especially for a guard. He is not getting completely crazy money and he is still a young player. Let's hope for the best.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he’ll dominate in china with jimmer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely. He’s not a PG. He can’t run the offense. We have no true PG on the team like Parker, TJ Ford, Cory Joseph, George Hill etc.

and don’t tell me a PG is hard to get. in Monte Morris was the 51st pick in the draft and he’s killing it for the Nuggets. This is just Spurs horrible scouting and player development per usual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker needs to put Forbes on the bench forever. He can become something. Forbes has no upside. Sucks on D. Good bye Bryn. Sit the bench and move on next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another PATFO classic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker needs to put Forbes on the bench forever. He can become something. Forbes has no upside. Sucks on D. Good bye Bryn. Sit the bench and move on next year.
    Won't happen. He's Pop's guy now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not like he was Derrick Rose, but look how long its taken him to become respectable again.
    Modern medicine has come a long way. An ACL tear used to be a pretty much career ender. Now, they’re able to save their career somewhat, but yeah... You’re still not the same player. Especially if you rely on speed/explosiveness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should've picked Brogdon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not like he was Derrick Rose, but look how long its taken him to become respectable again.
    I think Rose has had several physical setbacks along the way that slowed him down as well. Hopefully DJM can continue to improve his strength and regain the confidence he had his second year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^That's a lot of guys in Austin who aren't doing .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are Playing Weatherspoon at the 2 in Austin.

Apparently they thought Bryn was a serviceable back up now starting at shooting guard. Danny Green is who e replaced in the starting lineup.

With Metu and Eubanks called up they are starting Luka at center.

Yeah, definitely a allocation of developmental resources and vision problem.
    I can see from your posts that you’re pretty invested in the Toros. How are they doing in the GLeague with a former Spur Ahearn coaching?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They started out finding themselves. Keldon, Spoon, Metu, Eubanks, picked up some steam with the acquisition of Angel Rodriguez. They've all showed some potential NBA talent. Keldon is a living Basketball Motor, and his energy is infectious and seemed to have caught on the Chizme. Luka has had some strange games an moments. Look like a motor problem, and a member who went to a game confirmed this. Drifts out of focus when he doesn't have the ball in his hands. He doesn't look to pass to others, doesn't run back on D, etc.

There are better, more cohesive teams in the League, like Memphis, Wisconsin, who are probably going to be favored to win the G Chip. But with all the two-way players and 1st round draft picks, they are deep and could make a run for a G league le, whatever that means.
    Does Luca just seem disinterested? Was this a problem from his tapes playing in Europe? Or is it just pouting that he’s in the GLeague?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im still okay with what he got, he’s got upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not being utilized correctly. He should be playing alongside White, with White handling PG duties. He's still pretty valuable if you just let him play defense, spot up, get offensive tip ins, run out in transition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People say its an en led at ude thing, others say its being 19 thing even though he is only 2 1/1 months younger than Keldon who displays none of those characteristics and they are both 20 now.

As pop has said him self. He is who he be, meaning you can't change guy. He is athletically gifted with legit basketball skills but who knows if his tude is just a home sick thing or if the scouting reports of his en led at ude is real.
    If the at ude is real, then it’s a very non “Spursy” pick - especially that high. When you look at who the Spurs normally draft at that pick position (15-20ish picks: Lonnie Walker, Leonard (was a trade, but we still told Pacers who we wanted), all players with a hard-working at ude. Luka seems out of the ordinary. I think it was a gambled pick that (so far) has not paid off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He started the season off with a bang but now has regressed, despite his shot looking better. The team needs to run more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean he has to improve in the coming years right? This cant be as good as it gets with murray

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expected him to have better handles, transition offense, and finishing those layups. But nah. His lockdown defense seemed to have stepped back. He has improved his shooting. Hopefully it's just getting better coming from the injury. I think Murray's contract is okay. He is a hardworker and should improve. But for now, I would really put White on starting PG though until Murray proves himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly yes. He is what he is at this point. But he was loyal when others were not during their injuries, so PATFO appreciated that. Too bad he just isn’t as talented.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should've picked Brogdon.
    Good someone else was also saying this. Also ditto to Josh Hart and Jaylen Brunson etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really thought he would be more effective with his drives to the basket. He just can’t seem to get separation or when he does he just can’t seem to sneak the close in contested drive into the hoop.
    Decision making is lacking too.
    Really both young guards are inconsistent and for the Spurs to have any chance they BOTH have to play better.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they didn't pay him them then a dumb team like the Knicks would over pay him, then the Spurs would lose him for nothing ,then you all would criticize the team.

He isn't being used right. He's playing alongside people who can't defend... And Bryn Forbes. He's a guy that should be utilizing his athleticism and speed and handle(which is a work in progress). He's being used improperly because of pops refusal to accept a rebuild and to build around his young guys. Derrick white has the benefit of having a high iq. Dejounte is Jamal Crawford with a jumpshot(eventually)

I said it once and I'll say it again, I think you're an idiot if you have already given up on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think the lack of floor spacing really s him over in the starting line up he plays with. No room for him to operate and whats weird though is because he looked like a star in the first week of the season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expectations were irrationally high, and putting him straight away above White didn't help.

In a different context, such a run and gun with Lonnie and other fast players he could really thrive: strong defense and fastbreak, that's his game. But then comes PO time...

Thread Information