Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty telling when you look at the racial divide among women on the left reacting to Kobe Bryant's death. You have sadness and tributes from black feminists (see Jemele Hill's article in The Atlantic and basically the entire Grammys presentation), and then you have predominantly white feminists insisting that people should temper their mourning because he was accused of rape in 2003.

It's no surprise that those from a culture that is used to its men being branded criminals for life, who have seen many of those men grow up to be hard working, good fathers in spite of the consequences they live with for past mistakes, would have a more nuanced view of a man who made questionable decisions early in life but ended up being a philanthropist, an advocate and a good father.

Why the compulsion from some people to have another discussion about dismissed allegations from 17 years ago? And why are those compelled to have such discussions almost exclusively white? Perhaps it's rooted in a white culture that sees its men commit crimes without proportionate legal consequences, particularly among the wealthy/connected white men that these women are used to associating with.

It's a privileged point of view that ignores history in a country where black men used to be lynched without a fair trial when white women accused them of rape.

It's important to find a balance between respecting due process while also taking seriously any accusation of assault or rape, without rushing to judgment on either the accuser or the accused. It's also important to respect a person's ability to change and improve, and to reenforce this to people who make mistakes, instead of promoting the idea that once you up your reputation can never be recovered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you beat darrin to the punch. he was about to say exactly the same thing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty telling when you look at the racial divide among women on the left reacting to Kobe Bryant's death. You have sadness and tributes from black feminists (see Jemele Hill's article in The Atlantic and basically the entire Grammys presentation), and then you have predominantly white feminists insisting that people should temper their mourning because he was accused of rape in 2003.

It's no surprise that those from a culture that is used to its men being branded criminals for life, who have seen many of those men grow up to be hard working, good fathers in spite of the consequences they live with for past mistakes, would have a more nuanced view of a man who made questionable decisions early in life but ended up being a philanthropist, an advocate and a good father.

Why the compulsion from some people to have another discussion about dismissed allegations from 17 years ago? And why are those compelled to have such discussions almost exclusively white? Perhaps it's rooted in a white culture that sees its men commit crimes without proportionate legal consequences, particularly among the wealthy/connected white men that these women are used to associating with.

It's a privileged point of view that ignores history in a country where black men used to be lynched without a fair trial when white women accused them of rape.

It's important to find a balance between respecting due process while also taking seriously any accusation of assault or rape, without rushing to judgment on either the accuser or the accused. It's also important to respect a person's ability to change and improve, and to reenforce this to people who make mistakes, instead of promoting the idea that once you up your reputation can never be recovered.
    Is this a copypasta?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fault in excusing Kobe's violent rape of messed up girl (a low-wage, lowly hotel employee carrying semen from multiple men going into Kobe's room) (it was SO long ago! get over it, please!), is that most men go through life with raping.

Why wasn't husband and father Kobe part of that majority?

Raped women suffer for years from being raped. Just ask them to forget about, it, right, like asking everyone to forget about Kobe as rapist?
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-28-2020 at 04:41 PM.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Many black women view the victim as "black athlete thirsty Becky". Us vs them. It would be different if the victim were black

As a dating statistic I posted illustrated - black women will side with black men almost to the level of naiveness

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Are these people feminists or SJW's OP?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Many black women view the victim as "black athlete thirsty Becky". Us vs them. It would be different if the victim were black

As a dating statistic I posted illustrated - black women will side with black men almost to the level of naiveness
    FK

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

True that. The way black women got TRIGGERED and outraged by the boycott pe ion of Michael Vick was hilarious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, the Darrin version of this post is "Why do black feminists love Kobe Bryant so much? If he was white they'd be dancing on his grave."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this a copypasta?
    No

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True that. The way black women got TRIGGERED and outraged by the boycott pe ion of Michael Vick was hilarious
    There are certainly cultural elements to that too. Plenty of black women didn't like Vick's dog fighting but the outrage didn't go to the level of crucifixion and lifetime banishment advocated by many white commenters. Goes back to at udes about the permanent branding of flawed people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Molyneux is the first moral philosopher I'm aware of that ever lost his livelihood when he got kicked off YouTube for being an asshole

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pretty big difference between dismissed charges and settled charges.

I love sports, wouldn't be here otherwise, but it's depressing how people preoccupy themselves with celebrities. Kobe died? So did a bunch of other people, so do a bunch of other people. I feel far more pain for the young girls on that helicopter than for Kobe. And even much more pain for the thousands of innocent children written off as collateral damage in the middle East. Kobe? He did just about everything he wanted to do and lived a very privileged life regardless of his skin color.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I love sports, wouldn't be here otherwise, but it's depressing how people preoccupy themselves with celebrities. Kobe died? So did a bunch of other people, so do a bunch of other people. I feel far more pain for the young girls on that helicopter than for Kobe. And even much more pain for the thousands of innocent children written off as collateral damage in the middle East. Kobe? He did just about everything he wanted to do and lived a very privileged life regardless of his skin color.
    & Kobe apologized, out loud. He raped her. Did he drag her offin' the sidewalk & rape? No, it was "that kind of rape, the good kind."

He could live with it. She could live it. 1/2 of "we" could live with it.

& frankly I am surprised the rape hasn't been thrown in the his face, or, at least stationed securely in plain sight. It's gone. That's how Media does it. When it's over, it's over, and Media has decided it's over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, the Darrin version of this post is "Why do black feminists love Kobe Bryant so much? If he was white they'd be dancing on his grave."
    i think he would just post

lol white feminists mad and then the gif of the screaming nooooo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the criminal charges were dismissed because the accuser refused to testify. the civil suit was settled 6 months later

people know kobe (he might not know them). they grew up watching him. he dominated their sports fanhoods for 20 years. some people's entire childhoods/adolescence were spent following and cheering for kobe. he's not just some guy who played for the lakers... he was the lakers. and you dont have to feel the same way, but i definitely understand.

nobody knows the random innocent child you're talking about. those random innocent children didnt impact these people's lives. they never spent a minute thinking about them before their death. but hours upon hours watching kobe play, watching kobe highlights, talking/debating about kobe at school, etc etc

not comparable

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So white feminists bad cos they ain't sucking off Kobe's ghost like the rest the media?

I may not agree with their bitter position, but I can understand it.

(Though this is all relaying on Lambert's recap; nothing substantial listed).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His big issue is with Kobe's infidelity? Doesn't sound like he's either.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe's biggest problem in his 20s was that he didn't keep his in his pants. He would have been considered the ultimate martyr sportsman if he had, instead of having some people be like "sucks he died, BUT....."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Molyneux is the first moral philosopher I'm aware of that ever lost his livelihood when he got kicked off YouTube for being an asshole
    "Stefan Basil Molyneux is a far-right, white nationalist Canadian podcaster and YouTuber who is

known for his promotion of
    scientific racism and white supremacist views.

Molyneux is described as a leading figure of the alt-right movement

The Independentdescribed Molyneux as having "a perverse fixation on race and IQ."

Freedomain internet community which Molyneux leads has been described as a cult, and

Molyneux has been described as a cult leader,

using
    cult indoctrination techniques on his followers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Molyneux

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean if he's a white man named Brett Kavanaugh or Roy Moore then he's just a piece of even if the accusations are from 40 years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean if he's a white man named Brett Kavanaugh or Roy Moore then he's just a piece of even if the accusations are from 40 years ago.
    We got the puritanical SJW feminists of the left and the Evangelical Christian bible thumpers of the right who are both pissing on Kobe's grave. Both factions are authoritarian PC police tbh...

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even the bible thumpers of Alabama voted to put a Democrat in the in' US Senate for 3 years (and possibly risk ing up SCOTUS picks, Trump bills, etc for 3 years) because Moore was that bad.

Kavanaugh on the other hand got completely scammed, glad that сunt got shut up tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got the puritanical SJW feminists of the left and the Evangelical Christian bible thumpers of the right who are both pissing on Kobe's grave. Both factions are authoritarian PC police tbh...
    Maybe. But I sympathize with the crew throwing caution to the wind on immortalizing a rapist over the crew that is weaponizing sexual misconduct allegations.

Thread Information