My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2004, I think he said, Kobe wanted out of the Lakers, and had even given the Clippers a verbal agreement. West talked him out it of saying "you can't play for that owner(Sterling).

Just said this on TNT

Last edited by 313; 01-28-2020 at 08:01 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    still pisses me off uncle jerry isnt on the lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2004, I think he said, Kobe wanted out of the Lakers, and had even given the Clippers a verbal agreement. West talked him out it of saying "you can't play for that owner(Sterling).

Just said this on TNT

ROFL we almost ended the Laker dynasty the way we ended Miami...in shame

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yes, whites, total loss.

He'd drive around Los Angeles during the playoff games. He could not stand the strain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that’s why he should remains the logo

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Really just makes you wonder how different league history would have been if the Clippers had a real owner in the past instead of Sterling. Even beyond the Kobe thing, Jordan almost got traded here twice (no joke), we were on LeBron's list of teams in 2010, etc. The list of what-ifs is almost as depressing as the team's actual history.

I remember reading once that the Clippers were almost sold to Phil Knight before Sterling bought them, but the negotiations fell apart. We were thisclose to being a destination franchise for decades with the rise of Nike and shoe culture. Instead we got saddled with the worst owner in sports history. Although I do wonder if Knight would have moved the team to LA or kept them in San Diego.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    West: "We continued to talk after I went to Memphis."

Wonder if West will ever have enough integrity to reveal the details of the MVPau for Kwame Brown scam.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Why isn't he there in some role? Understand the beef with Phil -- but that guy is long gone.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Why isn't he there in some role? Understand the beef with Phil -- but that guy is long gone.
    The Lakers told him they didn't need him because they had GM Magic.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Lakers told him they didn't need him because they had GM Magic.
    Jerry isnt a GM, hes an advisor, but there might be some truth to this. Someones ego got in the way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people always so desperate to credit this crusty, en led, miserable old man?

Bryant was just having a temper tantrum to force their hand to upgrade the team, so that he wouldn't continue to be exposed as unable to make a contender out of damn near anything, a la Duncan and James.

I never for a second bought that he was actually going to leave the Lakers. They were everything he always wanted, in terms of attention, profile, spotlight, etc.

Really just makes you wonder how different league history would have been if the Clippers had a real owner in the past instead of Sterling. Even beyond the Kobe thing, Jordan almost got traded here twice (no joke), we were on LeBron's list of teams in 2010, etc. The list of what-ifs is almost as depressing as the team's actual history.

I remember reading once that the Clippers were almost sold to Phil Knight before Sterling bought them, but the negotiations fell apart. We were thisclose to being a destination franchise for decades with the rise of Nike and shoe culture. Instead we got saddled with the worst owner in sports history. Although I do wonder if Knight would have moved the team to LA or kept them in San Diego.
    "Lob city" was never going to get it done, but had they, I guarantee you that would have been much more meaningful to you than the contrived one(s) you'll probably "win" in the next few or handful of years.

To me, the '16 Cavaliers are the only legit champions in the past half decade. Hopefully the Bucks halt that drought this season.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wonder if West will ever have enough integrity to reveal the details of the MVPau for Kwame Brown scam.
    Nope. He'll just bask in the notion that he's a patron saint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. He'll just bask in the notion that he's a patron saint.
    Yep.

Was he in on Durbeta laying down on OKC after having already spoken with Donkey? He certainly tried to justify it.

Seems like West was affiliated with Golden gots during that time. I could be off.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep.

Was he in on Durbeta laying down on OKC after having already spoken with Donkey? He certainly tried to justify it.

Seems like West was affiliated with Golden gots during that time. I could be off.
    ???

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

There should be a 30 for 30 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Originally Posted by Mul roll
    Yep.

After Jerry West got off the sinking Laker boat in 2011, he began to identify as Warrior in public.
    2016 LeBron took Tristian Kardashian, Kyrie Flat Earth and others to the Championship over the *unbeatable* Warriors.

West had been working Durbeta all year to join the Gay Area?
    Wasn't it known that Donkey was on the phone with Durbetta, begging him to come out and enticing him with all the Gay Area had to offer? Shortly after Durbetta signed and the rigged Finals of 2017 didn't Jerry West then leave? His scamming work done once again.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Originally Posted by Mul roll
    Yep.

After Jerry West got off the sinking Laker boat in 2011, he began to identify as Warrior in public.
    2016 LeBron took Tristian Kardashian, Kyrie Flat Earth and others to the Championship over the *unbeatable* Warriors.

West had been working Durbeta all year to join the Gay Area?
    Wasn't it known that Donkey was on the phone with Durbetta, begging him to come out and enticing him with all the Gay Area had to offer? Shortly after Durbetta signed and the rigged Finals of 2017 didn't Jerry West then leave? His scamming work done once again.
    Could be. Dude is shady.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    West talked him out and sent Pau from Memphis to LA to make good on his promise. That kind of collusion is why the NBA is basically WWE. There's no real comp, it's just narrative.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    West talked him out and sent Pau from Memphis to LA to make good on his promise. That kind of collusion is why the NBA is basically WWE. There's no real comp, it's just narrative.
    marc gasol turned out being a very integral part of those Grit Memphis teams. so it worked out both ways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    marc gasol turned out being a very integral part of those Grit Memphis teams. so it worked out both ways.
    "turned out"..

At the time it was maybe the most lopsided trade ever made, and with West being in Memphis, highly su ious. He basically confirmed it with his admission of talking to Kobe during that time, which really amounts to tampering.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    "turned out"..

At the time it was maybe the most lopsided trade ever made, and with West being in Memphis, highly su ious. He basically confirmed it with his admission of talking to Kobe during that time, which really amounts to tampering.
    The prized possession from that trade for Memphis was supposed to be Javaris Crittnton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The prized possession from that trade for Memphis was supposed to be Javaris Crittnton
    Imagine what it implies: That an agent of a team can sign with another team into a decision making role, then use that team as a farm system for the team they came from. This is why I say it's an NBA thing, not a Jerry West thing. If you and I can see it, the NBA already knows. It's like telling Vince McMahon that we think the WWE matches are staged.

Thread Information