My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I look at is being out of the playoffs as it stands right now with a below 500. Record at 20w & 26l behind Memphis with a 23 & 24 record. I cant help but think of how Memphis draft pick Brandon Clarke is contributing to his team while our pick of Luka whom was drafted before Clarke is stuck in the G League. Then to see us steadily losing an the so called GOATcoach we have keep wheeling this same as losing starting lineup out there game after game, it's the true definition of Insanity. I'm not saying Keldon Johnson, Carroll, Eubanks, or Metu can save our season, but as a true Spurs fan I cant help but get upset wondering when the is a change up coming. It's clear the defense is always outta place tryna help out on Forbes man. An i like Forbes as a non starter. If this is deleted, I understand but I couldn't help thinking about this looking at that $17.99 coming out my account for Team pass an I find myself unmotivated to watch this team as soon as I see the same ole starting lineup game after game. It's old

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's no real goal for the team. we're not trying to develop the young guys and giving tons of minutes to beli and forbes has to be absolutely demoralizing because it shows that no matter what you do pop is going to do what he wants. carroll just sits there, does he have mono or something?

there's also no sense of urgency. the spurs can go up 20 and will find ways to lose it. no killer instinct. it goes on and on. kawhi saw the writing on the wall and nobody can blame him for leaving this dumpster fire

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there has been a disconnect between the FO and Pop. The Samanic pick over Clarke was absolutely the right choice for a team that isn't competing for the playoffs this year, so that makes complete sense for where this team is. What doesn't make sense is keeping all of our high priced vets instead of turning them into future assets. It's like we've been double minded. It's past time we pick a direction and move forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there has been a disconnect between the FO and Pop. The Samanic pick over Clarke was absolutely the right choice for a team that isn't competing for the playoffs this year, so that makes complete sense for where this team is. What doesn't make sense is keeping all of our high priced vets instead of turning them into future assets. It's like we've been double minded. It's past time we pick a direction and move forward.
    It's not double minded. It's because they WANTED TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. So, no, the Puka pick didn't make sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I look at is being out of the playoffs as it stands right now with a below 500. Record at 20w & 26l behind Memphis with a 23 & 24 record. I cant help but think of how Memphis draft pick Brandon Clarke is contributing to his team while our pick of Luka whom was drafted before Clarke is stuck in the G League. Then to see us steadily losing an the so called GOATcoach we have keep wheeling this same as losing starting lineup out there game after game, it's the true definition of Insanity. I'm not saying Keldon Johnson, Carroll, Eubanks, or Metu can save our season, but as a true Spurs fan I cant help but get upset wondering when the is a change up coming. It's clear the defense is always outta place tryna help out on Forbes man. An i like Forbes as a non starter. If this is deleted, I understand but I couldn't help thinking about this looking at that $17.99 coming out my account for Team pass an I find myself unmotivated to watch this team as soon as I see the same ole starting lineup game after game. It's old
    Clarke would be in Austin too if we drafted him. Pop doesn't play rookies unless absolutely forced to. I wouldn't cancel my Team Pass yet though. After the RRT beatdown, Pop will get the call to play the youngsters more and see what we have with them. It's an absolute must this year that he plays Lonnie/White and Murray/White together. Just from a financial standpoint and trust me, the Spurs care about finances.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is a student of Larry Brown and he has adopted LB's philosophy when it comes to playing rookies. Outside of Duncan, Parker, Manu, and Leonard I cannot think of a rookie that he has given significant playing time too.

I suspect that the front office is going to kindly ask Pop to move along from the bench next year. They won't fire him or even put pressure on him. He can stay for as long as he likes, but I can see him moving on for the good of the team. This team is not responding to him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not double minded. It's because they WANTED TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. So, no, the Puka pick didn't make sense.
    However if he turns out to be good your just gonna act like you never said he was a bad player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    However if he turns out to be good your just gonna act like you never said he was a bad player.
    I've been right about pretty much every Spurs pick for years now. So, no, probably not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100% this. If we aren’t going to make the playoffs let’s at least build for the future. There has never been a better time to trade DeRozan. His stock is at an all time high and he could legit help put a contender over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think my biggest issue is just like others is the lack of trying something new or different. Like I said, I'm not saying Metu, Carroll, or Keldon is or can save the season... but we damn sure see what's not helping this season. An he sits on the side tryna teach life an cultural lesson. that, I almost wanna say what that racist lady said. "Shut up an dribble"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there has been a disconnect between the FO and Pop. ...

Pop, himself, is the front office. He's the president of basketball operations. Granted, he could be schizophrenic.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weren't they scouting Luka the entire year leading up to the draft? I bet they were already locked in on him and didn't care to look at anyone else around the 19th pick

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suspect that the front office is going to kindly ask Pop to move along from the bench next year. They won't fire him or even put pressure on him. He can stay for as long as he likes, but I can see him moving on for the good of the team. This team is not responding to him.
    It's weird how people forget that Popovich is the President of Basketball Operations for the Spurs franchise. By and large, he is the front office. He only reports to the ownership.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with this, they still want to make the playoffs to get revenue/keep the financial ship from sinking. But they love them some soft Euro bigs don't they

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clarke would be in Austin too if we drafted him. Pop doesn't play rookies unless absolutely forced to. I wouldn't cancel my Team Pass yet though. After the RRT beatdown, Pop will get the call to play the youngsters more and see what we have with them. It's an absolute must this year that he plays Lonnie/White and Murray/White together. Just from a financial standpoint and trust me, the Spurs care about finances.
    the only must is that he must start Bryn Forbes by all means neccessary

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100% this. If we aren’t going to make the playoffs let’s at least build for the future. There has never been a better time to trade DeRozan. His stock is at an all time high and he could legit help put a contender over.
    I kind of worry they're not going to get worthwhile when trading DeRozan. Still, a pick is better than maxing him out this summer though. Though if it's Brian Wright and not RC making the pick, the pick probably won't be worth either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kind of worry they're not going to get worthwhile when trading DeRozan. Still, a pick is better than maxing him out this summer though. Though if it's Brian Wright and not RC making the pick, the pick probably won't be worth either.
    Spurds will cuck out and keep demar smdh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weren't they scouting Luka the entire year leading up to the draft? I bet they were already locked in on him and didn't care to look at anyone else around the 19th pick
    I honestly wouldn't doubt that. I heard that RC had been scouting him since he was 16.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, I root for them to lose every time I watch which isn't often now. The core of this team is just so bad. The worst thing that could happen is they finish as first round fodder again. Another ty pick and Pop would keep thinking just a few tweek's is all that's needed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, I root for them to lose every time I watch which isn't often now. The core of this team is just so bad. The worst thing that could happen is they finish as first round fodder again. Another ty pick and Pop would keep thinking just a few tweek's is all that's needed.
    Taking the two seed to game 7 and being within a possession or two down the stretch isn’t fodder. That’s compe ive.

This year’s team, though, is almost certainly first round fodder.

Thread Information