Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Vick = Iverson: Extremely popular players who represent "the street" over the "status quo". Also extremely overrated. Style over substance. Outside the field/court problems. Both my favourite players of all-time in their respective sports.

Brady = Russell: The best players in the winningest dynasties of their respective sports. Boston players. Great players but overrated because of their team success. The majority GOATS untill the true GOATS come along (NBA= MJ - NFL= yet to be determined).

Peyton = Wilt: Unprecedented regular season display but relatively poor playoffs success in comparisson to that RS dominance. Arguably the GOATS of their generation.

Mahomes = Curry: Mercurial talents with flashy styles. Mixed-raced sons of former athletes. Everyone's favourites. The faces of the change of eras in each league.

I'm gonna let the Rodgers=Lebron and Wilson=Harden comparissons to my brotha ClipperNation.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Brees = Dirk. Great stats, well respected and loved by fans and peers. Each have one historic le run/ring. (Dirk beat Lebron to win a ring, Brees beat 3 former SuperBowl MVPs to win a ring).

Marino = CP3. Great passers, no rings.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Leonard Fournette = Sam Cassell

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Kobe = Walter Payton

(too obvious)

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Leonard Fournette = Sam Cassell
    ??

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Brees = Dirk. Great stats, well respected and loved by fans and peers. Each have one historic le run/ring. (Dirk beat Lebron to win a ring, Brees beat 3 former SuperBowl MVPs to win a ring).

Marino = Steve Nash is a better one. CP3 is a punk. Nash was a truly special passer, and he set assist records that won't be broken, especially since point guards of today don't really care after they get the 10th assist.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count

Brees = CP3 is another good comparisson in the sense that they both have historic regular season numbers but never won regular season MVP. And both probably got robbed of one.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan & Reggie White

Karl Malone & Derrick Thomas

Phil Jackson & Bill Parcels

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Marino = Steve Nash is a better one. CP3 is a punk. Nash was a truly special passer, and he set assist records that won't be broken, especially since point guards of today don't really care after they get the 10th assist.
    It’s selling Marino too short. There were years when Marino was considered to be the best player in the NFL...even when Nash won his two MVPs no one considered him the best player in the NBA.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Kobe - Ben Roethlisberger

Russell Westbrook - Cam Newton

Randy Moss - Steph Curry

Tony Romo - Chris Webber

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It’s selling Marino too short. There were years when Marino was considered to be the best player in the NFL...even when Nash won his two MVPs no one considered him the best player in the NBA.
    Nash was the best player in the NBA in '05, the year after Shaq left the Lakers. '06 it was questionable because of how many points Kobe scored that year, but Nash did lead an awful supporting cast to the #2 seed in the better conference.

Meanwhile CP3 was never considered among the very best in the NBA... not on the Pelicans, Clippers won without him regularly etc. and lol at the Rockets. CP3 was always a second tier all star.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Would be interesting to see Marino with today's rules.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Randy Moss - Steph Curry
    Why?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    changed the way defenses had to play

unparalleled "gravity" on the field/court

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Nash was the best player in the NBA in '05, the year after Shaq left the Lakers. '06 it was questionable because of how many points Kobe scored that year, but Nash did lead an awful supporting cast to the #2 seed in the better conference.

Meanwhile CP3 was never considered among the very best in the NBA... not on the Pelicans, Clippers won without him regularly etc. and lol at the Rockets. CP3 was always a second tier all star.
    05 - He was the flavor of the month more than he was the best player. He fit really well into a system but I wouldn’t classify ‘05 Nash as a better individual player than ‘05 Duncan or ‘05 Shaq. There’s other players in ‘05 too who I’d classify as better individual players but those are the two obvious ones, especially Duncan.

06 - Suns were a distant 3rd best team in the West that year, the other 2 teams just happened to be in the same division and the NBA hasn’t fixed its seeding rules yet. ‘06 Lebron, ‘06 Kobe, and ‘06 Dirk were all better. Nash was a better fit for the team he was on , but the aforementioned players were all better and more dominant individually.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Favre = Kobe

Gunslingers, super compe ive, tons of spectacular plays but tons of volume that led to bad plays as well. Kobe holds the NBA record for most career Field Goals missed (14,481) and Favre holds the NFL record for most career interceptions (336).

Both have a perverted side; Favre texted penis pics to girls while married, Kobe cheated on wife in a hotel.
    Last edited by Darth_Pelican; 01-29-2020 at 03:43 PM.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    The Brady / Russell comparison wouldn’t be completely re ed except for the fact Russell won championships when the league had like 8 total teams, Brady won championships in a league with 32 teams.

If any player led a team to as many championships as Russell did in the modern 30 team league, he’d unquestionably be considered the GOAT.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Favre = Kobe

Gunslingers, super compe ive, tons of spectacular plays but tons of volume that led to bad plays as well. Kobe hold the NBA record for most career Field Goals missed (14,481) and Favre holds the NFL record for most career interceptions (336).

Both have a perverted side; Favre texted penis pics to girls while married, Kobe cheated on wife in a hotel.
    Both very overrated by fans amd mainstream media. That's a great analogy, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    05 - He was the flavor of the month more than he was the best player. He fit really well into a system but I wouldn’t classify ‘05 Nash as a better individual player than ‘05 Duncan or ‘05 Shaq. There’s other players in ‘05 too who I’d classify as better individual players but those are the two obvious ones, especially Duncan.

06 - Suns were a distant 3rd best team in the West that year, the other 2 teams just happened to be in the same division and the NBA hasn’t fixed its seeding rules yet. ‘06 Lebron, ‘06 Kobe, and ‘06 Dirk were all better. Nash was a better fit for the team he was on , but the aforementioned players were all better and more dominant individually.
    05 Nash was the best player in the NBA. 05 Shaq you could definitely argue wasn't the best player on his own team. 05 Duncan was still great but not the legendary dominant force that he was in 03. By spring '05, Duncan was still the alpha, but at that point both Manu and Parker were starting to close in on him. Spurs had a better overall defense and system than the Suns did, and much more depth, so we were a nightmare matchup for them. But they blazed their way through the rest of the league that year.

you could also argue 07 for Nash... it was Nash and Dirk neck and neck, but Nash didn't choke away a near perfect season against a vastly inferior .500 team.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Brady / Russell comparison wouldn’t be completely re ed except for the fact Russell won championships when the league had like 8 total teams, Brady won championships in a league with 32 teams.

If any player led a team to as many championships as Russell did in the modern 30 team league, he’d unquestionably be considered the GOAT.
    Brady is more like Jordan IMO

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    05 Nash was the best player in the NBA. 05 Shaq you could definitely argue wasn't the best player on his own team. 05 Duncan was still great but not the legendary dominant force that he was in 03. Spurs had a better overall defense and system than the Suns did, and much more depth, so we were a nightmare matchup for them. But they blazed their way through the rest of the league that year.

you could also argue 07 for Nash... it was Nash and Dirk neck and neck, but Nash didn't choke away a near perfect season against a vastly inferior .500 team.
    Would you prefer to build a conventional NBA team (not a gimmicky Dantoni coached team) around ‘05 Duncan or ‘05 Nash? Any rational person would say Duncan.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Would you prefer to build a conventional NBA team (not a gimmicky Dantoni coached team) around ‘05 Duncan or ‘05 Nash? Any rational person would say Duncan.
    Give me '03 Duncan or '05 Nash.

Without Manu and Bowen the Spurs don't win the le in '05. '03 on the other hand, Duncan carried the entire team on his back better than any other player in NBA history. That team was full of old washed up scrubs and the young guys were still too young and raw.

'05 Nash made career scrubs like Q Richardson and Jim Jackson look very good, and Joe Johnson more than just a ballhog he was otherwise known for.

'00-'01 Shaq
    '02-03 Duncan
    '04 Garnett
    '05 Nash
    '06 Kobe
    '07 Nash/Derp (sorry Gilbert)

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Duncan is Joe Montana
    Brady is Michael Jordan

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Give me '03 Duncan or '05 Nash.

Without Manu and Bowen the Spurs don't win the le in '05. '03 on the other hand, Duncan carried the entire team on his back better than any other player in NBA history. That team was full of old washed up scrubs and the young guys were still too young and raw.

'05 Nash made career scrubs like Q Richardson and Jim Jackson look very good, and Joe Johnson more than just a ballhog he was otherwise known for.

'00-'01 Shaq
    '02-03 Duncan
    '04 Garnett
    '05 Nash
    '06 Kobe
    '07 Nash/Derp (sorry Gilbert)
    in the year he was on the Suns, Quentin Richardson’s PPG went down from the prior season with the Clippers and he was less efficient. The Suns actually ruined his career as they turned him into an inefficient chucker. Jim Jackson meanwhile averaged less PPG with the Suns than he did on Houston that season prior to being traded. He’d been a career role player / journeyman and he remained ome with the Suns.

Per usual though you dodged my question because you know the answer. Instead you want off on a random tangent about ‘03 Duncan which had nothing to do with anything.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Fraudgers = Jason Collins

Thread Information