Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism[1][2] characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy[3] which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.[4]

Fascists believe that liberal democracy is obsolete and regard the complete mobilization of society under a totalitarian one-party state as necessary to prepare a nation for armed conflict and to respond effectively to economic difficulties.[9] Such a state is led by a strong leader—such as a dictator and a martial government composed of the members of the governing fascist party—to forge national unity and maintain a stable and orderly society.[9] Fascism rejects assertions that violence is automatically negative in nature and views political violence, war and imperialism as means that can achieve national rejuvenation.[10][11] Fascists advocate a mixed economy, with the principal goal of achieving autarky (national economic self-sufficiency) through protectionist and interventionist economic policies.[12]
    The main streak in all of this is the "strongman" who can solve all problems. That is what society needs.

Trump says maybe U.S. will have a president for life someday
    Chinese President Xi Jinping recently consolidated power. Trump told the gathering: “He’s now president for life. President for life. And he’s great.” Trump added, “I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll give that a shot someday.”
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...r-life-someday

He comments on this kind of thing constantly. Set aside term limits, etc.

Even before he was elected, his calls of how "rigged" the system was, when he thought he would lose, was the first call to his supporters to cast aside liberal democracy.

Further assaults on "fake news" which he explicitly defined as anything bad said about him, regardless of truth.

The crony capitalism that marks Russia as a kleptocracy is in full swing here. A weak, disinterested chief executive has allowed his cabinet an unprecedented level of corruption.

The steady stream of attacks on anything that might limit executive power, culminating in the impeachment acquittal, seals the deal. What will be said after the election will strip away any pretense that the right-wing cares about "freedom" for anyone but themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol at being this paranoid that you take trump's sarcasm as reality but everything else he says you consider to be nonsense.

trump's the best internet/IRL troll ever! i love how he gets you lefty's all worked up over nothing time and time again.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FDR was, for all practical purposes, a dictator, and the only of his kind in US history.

A left-wing, liberal Democrat. New Deal, high taxes and all.

#TheEnd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump acquitted and Brexit on the same day poor fella

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FDR was, for all practical purposes, a dictator, and the only of his kind in US history.

#TheEnd
    #no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

<-- You are here. Stuck on 2nd stage of grief.
    Last edited by DarrinS; 01-31-2020 at 03:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is this supposed to be you every time trump is criticized?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is this supposed to be you every time trump is criticized?
    wipe your tears before you pretend to have balls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, you meltdown when people respond to your posts, snowflake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ the stalker strikes again! off got Dumpster!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ the stalker strikes again! off got Dumpster!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol at being this paranoid that you take trump's sarcasm as reality but everything else he says you consider to be nonsense.

trump's the best internet/IRL troll ever! i love how he gets you lefty's all worked up over nothing time and time again.
    I thought he always said what was on his mind.

He has made quite a few other similar comments. At some point, when does the "joke" become what he actually thinks?

Riddle me this:

Would you vote him in for a 3rd term? 4th?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Intellectual bankruptcy is the inability to respond to arguments with any meaningful commentary.

The only grief I feel is for the rule of law and good governance.

If you weren't such a useful idiot, you might share that. As it is.

Liberal: I am concerned about anti-democratic forces in our country
    Conservative: LOL snowflake

That is where it is at. Your choice, and this post says more about you than it does me. smh
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 01-31-2020 at 04:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought he always said what was on his mind.

He has made quite a few other similar comments. At some point, when does the "joke" become what he actually thinks?

Riddle me this:

Would you vote him in for a 3rd term? 4th?
    i didn't vote him in the 1st time. either way, there's laws that are on the books to limit presidential terms so what are you actually crying about?

now on to your hypothetical question. if the left keeps propping up duds like they have then sure why not. vote him in til the dem party completely dies off!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i didn't vote him in the 1st time. either way, there's laws that are on the books to limit presidential terms so what are you actually crying about?

now on to your hypothetical question. if the left keeps propping up duds like they have then sure why not. vote him in til the dem party completely dies off!
    Pshaw. Didn't really answer the question. I guess "i don't really vote" is an answer.

You can't be bothered to vote, but will carry his water and think he is a great president in the interim. Understood.

Anything else?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how can you complain about not being able to call witnesses if you refuse to allow witnesses when given the opportunity?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

#TheEnd
    I would agree. He was immensely popular and served for probably one term too many. Wonder how the war would have turned out under Truman from the start?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how can you complain about not being able to call witnesses if you refuse to allow witnesses when given the opportunity?
    ??? Not sure of what you are referring to. Wrong thread maybe?

(edit)

Seriously, will need to explain who is complaining about what specficially. It is unclear from context here.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 01-31-2020 at 05:16 PM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the Magic R.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pshaw. Didn't really answer the question. I guess "i don't really vote" is an answer.

You can't be bothered to vote, but will carry his water and think he is a great president in the interim. Understood.

Anything else?
    the funny thing is you "progressives" believe everyone who isn't a liberal is holding water for djt and thinking he's the second coming of christ.

you're lost bro just like the rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw randomguy, i indeed answered your question but your TDS got in your way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the Magic R.
    The blank check that this is going to create in Trumps mind... oi vey. I have little doubt he will do worse before his presidency ends.

At this point, I am just about ready to totally give up on bothering with pushing for ethical reforms for Republican rat ery.

When Democrats get power, let them gerrymander the out of Republicans. Close polls in rural areas, and make it as hard as possible for Republicans to vote.

When the next Democratic president uses the power of the government to get investigations into leading Republicans from other countries. That would be fun. Bribe the out of China to hack Republican political en ies.

Wheeeeeee!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the funny thing is you "progressives" believe everyone who isn't a liberal is holding water for djt and thinking he's the second coming of christ.

you're lost bro just like the rest.

I have had you on ignore for the better part of a year, so I have no ing clue what you generally say other than what others have bothered responding to, but am making an exception here.

What is your strongest criticism of Trump then?

Thread Information