Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    sooooooo

Where was Messi today vs Sevilla?

Still a better performance than anything Ronaldo has had since the break. By far.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Well, at some point he will be right, then he can say "I told you so", even though he was wrong for the last 5 years...
    I was right last year already and this year as well

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    You just caused Barca to lose in the round of 16 vs Napoli. I just want you to realize that, you jinxing SOB.
    Don’t blame me, blame Setiens allergy to making subs when you get 5 of them

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    I was right last year already and this year as well
    Ronaldo had a streak of 11 games with at least 1 goal before the leagues were shutdown. A sample size of two games against top 7 Serie A teams can hardly be considered "being right"

Everybody knows Ronaldo is a slow starter after long periods of inactivity. He's been that way since Real.

Your boy, Lionel Harden looked like a world beater against Leganes and Mallorca (bottom top 3 lol liga teams ) and got lockdown today by a top 3 team, as usual

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Wasn’t proven wrong last year, Juventus got cucked in CL, Ronaldo is declining
    I like how your standard of success for Ronaldo is winning the champions league That's greatness right here GOATnaldo definitely spoiled us over the years.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Ronaldo had a streak of 11 games with at least 1 goal before the leagues were shutdown. A sample size of two games against top 7 Serie A teams can hardly be considered "being right"

Everybody knows Ronaldo is a slow starter after long periods of inactivity. He's been that way since Real.

Your boy, Lionel Harden looked like a world beater against Leganes and Mallorca (bottom top 3 lol liga teams ) and got lockdown today by a top 3 team, as usual

Sample size then how about the fact that Messi already scored against Sevilla earlier this year:

Ronaldo absolutely was declining last year. He has little spurts where he looks good and then reverts back to being a passenger. Without Ramos and bale to carry
    him when he falters he gets exposed. He was an amazing player, don’t get me wrong. But Father Time catches up to everyone. Juve didn’t spent 100M just to do worse in CL than they did before Ronaldo.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    sooooooo

Where was Messi today vs Sevilla?

Messi's favourite victims

1- Sevilla - 37 goals
    2- Atlético - 31 goals
    3- Valencia - 28 goals
    4- Real - 26 goals
    5- Espanyol - 24

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.medio...arcelona-video

The teams Messi scores the most against are literally the best teams in Spain.

Cute narrative though.
    Last edited by DAF86; 06-20-2020 at 07:33 PM.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Messi's favourite victims

1- Sevilla - 37 goals
    2- Atlético - 31 goals
    3- Valencia - 28 goals
    4- Real - 26 goals
    5- Espanyol - 24

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.medio...arcelona-video

The teams Messi scores the most against are literally the best teams in Spain.

Cute narrative though.
    He scored 37 goals against Sevilla this season?
    31 vs AM this season?
    etc
    etc

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    He scored 37 goals against Sevilla this season?
    31 vs AM this season?
    etc
    etc
    Not 37, but he scored against Sevilla this season already.

So, you are making this "Messi doesn't show up vs top teams" narrative out of this season alone? Damn, what a weak ass sample size, tbh. Especially considering that Messi scored against those type of teams this season already.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Barca is so ing bad.

If it wasn't for Messi, they wouldn't even be on Champions League position. He literally participated on every single goal since the comeback.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Artur out, Pjanic in

Barca

My Team
    Russia
    Post Count
    lol Varcelona

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Messi 0 shot on target in the last 2 games 😂

Veteran
    Post Count
    VAR really is removing all doubts and making for better reffed games eh??!

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    VAR really is removing all doubts and making for better reffed games eh??!
    Removing all doubts? No. That will never happen. There will always be controversy.

Better reffed games? Yes, undoubtetly. Only a slow mofo or a person with an agenda would argue otherwise, tbh.

Veteran
    Post Count
    im too lazy to link stuff, but in recent weeks there have been phantom goal, botched offsides, cards, penalties.. you dont have any data to show the game is better reffed, all i see is more bickering, longer games and a delay before celebrating goals..

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    im too lazy to link stuff, but in recent weeks there have been phantom goal, botched offsides, cards, penalties.. you dont have any data to show the game is better reffed, all i see is more bickering, longer games and a delay before celebrating goals..
    What data more than blatant calls, that previously couldn't be reviewed, now being reversed you need?

You do realize that VAR officials failing to do their job on a particular play or game doesn't make you right, right?

If there is a blatant penalty that wasn't called and VAR didn't check either, well bad job on part of the VAR officials, but how does getting rid of VAR would make that situation better? The penalty wasn't called on first instance anyway.

For every play that VAR fails to do right, there are 10 other calls that get correctly reversed. That's a huge improvement if you ask me, tbh. And before you come at me with a senseless "VAR gets more calls wrong", just don't. That's not true. They objectively get it right most of the time. The thing is that when a call gets correctly reversed it doesn't get press. As with anything in life, controversy sells more than justice and football shows will obviously rather fixate on the mistakes than on the correct calls. Heck, even when there is no mistake, football shows will try to create controversy out of nothing.

So, for your own sake, I advice you to stop ing about VAR. It's a bad look, it makes people look like ignorant dinosaurs. It just makes you look dumb, tbh. Yeah, I know that the mistakes that do happen now look 10 times worse, but that's only because of the use of technology and that's exactly the point. In '86 you could forgive a handball goal under the motto "the hand of God", if that were to happen today you wouldn't hear the end of it. And that's why technology is also useful: to expose extreme negligence, or even corruption.
    Last edited by DAF86; 07-06-2020 at 05:16 PM.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Did someone see that crazy Sevilla-Eibar finish?

Sevilla's keeper was injured and Sevilla didn't have more subs. So Ocampos, a forward, was placed as keeper. On the last play of the game, Eibar's keeper went to Sevilla's box on a set piece and he had a point blank zero shot that Ocampos saved. A Forward made a save to prevent the opossing team's keeper from tying the game on the last second.
    Last edited by DAF86; 07-06-2020 at 06:14 PM.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Did someone see that crazy Sevilla-Eibar finish?

Sevilla's keeper was injured and Sevilla didn't have more subs. So Ocampos, a forward, was placed as keeper. On the last play of the game, Eibar's keeper went to Sevilla's box on a set piece and he had a point blank zero shot that Ocampos saved. A Forward made a save to prevent the opossing team's keeper from tying the game on the last second.
    That was one of the most bizarre finishes to a game I have ever seen

Even though the top of La Liga isn’t as strong as it used to be, I think it’s been the most fun league to watch since the break as a whole.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    WOOHOOOOOOO

See you in 3 years when we win our next La Liga le

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Congrats lefty Jodelo and Bynumite

And all the other Real Madrid fans on here. You guys deserved it, amazing streak since the break.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

And all the other Real Madrid fans on here. You guys deserved it, amazing streak since the break.
    Thanks bro

I truly believe some old legs (Modric etc) have greatly benefited from the quarantine rest

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Really good since the break. Now, rest everyone on Sunday for the CL.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    I'm not a Real fan, i'm a GOATnaldo fan but i do appreciate Real for handing Lionel Harden what is likely a trophyless season for him

Absolutely pathetic, even compared to the choking we've been accustomed to see from midget throughout the years.
    Last edited by Bynumite; 07-16-2020 at 06:49 PM.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Really good since the break. Now, rest everyone on Sunday for the CL.
    Yep

Thread Information