Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is playing both Bryn and Belinelli because he is giving them the opportunity to showcase their value to their next teams next year.

This will be both Bryn and Beli’s last year in silver and black. The Spurs will move from them.
    Pop has gone soft in the last years and he wants to show that he is grateful for what his “shooters” have done for him.

This is my theory, and the only acceptable reason I can come with for this players playing more than LWIV, White and Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could say that about Forbes, but with Beli you know what you're gonna get.

Maybe he is setting Forbes to get a decent contract ( he's got playing time and shooting as his only attributes )

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Pop is activey sacrificing this season to get those two guys better contrcts next year, with other teams? Got it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is playing both Bryn and Belinelli because he is giving them the opportunity to showcase their value to their next teams next year.

Hm. So, it's hypothesized that Pop plays them so much because he wants all the other teams to observe that their long-term value is crap. Seems fair enough. I guess.

My own theory is that Pop plays them because of what he has said.

About Upchuck: "he reminds me of Steph Curry."

About Beli: "he knows the system."

I don't think it's complicated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. No. There is no secret reason pop is overplaying these scrubs. It comes down to him trusting them and in his mind they "deserve" their time. Pop has always had a pecking order

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. No. There is no secret reason pop is overplaying these scrubs. It comes down to him trusting them and in his mind they "deserve" their time. Pop has always had a pecking order
    With Bryn, it's just because he's a favorite. You can tell when he yells at everyone else for the slightest misstep, but coddles Forbes and rubs his neck after his opponent drops 35 on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This will be both Bryn and Beli’s last year in silver and black. The Spurs will move from them.
    Pop has gone soft in the last years and he wants to show that he is grateful for what his “shooters” have done for him.

This is my theory, and the only acceptable reason I can come with for this players playing more than LWIV, White and Murray.

Doesn't make sense tbh. Forbes maybe, but if the Spurs weren't re-signing him then why "showcase" him so he could then sign elsewhere?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 / 10 I lol'd at some of them.

We should have a joke thread for Why CIA Pop plays Bryn Bryn and his other pets. But ya Bryn Bryn is #1 now, wow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marco might not even get another contract unless it's from Pop. He is old and only getting worse and that goes for both Pop and Marco

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Pop is activey sacrificing this season to get those two guys better contrcts next year, with other teams? Got it.
    The thread le is in all caps, you cannot argue with the premise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would put this out of the realm of possibility that poop is trying to boost the value of forbes and beli.
    And hold down the value of LWIV

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it's to justify the huge contract they are about to give Bryn... Spurstalk will rage so hard, lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it's to justify the huge contract they are about to give Bryn... Spurstalk will rage so hard, lol.
    "I can give these contracts to these guys but what will Spurstalk think? That's what we need to know before we move forward. Maybe if I give these guys minutes first"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Belinelli said he wants to retire a Spur and I totally expect him to do that

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't see how any NBA coach can watch an undersized guy like Forbes who moves two feet per go on help defense and doesn't offer much offensively either outside of his shot when it's working. I give up on looking for a reason other than Gregg is not a good coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hahahahahaha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha spurstalk..

Thread Information