Page 144 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 4205
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama never having the Senate. They were 60-40 for a stint in late 2009 and 58 or 59 throughout most of Obama's first 2 years.
    He meant they never had the 60 votes for the public option. They passed the Public Option in the House but not the Senate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait to hear what Biden has to say on the Sunday shows today. What, he's not on any?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He meant they never had the 60 votes for the public option. They passed the Public Option in the House but not the Senate.
    Dems will never sniff 60 again in the Senate... '08 election was an extreme anomaly.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Can't wait to hear what Biden has to say on the Sunday shows today. What, he's not on any?
    obviously coronavirus is preventing him from making remote appearances from his house on the Sunday talk shows

please stop talking about the fact Biden’s campaign is trying as hard to hide him as the McCain campaign was trying to hide Sarah Palin

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Dems will never sniff 60 again in the Senate... '08 election was an extreme anomaly.
    Both parties can reach 60 in the right political climate, but chances are the Dems teaching 60 includes at least 4-5 Joe Manchin types.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both parties can reach 60 in the right political climate, but chances are the Dems teaching 60 includes at least 4-5 Joe Manchin types.
    The GOP is much more likely to ever reach 60 than the Dems due to the fact that each state gets 2 senators no matter the population. I think the most likely case scenario / general equilibrium is about 51-55 in favor of GOP.

GOP might lose a seat or two this cycle but they'll gain back at least the Alabama seat and maybe more. The 2022 one is the best chance for the Dems because it includes a ton of swingy northern states with GOP in bents.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The GOP is much more likely to ever reach 60 than the Dems due to the fact that each state gets 2 senators no matter the population. I think the most likely case scenario / general equilibrium is about 51-55 in favor of GOP.

GOP might lose a seat or two this cycle but they'll gain back at least the Alabama seat and maybe more. The 2022 one is the best chance for the Dems because it includes a ton of swingy northern states with GOP in bents.
    might lose a seat or two? They’re going to lose Colorado by 10+ points, and they’re trailing in Arizona and Maine right now. It’s also closer in North Carolina than people think with a Democratic Governor who’s not going to try and suppress the black vote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    might lose a seat or two? They’re going to lose Colorado by 10+ points, and they’re trailing in Arizona and Maine right now. It’s also closer in North Carolina than people think with a Democratic Governor who’s not going to try and suppress the black vote.
    spring polls... grain of salt... I agree they will lose the Colorado seat they gained in 2014, but little or nothing else. I don't think AZ is blue enough to put in 2 Democrat senators. 2020 general election will tell. AZ holds red at the electoral college level = they retain the senate seat, too... same can be said for NC, and possibly ME2.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    obviously coronavirus is preventing him from making remote appearances from his house on the Sunday talk shows

please stop talking about the fact Biden’s campaign is trying as hard to hide him as the McCain campaign was trying to hide Sarah Palin
    a presidential campaign whose best strategy is to hide their candidate as much as possible

oh btw he’s applying for the most visible job on the planet.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    spring polls... grain of salt... I agree they will lose the Colorado seat they gained in 2014, but little or nothing else. I don't think AZ is blue enough to put in 2 Democrat senators. 2020 general election will tell. AZ holds red at the electoral college level = they retain the senate seat, too... same can be said for NC, and possibly ME2.
    So you’re saying AZ is blue enough to slip one senate seat but not two? That logic makes no sense, especially when it’s the same Republican senate candidate who already lost to a Democrat.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    a presidential campaign whose best strategy is to hide their candidate as much as possible

oh btw he’s applying for the most visible job on the planet.
    I guess Biden is the perfect coronavirus candidate. The less people see him the more they like him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden ghosted sometime last week, did he become a ghost?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He wants Sanders to officially quit, but, the stubborn bas won't abide.

Good for him.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Biden ghosted sometime last week, did he become a ghost?
    He can no longer appear as long as Sanders is around...THEN it's a race again. The race is over. Over over, but, the DNC can't get Sanders to quit it so Biden can go head-to-head vs. the President without Sanders hanging around like an albatross.

If & When they start conducting Primaries once & again this is up to SandersPERIOD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you’re saying AZ is blue enough to slip one senate seat but not two? That logic makes no sense, especially when it’s the same Republican senate candidate who already lost to a Democrat.
    Yeah I think it was dumb as for the GOP to force Martha McSally down the Republicans' throats after she got upset by a pathetic hipster pinko commie. They needed a better candidate, someone with more Western AZ values but non-racist, someone like McCain was (before he ed out in 2017).

My logic on the purple split-senate states makes sense when you think about how that's the exact case with most of the Northern / rust belt states. That's why I'm saying 2022 is the Dems' best chance in a long time to flip the senate. Think 2006... similar scenario with a less-than-super-popular GOP president nearing the end of his second term in office.

WI, OH, PA GOP seats will all be quite vulnerable in 2022... No General Election favors the party that doesn't have the in bent White House president.

The other thing is that there was no General Election when Sinema beat McSally (and by a hair)... assuming AZ goes to Trump, likely McSally hangs on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans are the leftwing party now
    #outflanked read my bio at [email protected] then enter aol keyord outflanked

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can no longer appear as long as Sanders is around...THEN it's a race again. The race is over. Over over, but, the DNC can't get Sanders to quit it so Biden can go head-to-head vs. the President without Sanders hanging around like an albatross.

If & When they start conducting Primaries once & again this is up to SandersPERIOD
    If Sanders (and Tulsi) were serious, they'd start a new party. That old cuckold commie has some serious cognitive dissonance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see this week's talking point is "Where is Joe Biden?"

This is one in a long line of talking points progressives have been using as the cool kids melt down due to getting their teeth kicked in by the dumb poopyhead, normie libs week after week who are barely even online

Previously, it was "Joe Biden is senile, has dementia, won't stand up during a debate, and will also get destroyed by Bernie at same said debate 1 on 1" and well yeah

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess Biden is the perfect coronavirus candidate. The less people see him the more they like him.
    Except it would spotlight his mortality problem.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Previously, it was "Joe Biden is senile, has dementia
    Are you still in denial about this, Person A?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont like his policies not because they're bad but because they're not realistic and I dont like how he paints everyone else that's not him as evil establishment people.

Also how he blatantly lies to his own supporters selling his non executable policies. Yeah sure Republicans will just let him up the system beyond recognition.
    this guy on Twitter I follow calls him Mr. Seven Minute Abs due to this one bit from a Ben Stiller movie. His entire shtick is to promise 2-3x what anyone can reasonably do then moralize condescendingly on anyone who is realistic

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    “Joe Biden is the best candidate and anybody saying otherwise is a whiney excuse making Bernie Bro, but also I think Trump will beat Biden, so don’t poke fun at me for supporting Biden when Trump wins, but you still need to support Biden!”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see this week's talking point is "Where is Joe Biden?"
    Dunno about "this week", tbh, iirc its been brought up here throughout the campaign...

He's the Dem candidate now, and this is a momentous time to show his potential voters the kind of leadership to expect, hopefully he can string 5 sentences together...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dunno about "this week", tbh, iirc its been brought up here throughout the campaign...

He's the Dem candidate now, and this is a momentous time to show his potential voters the kind of leadership to expect, hopefully he can string 5 sentences together...
    Stop being a brainwashed whiny Bernie Bro!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie is done, tbh... spotlight is on Biden to deliver the goods

Thread Information