My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernout

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you ever met a Hillary fan in the flesh? This is what the DNC does, the pick candidates who inspire an alarmingly low amount of enthusiasm.
    To be fair, nobody in their halls of power meets that threshold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this should go well

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this should go well

He should. He'd win too.

We have a real life derp as a mayor right now who has been failing at everything he does. Yang would be a total upgrade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should. He'd win too.

We have a real life derp as a mayor right now who has been failing at everything he does. Yang would be a total upgrade
    Couldn't disagree more.

Yang is a total lightweight and a dipwad to boot.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Couldn't disagree more.

Yang is a total lightweight and a dipwad to boot.
    What’s your beef with Yang?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    He should. He'd win too.

Max Rose is also planning to run iirc. I don’t see Rose getting much support beyond Staten Island.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something something caved to the establishment something something.

Purists are crazy. You should see the infighting between Kyle Kulinski, Cenk, Anna and that old dude Jimmy Dore.

You cannot disagree with any of their viewpoint or else you're a shill for the establishment. Suddenly TYT is super establishment now. That was fun to read.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fleeting impression from the debates, fatal combination of arrogance, pandering and shallow-mindedness.

His ambition seems to overshadow everthing else about him imho, but I'll admit I haven't considered him carefully. I find him hard to take seriously. That may be my fault, not his, but I doubt it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something something caved to the establishment something something.

Purists are crazy. You should see the infighting between Kyle Kulinski, Cenk, Anna and that old dude Jimmy Dore.

You cannot disagree with any of their viewpoint or else you're a shill for the establishment. Suddenly TYT is super establishment now. That was fun to read.
    lol no.

Not a Cenk stan, and I have no idea who Jimmy Dore is. I don't care what Kulinsky and Anna think about anything so, way off base there. Seems you have a weird grudge, though. lol

I just at don't like Yang. His folksy grandiose/shallowness doesn't do it for me, YMMV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, what kind of person runs for president, then says, wait no, I'll be the mayor of New York City?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, what kind of person runs for president, then says, wait no, I'll be the mayor of New York City?
    The kind that runs but doesn’t have enough support to win then drops out. Just like the other 20 candidates did.

Is Yang supposed to go hide in his apartment for the rest of his life because he couldn’t win a nomination? Weird ing comment. Is like you have a grudge or something....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The kind that runs but doesn’t have enough support to win then drops out. Just like the other 20 candidates did.

Is Yang supposed to go hide in his apartment for the rest of his life because he couldn’t win a nomination? Weird ing comment. Is like you have a grudge or something....
    Not at all, I just don't like him. Ambition to substance quotient not in his favor IMO.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 12-25-2020 at 12:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But, if you have an axe to grind, please do go on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But, if you have an axe to grind, please do go on.
    Some heavy projection in here.

Doesn't know the first thing about Yang. Goes on to assume the worst plus some.

Then asks if I’m the one with an axe to grind. What a joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some heavy projection in here.

Doesn't know the first thing about Yang. Goes on to assume the worst plus some.

Then asks if I’m the one with an axe to grind. What a joke.
    Still grinding away I see. His direct cash bounty idea was a notably bright-minded moment.

What do you like about him? So far you've said nothing about Yang and are just talking about me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Andrew Yang stans, why do you like him?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Andrew Yang stans, why do you like him?
    He’s focused on the popular progressive issues (wealth inequality, climate change) and mostly shies away from the toxic ones (wokeness, Defund the Police, etc.). He’s also ahead of his time in terms of what an automated economy looks like 25+ years from now, at some point we’re going to need either a UBI or another mechanism to solve for the fact there aren’t enough 40 hour /week jobs to go around anymore.

I also think an Asian candidate helps solve for the tensions between blacks and Hispanics, which is an increasingly problematic elephant in the room Democrats haven’t been able to solve for. An Asian candidate still makes the Dems look like the “inclusive” party but blacks and Hispanics won’t feel slighted by seeing the other one get the nod.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    In the time since Yang has become relevant UBI has gone from something that not even the most left wing factions of the party talked about to something that tens of millions of people are now clamoring for. He hasn’t exactly gotten less popular since dropping out of the primary.

I also think Yangs proposed way of paying for a UBI (implementing a value add tax....almost every other western industrialized country has a VAT) will be much easier to sell to voters than massively increasing individual or corporate income taxes.

An MSNBC whistleblower said recently that the network had a directive to intentionally not cover him during the primary which also makes me like him more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the time since Yang has become relevant UBI has gone from something that not even the most left wing factions of the party talked about to something that tens of millions of people are now clamoring for. He hasn’t exactly gotten less popular since dropping out of the primary.

I also think Yangs proposed way of paying for a UBI (implementing a value add tax....almost every other western industrialized country has a VAT) will be much easier to sell to voters than massively increasing individual or corporate income taxes.

An MSNBC whistleblower said recently that the network had a directive to intentionally not cover him during the primary which also makes me like him more.
    Not a knock, but most of what you're emphasizing seems related to branding and salesmanship.

Negging idpol while ticking the idpol boxes, selling UBI to the American people.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does that even mean?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does that even mean?
    bernie or bust, etc

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a knock, but most of what you're emphasizing seems related to branding and salesmanship.

Negging idpol while ticking the idpol boxes, selling UBI to the American people.
    You should probably stop now.

Thread Information