Page 56 of 169 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 4205
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    biden's lead in the SC polls is growing... he's consolidating the buttigieg/klobuchar vote there quite a bit
    i think SC has always been there for biden. the question is really how many delegates will he take home and will it impact super tuesday in any substantial manner? if biden still gets hammered on tuesday, SC is a moot victory.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    biden's lead in the SC polls is growing... he's consolidating the buttigieg/klobuchar vote there quite a bit
    Coupled with the Corona Crash, CNN/MSNBC ain't been this happy in quite a while.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Coupled with the Corona Crash, CNN/MSNBC ain't been this happy in quite a while.
    As long as Bloomer doesn’t ring.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    As long as Bloomer doesn’t ring.
    Well, (they) de-fibrillated Biden enough to be able to stash Bloom until needed again...in the interim (they'll) teach him how to act, debate, & get over. A respite for MSM, at least till Tuesday. (They're) in their wheel-house, & most importantly...(THEY) recognize it & hence, know it. They just have to make it last now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think SC has always been there for biden. the question is really how many delegates will he take home and will it impact super tuesday in any substantial manner? if biden still gets hammered on tuesday, SC is a moot victory.
    It’ll make him more compe ive in southern states which he was losing in or tied.

Bernie is still poised to come out looking pretty after Super Tuesday in California alone. It’s looking like he’ll get 300 delegates out of the 413.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    recount accomplished nothing

14 delegates to pete
    12 for sanders

https://kwwl.com/2020/02/27/iowa-dem...aucus-recount/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the DNC denies Bernie, do you think there will be a riot in Milwaukee this summer?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

14 delegates to pete
    12 for sanders

It accomplished nothing but Jesus, 19 out of 23 precincts had changes to delegate allocation?

It’s a joke that two small state caucuses play such a huge role in primaries.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    If the DNC denies Bernie, do you think there will be a riot in Milwaukee this summer?
    If he only wins by a plurality of <5% I don’t think so. You’ll have some butthurt BernieBros and I think it’d be political suicide in terms of trying to build solidarity around a candidate, but most people (me for instance) would get over it and vote for whoever won (unless it’s Bloomberg, if superdelegates tip the scales for Bloomer I think Dems will revolt no matter how small the pledged delegate gap was).

If Sanders has a plurality of >10% and the superdelegates deny him, you might as well burn it all down

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We go through this every 4 years. Brokered convention comes up as often as Hillary will run for president again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he only wins by a plurality of <5% I don’t think so. You’ll have some butthurt BernieBros and I think it’d be political suicide in terms of trying to build solidarity around a candidate, but most people (me for instance) would get over it and vote for whoever won (unless it’s Bloomberg, if superdelegates tip the scales for Bloomer I think Dems will revolt no matter how small the pledged delegate gap was).

If Sanders has a plurality of >10% and the superdelegates deny him, you might as well burn it all down
    Bernie can probably run as a third party and have a small chance. With his already large following, a good chunk of common sense democrats would go along with him. I wouldn't vote for any chosen democrats if Bernie has a plurality then gets robbed. I'd probably be on board voting third party.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well, hopefully that won't happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yeah, i dont see why somebody with a razor-thin plurality should be declared the winner when the rules call for a majority. if you have a 35-30-20-etc... its not a very strong argument that even the leader reflects the "will of the people"... you would only be able to figure that out if everybody used ranked choice voting (which they should).

but if the leader has 43% and the next person has 25% or something, it would be absurd to flip that over its head. youd have to assume that the lower vote-getter would be getting an 80-20 split of the remaining votes, which is absurd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie can probably run as a third party and have a small chance. With his already large following, a good chunk of common sense democrats would go along with him. I wouldn't vote for any chosen democrats if Bernie has a plurality then gets robbed. I'd probably be on board voting third party.
    The delusional capability of bros is truly remarkable. It’s Bernie, AOC and the pack and bros. Undercard dems are running from Bernie like he’s teeming with Coronavirus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

3rd party bernie runs means trump is president

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    yeah, i dont see why somebody with a razor-thin plurality should be declared the winner when the rules call for a majority. if you have a 35-30-20-etc... its not a very strong argument that even the leader reflects the "will of the people"... you would only be able to figure that out if everybody used ranked choice voting (which they should).

but if the leader has 43% and the next person has 25% or something, it would be absurd to flip that over its head. youd have to assume that the lower vote-getter would be getting an 80-20 split of the remaining votes, which is absurd
    I do think though that in the 25-30-20 scenario the party will need to tread lightly. If they have the mindset of “Oh well Bernie didn’t win in a complete landslide so it’s time to screw him and completely ditch his platform!” (which they seem to have) there might not be a full on revolt but a big chunk of Bernie voters will stay home. They need to have some kind of compromise in mind that’s better than 2016 (a bunch of meaningless pla udes from Hillary Clinton). I’m thinking Warren might be staying in the race despite having no path to victory and no money because she’s the compromise candidate who comes out on top in a brokered convention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

14 delegates to pete
    12 for sanders

How'd the NV recount go?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mayo Pete needs to get over 15%

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do think though that in the 25-30-20 scenario the party will need to tread lightly. If they have the mindset of “Oh well Bernie didn’t win in a complete landslide so it’s time to screw him and completely ditch his platform!” (which they seem to have) there might not be a full on revolt but a big chunk of Bernie voters will stay home. They need to have some kind of compromise in mind that’s better than 2016 (a bunch of meaningless pla udes from Hillary Clinton). I’m thinking Warren might be staying in the race despite having no path to victory and no money because she’s the compromise candidate who comes out on top in a brokered convention.
    I don't know, I'm starting to think Warren is still there to try to pledge her delegates to Sanders at the convention in exchange for possibly the VP or a cabinet position. She keeps doing Bernie's dirty work at the debates going after Bloomberg.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

3rd party bernie runs means trump is president
    I said small chance. Perot pulled in nearly 20% and he didn't have near the support Bernie does.

We'll lose, sure but that's going to happen regardless say a Bloomberg type gets it. who knows, maybe a third party can form as an alternative to the Democrats.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know, I'm starting to think Warren is still there to try to pledge her delegates to Sanders at the convention in exchange for possibly the VP or a cabinet position. She keeps doing Bernie's dirty work at the debates going after Bloomberg.
    For what it's worth..

https://theweek.com/speedreads/88908...-old-white-guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said small chance. Perot pulled in nearly 20% and he didn't have near the support Bernie does.

We'll lose, sure but that's going to happen regardless say a Bloomberg type gets it. who knows, maybe a third party can form as an alternative to the Democrats.
    0% chance imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3rd party candidates siphon votes and hurt one of the two party candidates.
    Last edited by DarrinS; 02-28-2020 at 12:14 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think what hurt Sanders the most is that the old system had superdelegates who pledged their support for a candidate go into the count as if they were regular pledge delegates. That made it to where candidates could start off with huge disadvantages if the establishment didn't like them going in. By pure numbers, Sanders lost. But it's not clear that he'd've lost some of those contests had Clinton not had the front-runner status helping her. According to this random article from CNN in May 2016, Clinton held a nearly 500-point lead over Sanders in terms of superdelegates. That was more than 60 percent of her lead at the time, and it represented a nearly insurmountable advantage. It was clear at that point that she was gonna get elected no matter what Sanders did, so what was the point in even voting for him?

Wikipedia said this about the June contests:

On June 6, both the Associated Press and NBC News reported that Clinton had sufficient support from pledged and unpledged delegates to become the presumptive Democratic nominee.[123] Clinton's campaign seemed reluctant to accept the mantle of "presumptive nominee" before all the voting was concluded,[124] while Sanders' campaign stated it would continue to run and accused the media of a "rush to judgement."[125] Six states held their primaries on June 7. Clinton won in California, New Jersey, New Mexico and South Dakota. Sanders won Montana and North Dakota, the latter being the only caucus contest held on that day.[126] Clinton finally declared victory on the evening of June 7, as the results ensured that she had won a majority of the pledged delegates and the popular vote.[126]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_D...tial_primaries

I'm not saying that Clinton would not have won without superdelegates, but I think them mattering and being able to commit early help reify the sense of inevitability that her campaign had been trying to instill in voters.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not saying that Clinton would not have won without superdelegates, but I think them mattering and being able to commit early help reify the sense of inevitability that her campaign had been trying to instill in voters.
    She would've probably lost IMO w/o superdelegate system. People like to say she won by 3 million votes or whatever; but the truth is that with the writing on the wall people stayed away while others just wanted to support the presumptive nominee as a show of solidarity. Over and over, Bernie would have better showings and Hillary's delegate count would get the headlines. It's a submission system. It did what it was designed to do.

Thread Information