Page 77 of 169 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 4205
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the problem. Sure, in a primary where the DNC is stacking the deck in his favor, you can simply give him "medicine" to control his gaffs and it'll be enough to put him over the top.

Going up against Trump where he's on an even playing field and doesn't have the people administering the election trying to help him win will require more than "controlling his episodes". He's actually going to need to speak coherently and give people a reason to vote for him.

I'm not sure how much more evidence you need to conclude his viability is untenable. He forgot the most famous line from the god damn Declaration of Independence today.
    That will depend on whom he picks for VP. A much younger, more charismatic running mate would alliviate some concerns. But you're going at 100mph here assuming Biden will be the guy. I say Sanders still has an 85% shot at the nomination.

Tomorrow that can be at 99.9%.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Any Biden supporter who's honest with his/herself would admit that if in 2008 Sarah Palin had forgotten "We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal" the Dems (including most Biden supporters) would be jumping all over it and calling McCain irresponsible for putting someone with such diminished mental capacity so close to the presidency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any Biden supporter who's honest with his/herself would admit that if in 2008 Sarah Palin had forgotten "We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal" the Dems (including most Biden supporters) would be jumping all over it and calling McCain irresponsible for putting someone with such diminished mental capacity so close to the presidency.
    to be fair, mccain WAS irresponsible for putting someone with such diminished mental capacity so close to the presidency

i remember during the trump campaign i showed my dad one of palin's belligerent rambles and he started laughing saying that Tina Fey is really funny

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no but added lol "for his age"
    Triggered cuckold.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McCain's main choice was a ing mummy. Lieberman would have been an equal disaster.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    to be fair, mccain WAS irresponsible for putting someone with such diminished mental capacity so close to the presidency

i remember during the trump campaign i showed my dad one of palin's belligerent rambles and he started laughing saying that Tina Fey is really funny
    He absolutely was.

Clyburn endorsing Biden knowing full well his mental capacity is equally diminished simply because Massa Biden gon' let Jim stay in the big house is equally irresponsible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "we need a new kind of politics!

...also biden 2020"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i will say, a big positive about buttigieg's campaign, imo, was how little his sexuality ever really came up as a reason not to vote for him. granted, this was still within the scope of the democratic primary, and the tone certainly would have shifted in the general election... but im pretty pleased with how it played out from that perspective

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Triggered!!!!!!!!! HUR HURDURHURDURHURDURCUCKHURDURDUR

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i will say, a big positive about buttigieg's campaign, imo, was how little his sexuality ever really came up as a reason not to vote for him. granted, this was still within the scope of the democratic primary, and the tone certainly would have shifted in the general election... but im pretty pleased with how it played out from that perspective
    True. It would have been real fascinating to watch it play out in the general. I don't think Trump would say much but no doubt his Evangelical base would go nuts.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. It would have been real fascinating to watch it play out in the general. I don't think Trump would say much but no doubt his Evangelical base would go nuts.
    He wouldn't need to say anything. America doesn't want that beta male as president.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wouldn't need to say anything. America doesn't want that beta male as president.
    You're like the alphas bbc amirite?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

...also biden 2020"

This is why most people saw right through him from the start. He seems too fake, too robotic to be genuine.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're like the alphas bbc amirite?
    Don't lash out, tranny. You know I'm right.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

...also biden 2020"

Good lord it sure as sounds like Biden is all but saying Pete would be my VP.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That will depend on whom he picks for VP. A much younger, more charismatic running mate would alliviate some concerns. But you're going at 100mph here assuming Biden will be the guy. I say Sanders still has an 85% shot at the nomination.
    No it wouldn't, VP almost never matters. If there was ever a VP that was going to carry a presidential candidate it would have been Lloyd Bentsen in 1988, but Dukakis still got destroyed in a landslide despite Bush having a re in Dan Quayle as his VP. The only election I have ever seen the VP mean anything was when Paul Ryan torpedoed Romney's campaign by running on killing off Medicare for everyone but the boomers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it wouldn't, VP almost never matters. If there was ever a VP that was going to carry a presidential candidate it would have been Lloyd Bentsen in 1988, but Dukakis still got destroyed in a landslide despite Bush having a re in Dan Quayle as his VP. The only election I have ever seen the VP mean anything was when Paul Ryan torpedoed Romney's campaign by running on killing off Medicare for everyone but the boomers.
    Things have changed though. You cant disagree that had Hillary picked Bernie as her VP that that wouldn't have mattered. It is the difference between Trump president not Clinton.

We're dealing with relics here no matter who you're talking about. A young running mate who is liked and excites people can help in the case of Biden who is fairly bland and establishment.

What I think anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's no chance bernie would have wanted to be clinton's VP

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's no chance bernie would have wanted to be clinton's VP
    Like he wouldn't have said yes. Bernie is seeking power just like the rest of them. He's not just doing it for the hipsters you know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like he wouldn't have said yes. Bernie is seeking power just like the rest of them. He's not just doing it for the hipsters you know.
    you think he'd want to carry water for somebody who has zero interest in pursuing his agenda that he's been running on for decades?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What's with the rash of people coming out now. This has got to be beyond just the DNC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also, after watching Pete's endorsement and Biden's comments, i'd be shocked if Buttigieg wasn't tapped as Biden's running mate.

not only did Biden make repeated comments about Pete representing the future, and that if this was six years later, biden would be endorsing pete and not the other way around... but a good amount of biden's speech was, imo, a genuine, heartfelt comparison of buttigieg to beau, and i dont think biden would just throw that around lightly

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd be shocked if Buttigieg wasn't tapped as Biden's running mate.
    Pretty sure he got tapped

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very first sentence about moderates performing better in presidential elections is all I need to hear. The more moderate candidate has lost every presidential election in this country since McGovern ran against Nixon in 1972.
    So were Bernie an actual communist, he would win in a landslide!

Makes sense.

Thread Information