Page 54 of 169 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 4205
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She stopped posting right after she realized you were Blake level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had to explain this to my 75 year old father who said "why are these kids taking out all this debt, why don't they just get summer jobs to pay for it, like I did"

I looked up the cost for the state college in missouri, then figured out how many hours you would have to work at $10 per hour for 12 weeks to earn enough to go to a year.

Hours required:

176 per week.

Hours in one week:

Pay rate required to earn enough to attend college in 12 weeks at full time:
    $42.74

I then asked him what sane person would bother going to college if they were already earning $42/hr.

Hardest thing for people as they get older is to realize that the world changes.
    There aren't a lot of 4 year degrees that will net you a 40 dollars an hour job in the 1st place. You'd be better to go the technical school route if that's your goal, and pay a small fraction of the cost at the expense of not having a Greek fraternity symbol tattooed on your hip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that some people endured struggles in the past doesn't justify ignoring those issues going forward
    It's not that simple of course.

Ignoring issues? No. Ignoring people with unrealistic ideals about how to deal with them? Sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She stopped posting right after she realized you were Blake level.
    still nope

more try-hard, fail-hard, from someone who will probably die alone and unloved. I genuinely pity you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There aren't a lot of 4 year degrees that will net you a 40 dollars an hour job in the 1st place. You'd be better to go the technical school route if that's your goal, and pay a small fraction of the cost at the expense of not having a Greek fraternity symbol tattooed on your hip.
    Boomers are aging out of the trades in record numbers. Getting into a trade at 18, and starting to earn a paycheck right away, with full pay in about 3 years makes a lot of sense financially.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not that simple of course.

Ignoring issues? No. Ignoring people with unrealistic ideals about how to deal with them? Sure.
    yeah, ignoring. what proposals are there from any conservative political figure to address student loan debt?

none. its just that people should pay what they signed up for because my generation had to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boomers are aging out of the trades in record numbers. Getting into a trade at 18, and starting to earn a paycheck right away, with full pay in about 3 years makes a lot of sense financially.
    3 years is a bit aggressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, ignoring. what proposals are there from any conservative political figure to address student loan debt?

none. its just that people should pay what they signed up for because my generation had to
    Having no proposal is cheaper than having a faulty one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you might agree that "no proposal" aka ignoring the issue is the way to go.

it's still ignoring the issue

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still nope

more try-hard, fail-hard, from someone who will probably die alone and unloved. I genuinely pity you.
    You got so mad when she announced you were a cuck that you begged her to stop posting.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you might agree that "no proposal" aka ignoring the issue is the way to go.

it's still ignoring the issue
    Still better than making it infinitely worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 years is a bit aggressive.
    Three was what the head of the local union said. Seen 3 and 4 online. Even so, earning a solid paycheck for that period of time, puts the option ahead of a lot of college degrees that require masters+ to be profitable on a net present value basis.

Those three or four years of income at the beginning of a working life make a pretty big difference when comparing outcomes over the long term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    deepity

Having no proposal is more expensive than a faulty one.

whee. evidence-less assertions are so much fun. I can see why that is all you do.

Now what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still better than making it infinitely worse.
    lifting massive debt off people's backs so they can purchase homes, have kids, stimulate the economy is making it infinitely worse? i disagree. but we can agree to disagree.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep laughing at yourself.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lifting massive debt off people's backs so they can purchase homes, have kids, stimulate the economy is making it infinitely worse? i disagree. but we can agree to disagree.
    Maybe people ac ulating mass debt that can't pay it off aren't the people who should be having kids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe people ac ulating mass debt that can't pay it off aren't the people who should be having kids.
    except the specific category of people we are talking about are those who are got degrees in order to get jobs and become productive members of society, including doctors, who on average finish school 200k in debt.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    except the specific category of people we are talking about are those who are got degrees in order to get jobs and become productive members of society, including doctors, who on average finish school 200k in debt.
    What kind of doctor can't pay off 200k in debt?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep laughing at yourself.
    Not really.

You think Blake is 95% of the posters here. You're obssessed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What kind of doctor can't pay off 200k in debt?
    eventually? sure.

but after getting out of medical school, they are doing at least 3 years of residency, where the average pay is about 60k per year. and those 3 years are a bare minimum. those who want to specialize do more. on the high end, for example, neurosurgeons do 7 years of residency. so including undergrad, medical school, and residency, you're looking at 15 years of accruing debt/interest before you're able to make enough money to begin hacking away at it around the same time of your life that you'd already have had kids and are spending a lot of money on child care

beyond the medical field, you have attorneys, engineers, mba's, science PhD's, etc among those who go to grad schools. and then you also have huge groups who just get undergrad degrees. and yes, admittedly, there are some wasteful degrees in the humanities that dont have any practical benefit for work... and we do have an issue where too many jobs "require" college degrees that dont actually do to prepare you (some banks require loan officers to have a 4 year degree, for instance)

not everyone has the same projected income of a post-residency doctor.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really.

You think Blake is 95% of the posters here. You're obssessed.
    Blake is just his screen name and clambake (which is monoslob if I'm wrong). I was wrong about Snitch Factor, but that's more on him for being such a triggered .

As it is, you're plenty mad that you're yoked with blake. Call him out for being the he is instead of manstrating so much, tranny, if you don't like it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eventually? sure.

but after getting out of medical school, they are doing at least 3 years of residency, where the average pay is about 60k per year. and those 3 years are a bare minimum. those who want to specialize do more. on the high end, for example, neurosurgeons do 7 years of residency. so including undergrad, medical school, and residency, you're looking at 15 years of accruing debt/interest before you're able to make enough money to begin hacking away at it around the same time of your life that you'd already have had kids and are spending a lot of money on child care

beyond the medical field, you have attorneys, engineers, mba's, science PhD's, etc among those who go to grad schools. and then you also have huge groups who just get undergrad degrees. and yes, admittedly, there are some wasteful degrees in the humanities that dont have any practical benefit for work... and we do have an issue where too many jobs "require" college degrees that dont actually do to prepare you (some banks require loan officers to have a 4 year degree, for instance)

not everyone has the same projected income of a post-residency doctor.
    That's a case for debt delays and not debt forgiveness. I'm not gong to cry about giving free money to millionaires.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake is just his screen name and clambake (which is monoslob if I'm wrong). I was wrong about Snitch Factor, but that's more on him for being such a triggered .

As it is, you're plenty mad that you're yoked with blake. Call him out for being the he is instead of manstrating so much, tranny, if you don't like it.
    Why are you always quantifying posts here? I'm not dependent on what Blake does here and I sure as know he isn't with me. Everyone does their own thing.

You seem to believe because you're a mama's boy that everyone else is, too. That basement trapped air is ing you up.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you always quantifying posts here? I'm not dependent on what Blake does here and I sure as know he isn't with me. Everyone does their own thing.

You seem to believe because you're a mama's boy that everyone else is, too. That basement trapped air is ing you up.
    Sucks to be yoked with blake. Rise above it, tranny.

Thread Information