Page 52 of 169 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 4205
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn’t qualify but Bernie wants to cancel the entire $1.6 trillion in outstanding student debt for 45 million borrowers. Why should I have to qualify for my free house?
    rising housing costs, beyond inflation, are just another way Capitalists are extracting wealth.

Don't want to be homeless? Pay the Capitalists exorbitant rent, or interest for decades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fine with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rising housing costs, beyond inflation, are just another way Capitalists are extracting wealth.

Don't want to be homeless? Pay the Capitalists exorbitant rent, or interest for decades.
    Or do like Boutons who lives with his mama in her smokey singlewide.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It's never gonna happen, bro. Sorry.
    Brilliant campaign strategy though. It’ll never happen but it’s going to drive millennial turnout and if he’s elected he can just blame Republicans 4 years from now when it doesn’t happen.

Its more or less Sanders’ version of the wall the Mexico is going to pay for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Free healthcare, free education, free housing, free beer, free sex. Give it to us all Bernie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you just noticed this?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you just noticed this?
    Someone else noticed and "emailed" it to Darrin.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Seriously Darrin, you didn’t notice Buttplug desperately trying to be the gay version of Obama until just now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should write a letter to your congressman to ask for a bill forgiving mortgage debt. As for myself, the cancelled student loan debt would free up a nice chunk that my wife and I can put toward paying off our home quicker or investing in our businesses.
    You can pay down your student loans with your reparations check.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can pay down your student loans with your reparations check.
    fingers crossed i gets whats due

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Someone else noticed and "emailed" it to Darrin.
    Shared it with him on facebook most likely

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    biden's polling numbers have been holding up leading to the SC primary.

SC has 54 pledged delegates... good opportunity to gain ground. right now biden is 30 delegates behind sanders, and only 10 behind pete. while the actual delegate count at this stage, mathematically, doesn't mean much in a race with over 3900 delegates to be had, the narrative/momentum would be big just days before super tuesday

biden isn't leading in many super tuesday polls, but he's within margin of error in some big states like texas and north carolina

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Free healthcare, free education, free housing, free beer, free sex. Give it to us all Bernie.
    The only person offering free is Trump with free tax cuts for the rich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its funny how much perspective shapes things...

right now, increasing taxes on the rich to provide healthcare for all is seen as an attack on the rich

if we started from a more humane system where everybody had healthcare, and taxes on the rich were a few points higher... and then some candidate said "we need to take away healthcare coverage, open up a private market, and cut taxes on the rich", it would be perceived as an attack on everybody else

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its funny how much perspective shapes things...

right now, increasing taxes on the rich to provide healthcare for all is seen as an attack on the rich

if we started from a more humane system where everybody had healthcare, and taxes on the rich were a few points higher... and then some candidate said "we need to take away healthcare coverage, open up a private market, and cut taxes on the rich", it would be perceived as an attack on everybody else

It's not just the rich that would have higher taxes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shared it with him on facebook most likely

I have never had a Facebook account

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not seeing any future presidents there, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not just the rich that would have higher taxes.
    true. everyone making more than 29k would pay a 4% medicare tax on that income, in the place of paying more than that for premiums... let alone deductibles, copays, and out of pocket expenses. for the working class and just about all of the middle class (depending on what percentile you use), its still a net gain

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    true. everyone making more than 29k would pay a 4% medicare tax on that income, in the place of paying more than that for premiums... let alone deductibles, copays, and out of pocket expenses. for the working class and just about all of the middle class (depending on what percentile you use), its still a net gain

I guess we know where that $15 minimum wage figure came from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we know where that $15 minimum wage figure came from.
    yeah, because somebody who works for $15/hr for 40 hours in 52 weeks will earn a whopping 31,200 and be gorged out of a whole 88 dollars in medicare tax (4% of the 2,200 they earned in excess of 29K) in exchange for also having healthcare

that sly bernie... pretending people on minimum wage get a raise when they have to pay $88 dollars a year for comprehensive healthcare

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When it comes to money, millennials do have some of the highest student loan debt rates of any generation in history. The average millennial has $30,000 in student loans.
    https://thecollegeinvestor.com/14611...h-millennials/

I don't think many, e.g. Darrin, etc fully grasp the economic reality of anyone under 40. Late-stage capitalism isn't doing them any favors. When your net worth at 22 starts off massively negative... that arc follows you for your entire life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, because somebody who works for $15/hr for 40 hours in 52 weeks will earn a whopping 31,200 and be gorged out of a whole 88 dollars in medicare tax (4% of the 2,200 they earned in excess of 29K) in exchange for also having healthcare

that sly bernie... pretending people on minimum wage get a raise when they have to pay $88 dollars a year for comprehensive healthcare
    But, but, but our current system of begging on GoFundMe for enough money to pay medical bills is working out so well...

GoFundMe CEO: One-Third of Site's Donations Are to Cover Medical Costs
    https://time.com/5516037/gofundme-me...one-third-ceo/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and our Dear Leader Trump has an ironclad plan to fix health care cost inflation, I'm sure. He just hasn't told us yet what that is after 3 years. It's sooper seekrit.

In 2016, healthcare spending reached $3.3 trillion, about 18 percent of GDP. The sector is also the biggest employer in the country with about 11 percent of the workforce, or 16 million people, but the economic benefits that come along with that output also have a “high price tag,” according to Moody’s.

Costs are anticipated to keep rising about 5.5 percent annually on average over the next decade as the U.S. population ages, CMS estimates, posing “a challenge for the U.S. government, households and businesses,” the analysis reads. Despite this, the U.S. isn’t faring any better when it comes to key measures of population health, such as life expectancy and infant mortality rates.
    The magical free market will solve this all by itself to make everybody better off, amiright?

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I have never had a Facebook account
    So your idiotic sense of humor is all natural? I thought for sure you were just regurgitating boomer facebook memes.

Or is Chump right and you still do e-mail chains?

Thread Information