Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If trade Poeltl before Bryn, we riot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man I would love for the Spurs to trade Carroll to the Bucks and he then becomes a key rotation player for them and they win a championship. Feel like I have seen this movie before...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team needs talent. Period. Wings being a big one, but overall, any talent.
    We've seen tweets circulating of just how much one guy like Brent can bring the team down. Take care of that first. He already brings the talent that is already here down. Surround him with more and he'll just do the same to them. He needs to GTFO.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We better get an insane haul if we are getting rid of Poeltl. Unfortunately we are not.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference is, some teams actually want Poeltl. Hard to trade a guy nobody wants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man I would love for the Spurs to trade Carroll to the Bucks and he then becomes a key rotation player for them and they win a championship. Feel like I have seen this movie before...
    That would greatly make up for his time here on the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If winning games is important trading Poeltl is a bad move. He's been playing great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much do the Bucks like Matthews? Starting for them but he's only playing 24 mpg and shooting 40% from the field. I feel like he'd still be a massive upgrade over Brent despite his age and injuries. I wanted him after he got bought out last season but he chose the Pacers instead.

Can't believe MIL got him for 2.5 mill/yr while we're paying Carroll 7 mill/yr to sit on the bench smh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs front office loaded with incompetence.

DeMarr Carroll signed for 3 years at 7m each and never played.
    Rudy Gay signs 2 years at 14m each, yet has declined in play.
    They've been shockingly bad the last 2-3 years. Not sure how their moves are flying under the radar. Any other franchise would be getting flamed by the media. No direction and it shows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we trade Purtel... imma be pissed. But can we flip Marco an Carroll for Al Horford? Yal money nerds, let me know the salary cap situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we trade Purtel... imma be pissed. But can we flip Marco an Carroll for Al Horford? Yal money nerds, let me know the salary cap situation.
    bro are you huffing paint? I don’t think that trade would even work in 2k

Horford would be so nice on this team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why on earth would SA want to trade Poeltl. He is one of the few decent young players we have and probably the best defensive player on the roster. ng re ed FO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's Poeltl, it better be Poeltl + x player + y player for good player. Hopefully x and y are our ty players (Carroll, Forbes, Marco, Gay).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i agree...

The only way i see possible that they are even considering trading Peoltl is that the FO may think he will be offered a massive contract in free agency that the Spurs will not be willing to match. Thus better to trade him now for something than lose him for nothing. I still don't like it though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why on earth would SA want to trade Poeltl. He is one of the few decent young players we have and probably the best defensive player on the roster. ng re ed FO
    On the other hand, Poeltl for Miles Turner would be a great deal for the Spurs (not that Indy would do that).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the Spurs never had any plan for Carroll to begin with and he was signed to be a trade piece since they had to spend the MLE anyway?
    That doesn't make sense. They didn't have to spend the MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much do the Bucks like Matthews? Starting for them but he's only playing 24 mpg and shooting 40% from the field. I feel like he'd still be a massive upgrade over Brent despite his age and injuries. I wanted him after he got bought out last season but he chose the Pacers instead.

Can't believe MIL got him for 2.5 mill/yr while we're paying Carroll 7 mill/yr to sit on the bench smh.
    Mathews is only shooting 40% because 68% of his shots are 3's. He an an above average 3pt shooter so that fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were already rumors that ATL was interested in Poeltl, and they seem to be chasing a center, with interest also shown in Capela and Miles Turner. The Spurs would maybe have a slight edge if they chose to move on from Jakob in that he is on a rookie deal, where the other two are already getting paid. I don't think the Spurs would give him away, but if a nice young asset were dangled, a deal could get done. I doubt anything happens, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were already rumors that ATL was interested in Poeltl, and they seem to be chasing a center, with interest also shown in Capela and Miles Turner. The Spurs would maybe have a slight edge if they chose to move on from Jakob in that he is on a rookie deal, where the other two are already getting paid. I don't think the Spurs would give him away, but if a nice young asset were dangled, a deal could get done. I doubt anything happens, though.
    I'm with some of the other posters; I only trade Poodle if we can BOTH attach Bryn (or another piece that we need to jettison) AND get a very good player in return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with some of the other posters; I only trade Poodle if we can BOTH attach Bryn (or another piece that we need to jettison) AND get a very good player in return.
    I don't want to trade him at all. Where else are we going to get a 7 footer who can finish a one man fast break with a Euro Step?

I'd consider the probability of a Poeltl trade pretty small.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Poetl only traded if Spurs think they won't pay him this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want to trade him at all. Where else are we going to get a 7 footer who can finish a one man fast break with a Euro Step?

I'd consider the probability of a Poeltl trade pretty small.
    With all of the other players we need to jettison, if this team trades Poodle and retains the trash, it will spare me the time/misery of having to watch this team for at least the remainder of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see PATFO trading Poeltl + fillers for a starter. This would actually make a lot of sense. Poeltl is only playing 17 minutes per game, if the Spurs can get a starter at PF back for him who can play close to 30 minutes per game you do it. It would improve the team. Especially since Rudy Gay has proven to be a lot better playing small ball Center than Power Forward. Of course it depends on the return, but a move like that isn't out of the question.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to get rid of these trashes spurs have to build a package with ddr/lma or young guys or picks. Anyway we got another trash.

btw to all those who think we should trade poeltl, who will be our center now and when lma leaves? Imo hes a solid center and wont be expensive so its worth to keep him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see PATFO trading Poeltl + fillers for a starter. This would actually make a lot of sense. Poeltl is only playing 17 minutes per game, if the Spurs can get a starter at PF back for him who can play close to 30 minutes per game you do it. It would improve the team. Especially since Rudy Gay has proven to be a lot better playing small ball Center than Power Forward. Of course it depends on the return, but a move like that isn't out of the question.
    It really doesn't. Poeltl is a future long-term starter at center. Trading him to get an upgrade at PF to try and make the playoffs would hurt the Spurs long-term.

Thread Information