Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    doesn't make sense to trade poeltl for a PF... spurs need size as it is. la shouldn't be playing the 5 as much as he does. if spurs made the POs and la was the biggest player the spurs had to deal with lebron, davis, howard, mcgee... that shīt would get sad real quick.

i would trade poeltl to upgrade the C.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really doesn't. Poeltl is a future long-term starter at center. Trading him to get an upgrade at PF to try and make the playoffs would hurt the Spurs long-term.
    If you can trade Poeltl for John Collins you do it. Collins can start at PF right away and is 22 locked in on a rookie deal. If you can do Poeltl + Rudy Gay for Myles Turner you do that too. I'd even add a 1st round pick to get Turner. He can shoot the 3 and play next to LaMarcus without messing up the spacing, he's young and locked in on a good long term deal as well. Both scenarios would improve the team.

And even if you lose Poeltl you can still look at doing a Bogdanovic/Dedmon deal with the Kings. I don't think they would want a lot back if you take on Dedmon with Bogdanovic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    poetl should keep him if his on a small contract

everyone over 26yrs old, needs to gtfo this team

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    jabroni young has been dead wrong before. but hopefully spurs move the three players in the thread tītle... that's $27.3M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can trade Poeltl for John Collins you do it. Collins can start at PF right away and is 22 locked in on a rookie deal. If you can do Poeltl + Rudy Gay for Myles Turner you do that too. I'd even add a 1st round pick to get Turner. He can shoot the 3 and play next to LaMarcus without messing up the spacing, he's young and locked in on a good long term deal as well. Both scenarios would improve the team.

And even if you lose Poeltl you can still look at doing a Bogdanovic/Dedmon deal with the Kings. I don't think they would want a lot back if you take on Dedmon with Bogdanovic.
    We like what we have

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jabroni young has been dead wrong before. but hopefully spurs move the three players in the thread tītle... that's $27.3M.
    Batum + pick

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    if you include demar with marco, demarre, and rudy... that's $55.8M. you could definitely make a positive impact on the roster with an infusion of players making ~$56M. you could even spend that on just two big pieces to go along with murray, white, lonnie, la, poeltl, patty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We like what we have
    A loser mentality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is taking that trash combined with rudy,tbh

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    hopefully the spurs get demolished tonight tbh... the camel's back needs to break...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is taking that trash combined with rudy,tbh
    Anyone is tradeable. With that said - realistically - that package's return will be very underwhelming.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trading away Poeltl only makes sense, when you already know that he wont resign with the Spurs.
    He can and will be a cornerstone of the Franchise. Its not easy to find someone who is as good at protecting the rim and is mobile enough to defend even guards to a certain degree.
    Only and idiot would trade him away for a Collins type of Player. You want to improve the Roster not just exchange Players, which are even worse than what you gave away.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blow up mode:

- DDR for Fournier/Bamba/Okeke rights
    - LMA for Whiteside and Collins
    - Gay to Heat for Leonard and KZ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading away Poeltl only makes sense, when you already know that he wont resign with the Spurs.
    He can and will be a cornerstone of the Franchise. Its not easy to find someone who is as good at protecting the rim and is mobile enough to defend even guards to a certain degree.
    Only and idiot would trade him away for a Collins type of Player. You want to improve the Roster not just exchange Players, which are even worse than what you gave away.
    you're really in love with the guy

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you're really in love with the guy
    Thats your Defense for your bad Trade Proposal? *smh*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as Brent Forms’s name is not attached to trade talks, I don’t take this team seriously in making the right changes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. It's just obvious that you have a stiffy for Poeltl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really want to know the back story on Carroll. Collecting dust on the bench.
    I can relate a story about a similar situation. Some years ago a front office type made a acquisition without notifying or getting the approval of a NBA coach. The coach was furious because he wasn't consulted and responded by never playing the new player. "No offense, Man, this is between me and the FO."

I suspect something similar happened with the new FO guy who took over for RC not understaning the realities of life. He had the power to sign, but not to make the coach play Carroll. You can bet that the new guy will do ANYTHING to get rid of Carroll to keep from losing more face for the next two years. That of course assumes he keeps the job past June.

I don't have any inside info, but there can only be one reason and this seems to work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hopefully the spurs get demolished tonight tbh... the camel's back needs to break...
    I believe they will be demolished, but that won't break the Old Camel's back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's not a bad proposal if you trade a 17 minute bench player for a player who can start at a position of need on a cheaper contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can relate a story about a similar situation. Some years ago a front office type made a acquisition without notifying or getting the approval of a NBA coach. The coach was furious because he wasn't consulted and responded by never playing the new player. "No offense, Man, this is between me and the FO."

I suspect something similar happened with the new FO guy who took over for RC not understaning the realities of life. He had the power to sign, but not to make the coach play Carroll. You can bet that the new guy will do ANYTHING to get rid of Carroll to keep from losing more face for the next two years. That of course assumes he keeps the job past June.

I don't have any inside info, but there can only be one reason and this seems to work.
    If what you are posing is true, the guy is ALREADY gone come June. Nothing will save him - unless Pop surprises me and retires.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Certainly a possibility, but I doubt it. Part of the Spurs culture and what is highly regarded by them is that there is in-depth communication from top to bottom, especially between management and head coach

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the other hand, Poeltl for Miles Turner would be a great deal for the Spurs (not that Indy would do that).
    Gay + Poeltl for Turner works... or Carroll + Belli + Poeltl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Certainly a possibility, but I doubt it. Part of the Spurs culture and what is highly regarded by them is that there is in-depth communication from top to bottom, especially between management and head coach
    They've also gone out of their way to move players who have asked to move, with one exception. The whole DeMarre thing is strange.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is the POBO. I 100% guarantee he signed off on adding Carroll. Zero chance this was just a random move made without his knowledge

Thread Information