Post Count
    Spurs future
    Trade LA and DD because our young guns can do it
    Just give the keys to our young guys and we're set
    your one game sample size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike D'Antoni fixes a lot of problems tbh. Pop is making the youngins play too slow. They aren't smart enough or have enough savy to play nothing but halfcourt offense. I'm not saying that our offense is bad, but the defense is bad. And the reason the defense is bad is bc we play Forbes and Marco. And Pop plays Forbes and Marco bc he hasn't figured out an offense for the young guys. Run them. Push the tempo. Have them just ball. That will help them grow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One trick pony's so far. Neither has a jumpshot or can create their own shot. However, the potential is there and they could probably do well in a more up tempo offense.
    Ya I get what you're saying fam but the NBA is organized basketball--gotta learn to play within a scheme this isn't rec 5 on 5. Can't go around playing without purpose--most of these young dudes can fly out of the gym but can't do much else. As much grief as people give Brent Forms, he put up better numbers in roughly the same amount of time. Nationally televised games are where you as a young buck make a name for yourself and they failed, again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike D'Antoni fixes a lot of problems tbh. Pop is making the youngins play too slow. They aren't smart enough or have enough savy to play nothing but halfcourt offense. I'm not saying that our offense is bad, but the defense is bad. And the reason the defense is bad is bc we play Forbes and Marco. And Pop plays Forbes and Marco bc he hasn't figured out an offense for the young guys. Run them. Push the tempo. Have them just ball. That will help them grow.
    Ya run them and push them with slow ass Rudy GaY, LMA, DDR and Marco

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya I get what you're saying fam but the NBA is organized basketball--gotta learn to play within a scheme this isn't rec 5 on 5. Can't go around playing without purpose--most of these young dudes can fly out of the gym but can't do much else. As much grief as people give Brent Forms, he put up better numbers in roughly the same amount of time. Nationally televised games are where you as a young buck make a name for yourself and they failed, again.
    You can still play uptempo with a purpose. Several teams do it, they just have the right players to run it. We don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes no sense not to have a slow paced half court unit (DDR, Forbes, Gay, LMA, Carrol) mixed with a fast paced unit (Whhite, Murray, Walker, Mills, Poetl).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya run them and push them with slow ass Rudy GaY, LMA, DDR and Marco
    Run them with Mills, White, Murray, Lonnie, and Poetl.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A flat-earther and Instagram junkie aren't taking us anywhere. We could tank, end up with a "lottery pick", trade/"relieve" ourselves of LMA and DeMar, Pop could retire and we have the most cap space we've had since 1997, I.E the "ST Wet Dream" and people would still . And the Spurs will be even more rotten.

I wonder how long people will need to give these kids before they realize their ceilings aren't anywhere near as high as they wish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah that he's right this team would be much better if the DD & LMA had actual NBA players around them.
    this guy gets it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut your ass up.
    Hey , you're having your tanking and your Lonnie closing games showing everybody what is made from. You'll be even happier next season with a rinse and repeat. You must love Cavs season too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    remember when Pop called out Walker for not being compe iveagainst the Clippers at the start of the season? This time he scored 2 more points than in that game while playing 15 more minutes and Pop praised him. Certain sniffers thought that criticizing Walker publicly would make him so much better

Walker in particular has to be more aggressive. He's talented enough, he just defers to much to his team mates. Remember this kid had a lot of stretches of scoring 10+ points with ease. He just has to be able to play loose and take shots instead of passing up wide open ones

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The level of stupidity on this site is amazing. Get it through your heads, idiots, Bryn Forbes is not an NBA caliber player. The team is worse when he gets playing time. The opposite is true of Walker. Walker is better than Forbes in every facet of the game. This is not even a debate. Stop placing dumb popovich's shortcoming on Walker.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey , you're having your tanking and your Lonnie closing games showing everybody what is made from. You'll be even happier next season with a rinse and repeat. You must love Cavs season too.
    Cavs best the Spurs at home this season, dumb . Forbes and DeRozan bringing the Spurs all the way to the 10th seed! Great work!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cavs best the Spurs at home this season, dumb . Forbes and DeRozan bringing the Spurs all the way to the 10th seed! Great work!
    public school system product, ain't you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The level of stupidity on this site is amazing. Get it through your heads, idiots, Bryn Forbes is not an NBA caliber player. The team is worse when he gets playing time. The opposite is true of Walker. Walker is better than Forbes in every facet of the game. This is not even a debate. Stop placing dumb popovich's shortcoming on Walker.
    Only a tanking team would play Lonnie. He fits right where he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his team IMMEDIATELY won after trading him...
    I hate Defrozen as much as anyone but cmon, that's pretty disingenuous. All it proves is kawhitter is a much better player, which is a known fact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    remember when Pop called out Walker for not being compe iveagainst the Clippers at the start of the season? This time he scored 2 more points than in that game while playing 15 more minutes and Pop praised him. Certain sniffers thought that criticizing Walker publicly would make him so much better

Walker in particular has to be more aggressive. He's talented enough, he just defers to much to his team mates. Remember this kid had a lot of stretches of scoring 10+ points with ease. He just has to be able to play loose and take shots instead of passing up wide open ones
    It's pretty clear though that there's been some kind of directive for force-feeding LMA or especially DeMar the ball, as they are the "stars" of the team, and this affects Lonnie the most. He isn't yet a good off-ball player and excels when the ball is not only on his hands BUT ALSO he has the go-ahead light to be aggressive. What was the difference between the Rockets game's Lonnie and yesterday's Lonnie? One was hot and had the green light/confidence to call his own shot, whilst the other has to defer to the team "stars" and stand around in the corner to provide stupid spacing.

There are no plays drawn for Lonnie. DeMar does not look for him to pass when he drives. No PnR action is called for him. A coach's job is to get his good players the ball and put them in positions to succeed - look how differently Poo coaches Forbes and Lonnie. There's no denying that Popovich shuns Lonnie to an extent and it's affecting not only his game, but his confidence and relationship with the team as a whole. Cue Drew's video of Lonnie looking disgruntled multiple times on the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only a tanking team would play Lonnie. He fits right where he is.
    I can't wait for Lonnie's next 20p+ game so we can stop listening to your takes for another month or so, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i feel better about walker than i do about murray at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they've both underwhelmed. but gotta keep giving them minutes and see if experience benefits them... though i think murray needs offseason work on his handling before he really takes a big step

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't wait for Lonnie's next 20p+ game so we can stop listening to your takes for another month or so, tbh.
    your hardon for Lonnie is really cute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I told you nutsuckers they were scrubs, years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your one game sample size.
    Thread le says 'Murray and Walker Nice try though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Borderline useless is brian wright,tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count