Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Can't believe I'm going to actually be rooting for the Lakers to win the west.
    damn this is an underrated post lol.. i did root for the spurs vs miami so mask off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like Clippers did this so the Lakers wouldn't get him. Not a fan of moves made because of another team, and not your own team needs. To me, the guy they should have tried to get who got dealt was Dieng. They needed more size and depth at center. And Dieng has developed into a very good three point shooter in his own right.

Morris still helps. But I feel like Dieng could have been a better addition.
    Still have the buyout market. Wouldn't be shocked if they land Tristain Thompson, Taj Gibson, or Marvin Williams.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not a done deal yet, but it's close:

congrats mein negar, big time move by a big time consultant.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Still have the buyout market. Wouldn't be shocked if they land Tristain Thompson, Taj Gibson, or Marvin Williams.
    FWIW, Thompson isn't getting bought out.

The Clippers, Celtics and Heat will be all over the buyout market too. Personally, I'm skeptical any of the players available will make much of a difference besides Collison and Marvin Williams (and even they're not sure bets). NBA buyout season is one of the most overrated aspects of pro sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FWIW, Thompson isn't getting bought out.

The Clippers, Celtics and Heat will be all over the buyout market too. Personally, I'm skeptical any of the players available will make much of a difference besides Collison and Marvin Williams (and even they're not sure bets). NBA buyout season is one of the most overrated aspects of pro sports.
    Agreed, but the Clippers just need a situational big that can play 5-10 mins in certain matchups like against MIL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy how Lakers didn’t want to give up Kouz. This may bite them in the ass, especially if somebody gets an owie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn this is an underrated post lol.. i did root for the spurs vs miami so mask off.
    Wow, how true. a load management go LeBronze gang gang

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    omg he's gonna climb that wall

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Can't believe I'm going to actually be rooting for the Lakers to win the west.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Kawhi haters

Bitter fat Spurms fans

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    lol Kawhi haters

Bitter fat Spurms fans
    Kawhi's haters are just sniffers who don't want to admit that Pop ruined the Spurs, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, but they're the only team in the West that matches up decently against them IMO.

Milwaukee is our best hope overall, of course.
    The Bucks are going to win the championship this year. They were supposed to win last year until they got Klaw'd. They'll be extra motivated to take it back. Would be cool to see Clippers vs. Bucks in the Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's haters are just sniffers who don't want to admit that Pop ruined the Spurs, tbh.
    True true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^They're not mutually exclusive. It's possible to hate both Pop and Kawhi. Personally, I'd root for the Clippers over the Lakers because I still prefer Kawhi over Lebron.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^They're not mutually exclusive. It's possible to hate both Pop and Kawhi. Personally, I'd root for the Clippers over the Lakers because I still prefer Kawhi over Lebron.
    I agree with this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lakers going after morris, when they already have 3 bigs on the team in coward, tranny, dmc?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers getting their pushed in by a scrub team. Meanwhile the Raptors just won their franchise record 14th straight. Yeah Kawhi is a difference maker.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Clippers getting their pushed in by a scrub team. Meanwhile the Raptors just won their franchise record 14th straight. Yeah Kawhi is a difference maker.
    The Raptors have Nurse. We have the worst coach in pro sports.

The Raptors value defense. We make sure to play all our worst defenders together for long stretches of time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Raptors value defense. We make sure to play all our worst defenders together for long stretches of time.
    Nurse is the latest flavor of the month, great white hope media creation (since he buddied up to some of the big wigs, which helped his unethical ass steal Casey's job).

Every time some team that plays the media game rises to prominence, they crown them and brainwash the gullible masses into thinking they've discovered some secret sauce, when the truth is the majority of this is luck.

There's no greater example than them. They've fall ass backwards into an athletic, 3 and D wing/guard loaded roster, that has good chemistry and has become greater than the sum of their parts. He's the lucky beneficiary of not having to make difficult (offense/defense, big/small) decisions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nurse is the latest flavor of the month, great white hope media creation (since he buddied up to some of the big wigs, which helped his unethical ass steal Casey's job).

Every time some team that plays the media game rises to prominence, they crown them and brainwash the gullible masses into thinking they've discovered some secret sauce, when the truth is the majority of this is luck.

There's no greater example than them. They've fall ass backwards into an athletic, 3 and D wing/guard loaded roster, that has good chemistry and has become greater than the sum of their parts. He's the lucky beneficiary of not having to make difficult (offense/defense, big/small) decisions.
    Nurse’s story is pretty interesting, he’s had championship success at every level iirc. Some luck, some preparation.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...rs-coach-path/

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Yeah, the Raptors' success is not luck. They have the next Jerry West in Ujiri, some of the best scouts in the business, and one of the best player development infrastructures in the league. They and the Heat are on another level from the rest of the league in developing talent.

Giannis is probably signing with the Raptors in a few years if the Bucks can't get him a ring.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sounds like you are talking about Pop's current coaching.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the Raptors' success is not luck. They have the next Jerry West in Ujiri, some of the best scouts in the business, and one of the best player development infrastructures in the league. They and the Heat are on another level from the rest of the league in developing talent.

Giannis is probably signing with the Raptors in a few years if the Bucks can't get him a ring.
    People thought the Spurs had the secret sauce for 20 years . . . how smart do they look now? Then it was team "light years ahead" . . . how smart do they look now?

Shady Ujiri is on an unprecedented run of luck. He's been trying to re-build since he quit on the Nuggets, but he keeps falling ass backwards into success . . .

- Trades/salary dumps Gay for 4 spare part role players and they get significantly better
    - Trades Lowry to the Knicks only for Dolan to block it
    - Tries to trade DeRozan for a few years, going so far as to offer him for Wiggins
    - Debates between Poeltl/Sabonis, goes with the former
    - Has Anunoby fall into his lap because he tore his ACL and teams acted like it was an Achilles

Siakam and Van Vleet were flukes. As if they had any idea they'd become the players they have.

The S bag "trade" was the equivalent of finding a wallet with a significant amount of money in it. They were only able to pull it off because he intentionally destroyed his value and no one wanted to give up a piece that could hurt them long term. They had no such problem, plus a senile front office here that refused to re-build.

Now because of that and 5 of the Warriors top 7 players being injured, he's a genius? Give me a break.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    People thought the Spurs had the secret sauce for 20 years . . . how smart do they look now?
    The difference is that the Spurs were riding the coattails of a first overall pick who turned out to be the second-greatest player of all time. The Raptors don't have a Tim Duncan and they're still winning.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference is that the Spurs were riding the coattails of a first overall pick who turned out to be the second-greatest player of all time. The Raptors don't have a Tim Duncan and they're still winning.
    That has nothing to do with what I said.

Thread Information