Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs' talent isn't their problem. They're drastically underperforming that talent most nights, and that's a coaching issue. There's no synergy between the roster and the scheme, and that's ridiculous given that the coach runs the FO. This isn't the natural ebbing of a once-constant stream. That was what happened two years ago. What's happening right now is beyond that and blatantly unnecessary. Lotto picks, cap space, nothing is going to fix the team until the decision-makers step down. They have the power to turn it around but no longer have the insight to do so. People Jeff McDonalding and pretending like this is inevitable are just enabling PATFO's misguided and frankly selfish decisions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs' talent isn't their problem. They're drastically underperforming that talent most nights, and that's a coaching issue. There's no synergy between the roster and the scheme, and that's ridiculous given that the coach runs the FO. This isn't the natural ebbing of a once-constant stream. That was what happened two years ago. What's happening right now is beyond that and blatantly unnecessary. Lotto picks, cap space, nothing is going to fix the team until the decision-makers step down. They have the power to turn it around but no longer have the insight to do so. People Jeff McDonalding and pretending like this is inevitable are just enabling PATFO's misguided and frankly selfish decisions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talent is not a problem? DeRozan is practically begging for more help. We have no other creator on this team that can put it on his back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talent is not a problem? DeRozan is practically begging for more help. We have no other creator on this team that can put it on his back.
    White had no trouble doing it last season and has had stretches this season. Problem is he gets benched/neutered regularly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White had no trouble doing it last season and has had stretches this season. Problem is he gets benched/neutered regularly.
    He was set up for failure last off-season. Pop took him to the National Team where, by all accounts, he performed very well. He had every reason to expect that Pop would hand him the keys to the Spurs this season, only to have them gifted to a guy who isn't a natural PG and hadn't played in a year. White is an excellent PG in the non-making, thanks to Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh man, even some of the old Sniffer regime has turned on the old man...

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBC Sports Washington: Tyler Byrum and Chase Hughes: 2020 NBA Mock Draft 5.0: Pre-Trade Deadline Edition
    Draft order based on Jan. 29 standings. (And seemingly not playoff seedings).

16. San Antonio Spurs: Isaiah Stewart

School: Washington
    Year: Freshman
    Position: PF/C
    Height/Weight: 6'9, 245 lbs

An imposing force on the court with a 6-9, 250-pound frame. Immediately teams will be drawn to his strength and power. Noted for focusing on all the little things and refined mechanics of a true center, but will need to work on his speed and endurance.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: NBA Mock Draft 2020: Fresh Predictions After LaMelo Ball Out for NBL Season
    Mike Chiari
    January 16, 2020

14. San Antonio Spurs: Josh Green, G, Arizona

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As mentioned above, Derrick White needs to lead this team. Last year we went as far as he went, which was pretty far considering the rest of the roster. He looks really really good at times last year and feel like he's got a good feel for the game.

DJ needs more work but I like him as well. Either off the bench or even as a shorter 3&D type player. We need defense badly and he can provide it.

Spurs love forever RobinsontoDuncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish the moody children on this forum would stop hijaking this thread and let the rest of us talk about the draft instead of your useless rants about Pop and the team.

That said, I really like Daniel Oturu in this draft. He’s like a perfect modern 5 prototype that plays great defense at the rim and is putting up monster numbers in college. He might very well be available where the spurs are picking too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As mentioned above, Derrick White needs to lead this team. Last year we went as far as he went, which was pretty far considering the rest of the roster. He looks really really good at times last year and feel like he's got a good feel for the game.

DJ needs more work but I like him as well. Either off the bench or even as a shorter 3&D type player. We need defense badly and he can provide it.
    Part of the reason I expected the team to be better was development from them and the addition of Walker. They haven’t performed up to expectations but a good reason for it is Pop, minutes, roles, inexplicable benchings, rotations, pets etc.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any chance Milutinov can at least fetch the Spurs a 2nd rounder?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fit is a bigger issue than talent, but make no mistake, talent is still an issue. Even though DeRozan is the go-to initiator, their "PG" tandem is among the worst in the league offensively, their "SG" tandem is defensively and with Gay falling off a cliff, their "PF" tandem is on both sides.

We'll see where they ultimately land, but if they're a few or a handful of spots behind Avdija, I suspect they'll make a strong push to trade up for him, dangling their own pick, White and possibly a third minor asset if need be.

They've got depth of youth, all picks going forward and could possibly add more if/when they trade the "mid 3".

With the combination of his being foreign and filling a positional and theoretical skillset need, I doubt they'll be able to help themselves. If, as I suspect, they project Murray and Walker as the current back court of the future, having a "SF" who excels at making players for others is paramount.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any chances we can get wiseman if we start tanking?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The latest Bleacher Report mock draft.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...ition.amp.html

Nico Mannion??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs worked out Obi last year before he opted out of the draft. Fyi
    FWIW Jay Bilas on ESPN's Pardon the interruption says Obi goes top 5 in the draft, and is the best player in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The latest Bleacher Report mock draft.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...ition.amp.html

Nico Mannion??
    Quick but not fast. Doesn’t play good D but is a great passer, shooter and playmaker. Would be a good pickup for teams that already have athletic, lengthy, defending wings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FWIW Jay Bilas on ESPN's Pardon the interruption says Obi goes top 5 in the draft, and is the best player in the draft.
    Bilas isn’t too far off. I don’t think he’s the best player in the draft but he’s definitely in the top 5 best players IMO...especially in the modern nba.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edwards, Wiseman, and Ball will get the hype. But Obi is right there, and producing on a winning team! You have to get in the top 4 to even get a chance at Toppin. And with this draft, the pundits think it's weak because no college stars are hitting them over the head like Zion, Barrett, Morant - no one knows where they are going to be slotted, Lakers jumped 11 to 4, Pels jumped 7 to 1, which can swing leverage on picks and trades. But if a franchise is looking at Toppin, you better be in the top 4, I'd be shocked if he slips past that especially if Dayton goes far in the tournament.

Believe.
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Obi may be one of the top players but he will be 22 before the draft and so maybe not a best 5 prospect. Might drop to 8-10

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw this pic in an article and thought I would share it here since it's related to the thread:

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw this pic in an article and thought I would share it here since it's related to the thread:
    Pardon my ignorance, but who is he?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pardon my ignorance, but who is he?
    That's James Wiseman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any chances we can get wiseman if we start tanking?
    Wiseman looks good, but the last few high-end centers (Ayton, KAT, even Embiid) haven't really moved the needle that much for their teams.

Maybe Pop and Duncan could change that trend, but to do so might require ushering in a new era -- the post three-point era?

It's gotta happen sometime (of course, the Spurs would have to somehow get Wiseman in the first place).

Thread Information